276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Training Day

£12.14£24.28Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

proportionately, both discs offer a very capable presentation that most fans will be pleased with. But while the Blu-ray trades in HDR's more vivid Fuqua makes a strong partnership with David Ayer who revels in the complex moral dynamic between Alonzo and Jake. "I walk a higher path son," Alonzo intones when Jake doubts that his so-called training day isn't going as he imagined. The movie smoothly assimilates strong dialogue and violent set-pieces while avoiding a stop-start momentum. Antoine Fuqua Had to Stop Denzel Washington from Doing Stunts on ‘The Equalizer 3’ Set: ‘You Have to Protect Him from Himself’ A-list studio film produced during the last few decades. Height channels are likewise put to good use for overhead effects and room echoes, but

The new Dolby Atmos sound design is crisp, particularly in the numerous shootouts towards the movie’s end. Plenty of immersive sounds during the various city sequences pull you into the film. the full five stars, but this is unquestionably an entertaining and well-made "24-hour thriller" -- it's clearly the director's best work in my eyes, which

Side guide

This two-disc release ships in a dual-hubbed keepcase with new cover art, a matching slipcover, and a Digital Copy code. The ancient extras below

Antoine Fuqua's perpetually watchable Training Day was a major departure for star Denzel Washington who, along with co-star Ethan Hawke,

The elephant in the room is Training Day's new color palette, which leans much heavier on green and teal values than its warmer Training Day's ensemble is arrestingly eclectic, mixing trendsetting musicianswith an assortment of talented character actors. Scott Glenn (Silence of the Lambs) plays a criminal who finds himself on the wrong end of Alonzo's brand of justice. Tom Berenger (Platoon) plays a high-ranking official with the rare ability to intimidate the relentless Alonzo. Antoine Fuqua's 2001 crime thriller earned a powerhouse Denzel Washington his first and only Best Actor Oscar, and remains an intoxicating, tense 24 hours on the violent streets of LA. based mostly on its first-paragraph strengths, with a disclaimer that some will be more able to accept the new palette than others.

interest than the much flatter 2006 presentation. Overall, I like the changes, with the obvious caveat that a true theatrical reference point was not might actually be closer to what audiences saw in theaters circa 2001. The change will require more of an adjustment for the film's "homevideo fans"; it's not as drastic as, say Goodfellas, but I still think a middle-ground approach would have yielded better results. (It's also a bit dark in spots, which is more

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment