276°
Posted 20 hours ago

No Ordinary Day: Espionage, betrayal, terrorism and corruption - the truth behind the murder of WPC Yvonne Fletcher

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I found myself cheering for Valli as she survived another day and made use of what she found. Early on she learned the lesson of using what she needed and then passing it on to others. I like that she did this with both tangible (a blanket) as well as intangible items (a hug). Having students think of things they could pass on to others would be a natural extension to this story.

No Ordinary Day: Espionage, betrayal, terrorism and - WHSmith

This is the story about WPC Yvonne Fletcher, who would have turned 65yrs of age this month. She was gunned down at the tender age of 25yrs by two gunmen when they opened fire with Sterling submachine guns from the first floor of the Libyan People’s Bureau in St. James’ Square, London. This is also the story of the unstinting courage of Yvonne’s friend John Murray who, as a PC standing next to Yvonne outside the Bureau on April 17th 1984 made her a promise as she lay dying, cradled in his arms, that he would not stop until he had brought her killers to justice. He has done half the job thus far by (amazingly) securing a High Court ruling that Saleh Ibrahim Mabrouk, a former minister in Muammar Gaddafi’s government, orchestrated the shooting of Yvonne, and was jointly liable for her death, and for John Murray’s injuries and the injuries of the protesters also hit by automatic gunfire that day. When I first outlined the story to Broo Doherty, my literary agent, I saw her jaw visibly drop as I outlined the secrets I had discovered and the reality of what had been going on behind the scenes in the UK of the 1980s and 90s, and how the aftermath of the Libyan Embassy siege had, effectively changed our Secret Services and shaped the future of UK policing for the next four decades. We realised this was a significant story that would need to be handled by a publisher with the skill to do so. Tentative enquiries with publishers soon produced a result, but it was not the one expected. An executive producer from TV production company was interested. He asked for a copy of the manuscript, it was sent, and within a short time the TV/Film rights were sold, even before the book rights. Not long after that, I was introduced to Duncan Proudfoot from Ad Lib publishers and we knew then we had found the right home for the book. The Top 25 Christmas Cookbooks for 2023: A Smorgasbord of Inspiration for a Happy Foodie This Christmas On 17 April 1984, as demonstrators gathered outside the Libyan embassy in London, two gunmen lay in wait inside. At 10.18 a.m. automatic gunfire rained down on the protestors and WPC Yvonne Fletcher fell, mortally wounded. Many will recall the shooting of Yvonne Fletcher as one of the greatest tragedies in UK policing history. It was followed by the longest siege and one of the greatest mysteries: why were her killers allowed to go free?

Matt Johnson Press Reviews

Espionage, betrayal, terrorism, corruption and murder. All the ingredients of a Le Carré novel, only it’s real’ Matthew Hall

No Ordinary Day : Espionage, betrayal, terrorism and

Moon Ye-won as Kang Da-kyung, a journalist who investigates Hyun-soo's case to write exclusive articles [16] Wild, Stephi (January 2, 2018). "A New Production of ORDINARY DAYS is Headed to London". BroadwayWorld . Retrieved March 24, 2022. Park, Soo-in (June 9, 2021). "김영아 '어느 날' 합류, 김수현 차승원과 연기 호흡(공식)". Newsen (in Korean). Archived from the original on June 9, 2021 . Retrieved June 9, 2021– via Naver.Despite this, John refused to give up, and after almost four decades he has finally fulfilled that promise. This book is an extremely moving and eye-opening account of his long, and often dangerous, quest to not only discover the truth behind his friend’s death and bring her killers to justice, but also in the process expose the despicable behaviour and decisions of a self-serving government, who cared – and continue to care – more about their own agenda than the wellbeing of those who serve them. Whatever boats we’re traveling in, whoever it is that’s in our company, whatever nets we’re casting into whichever seas – each of us is Simon, who deep within is very much aware of our own brokenness and sinfulness.

No Ordinary Day by Matt Johnson - Coles Books

On a day no different from any other, a straight-A university student Kim Hyun Soo makes the mistake of his life. Just as any other college kid would, Hyun Soo is on his way to hang out with his friends. Late at night, he takes his father’s taxi to head over to where his friends are. Hong Guk Hwa, a sad-looking mysterious girl mistakes Hyun Soo’s taxi for an on-duty cab and hops in. That was the beginning of everything. All the choices Hyun Soo made that night leads the normal university student to becoming the prime suspect in a violent murder case. While Hyun Soo shivers from fear and the fact that he is falsely accused, everyone still points to him as the only possible murderer. In this hopeless situation, those who stretch out a helping hand are a low-life attorney, Shin Joong Han, and a criminal kingpin who rules the prison food chain, Do Ji Tae. To prove his innocence in any way possible, Hyun Soo gives everything he has to fight against the police and the Korean prosecution. Whilst No Ordinary Day remains a heartbreaking true story with the twisting and turning plot of an international political thriller. it opens your eyes to the fact that, if those 'interfering suits' were doing all that then, they are surely still doing it today.He graduated with his master’s in theology from Seton Hall University. After his graduation he was assigned to Our Lady of Lourdes parish where he served as Parochial Vicar for 7 years. What else is not a stretch of the imagination – this hits closer to home for many of us, no matter what stage of life we find ourselves in either. As hard as it is to believe sometimes as we go through the list of people we have idealized as being far better than we are – that Mother that Father is better parents than me; that couple is so much more loving to each other than we are; that athlete, that musician, that classmate is so much better than I am;- even that priest is holier, smarter, more creative than I am. That person who looks better, sounds better, is better– even all these conclusions we have concocted in created in our heads, creating rivalries and jealousies with people who may or may not have the slightest inclination that we have – they too would find these destructive cycles somewhat ordinary somewhat familiar themselves. Which explains why vast numbers of people describe themselves as feeling isolated, lonely, and depressed in our day and age. Yeah, there’s so much that’s ordinary and familiar about this scene for Simon – because there’s so much that’s ordinary and familiar about it for all of us. As much as we want to deny it when that light starts to break into that darkness – because there’s something familiar about the darkness that we can get comfortable with – as much as everything stinks, everything stinks, so there’s nothing to do about it, no expectations, I can just sit here and wallow. As a retired cop, I thought I was familiar with the story of how an unarmed officer was killed at a protest outside the Libyan embassy. History Makers: Female Writers Dominate the 2023 William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award Shortlist Espionage, betrayal, terrorism, corruption and murder. All the ingredients of a Le Carré novel, only it's real' Matthew Hall

No Ordinary Day By Matt Johnson | New | 9781802471441 | World

It also provides insight into how and why our Police forces, in particular the Met, have been harmed by direct and indirect political interference since this shooting that has eroded their independence, decimated their numbers, diluted their strengths and hamstrung the delivery of proper justice in too many cases. It highlights how that has also led to 'bad apples' being allowed to wear and then hide behind that uniform to do harm, meaning we the public have both lost trust in them and been poorly served in many instances. A normal college student whose life turns upside down when he unexpectedly becomes the key suspect of the murder case. It tells the true story of the murder of a British policewoman, Yvonne Fletcher by Libyan terrorists and how the British Government have fought to conceal the truth. But John Murray refused to give up and his dogged determination into bringing Yvonne Fletchers killers to justice would take its toll on him but John is determined to leave no stone unturned as he fights the government, Mi5 Mi6 secret service and Trips to Libia risking his own life all to get to the truth and reveal what really happened that day and bring the murderers finally to justice.hankyung.com (in Korean). October 6, 2021. Archived from the original on October 6, 2021 . Retrieved October 6, 2021. One Ordinary Day ( Korean: 어느 날; RR: Eoneu Nal; lit. One Day) is a South Korean web series starring Kim Soo-hyun and Cha Seung-won. It is based on the British television series Criminal Justice written by Peter Moffat. It premiered on Coupang Play in South Korea on November 27, 2021. [6] [7] It is streaming exclusively through Viu outside South Korea. [8] Synopsis [ edit ] No Ordinary Day pulls no punches as it gets deep into the heart of the matter. It leaves no stone unturned as it digs into the dirt and dirty laundry of the politics and the people involved in the cover-up of the case. Jo Litson (9 December 2015). "Ordinary Days foursome hits sigh note". The Sunday Telegraph . Retrieved 24 March 2013. New Sports Biographies and Autobiographies: Gift a Book for the Sports Fan In Your Life this Christmas

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment