276°
Posted 20 hours ago

David Walliams Children Picture Book Collection 4 Books Illustrated by Tony Ross

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Ice Monster is a comedic adventure based on the unlikely friendship between a ten-year-old girl and a 10,000-year-old mammoth. a podobně, a toho záchodového humoru je už zkrátka tak moc, že už to nepřipadá vtipný ani těm dětem. A rude, witty and irreverent illustrated story in which an orphaned girl tries to escape from her murderous auntie and solve the mystery of her parents’ death. In Britain, he is best known for writing and illustrating his Little Princess books and for illustrating the Horrid Henry series by Francesca Simon, both of which have become TV series for Milkshake!

Tony Ross - Andersen Press Tony Ross - Andersen Press

Millions of young readers have loved the World’s Worst Children tales – now they will revel in this delightfully dreadful collection of the most gruesome grown-ups ever: The World’s Worst Teachers.

The way the book is split into chapters which are each their own individual story could help to engage more reluctant readers and could therefore be a good book to recommend to these children and the process of reading a chapter book may become less daunting. As you can guess from the title the elephant is ‘slightly annoying’, in the way that he behaves and how he just assumes that he has control of the house, ruining the house and having no care for the mess he makes. I started and finished this book with a smile on my face, and I had more then a few genuine laugh out loud moments. While it has its moments of humor and charm, there are also some aspects that left me feeling a bit underwhelmed.

David Walliams hands over hundreds of Tony Ross illustrations

His debut children's novel, The Boy in the Dress, was published in 2008 to unanimous critical acclaim and he has since developed a reputation as a natural successor to Roald Dahl. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. He is the Little Britain comedian who became one of the UK’s top children’s authors, selling more than 50 million books worldwide. I would recommend this for emergent readers or children who do not enjoy reading for pleasure as a good introduction to David Walliams. Die humor is vlymskerp en word aangevul deur voetnotas; die gebruik van wisselende lettertipes en -groottes en prettige volkleurillustrasies.It also has a positive message about accepting others, even if they may be slightly annoying at times.

Learn to draw like Tony Ross! | LoveReading4Kids Kids Zone Learn to draw like Tony Ross! | LoveReading4Kids Kids Zone

The story’s are reminiscent of Dahl, as David Williams is always being compared, but to me had shades of Seuss and the Story Treehouse series. Walliams appears to have created similar characters in certain stories, just giving them different subjects that they teach; like the Art Teacher, Miss Conceit, and the Drama Teacher, Miss Palaver , who both teach their classes based around themselves. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Brought to you by number one bestselling author, David Walliams, with every story illustrated in glorious colour by artistic genius, Tony Ross. While the premise was interesting, I found the execution of the story to be somewhat predictable and lacking in depth.Sam invites the elephant in but he causes lots of problems like breaking Sam's bike and eating all the food. Tony Ross yet again illustrates the book – and his work here is exemplary, stunningly beautiful, whilst being at times grotesquely brilliant (his illustrations blending wonderfully with Walliams words) – turning what could be a wordy book into something that will draw children in, engage those who struggle with reading and have them laugh, point and scream with delight or disgust at his fabulous artwork which compliments Walliams words.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment