276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sizers - Round-Toe Shoe Sizing Insert (Multipack)

£6.475£12.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The only plus side I can see to it is that loading should feel more consistent, but to me that is vastly offset by the fact that skirt is likely to be of a smaller diameter than the barrel as the pellet sits after loading, due to the chamfer of the leade in. That lets the pellet sit off square (and perhaps more importantly, in a variable position) as it gets hit by the air upon firing, and that just can't be good. I've been doing this shoot'um'up game more than 70 years and know a bit about how to achieve maximum accuracy from powder guns...and by extension airguns.

Bob and Alan, did you read all of my post? The Robb sizer is apparently designed for exactly what is being discussed. Are you two not understanding this concept or are you stating that it could not work?AS an observation and not to start a dustup or diss anyone, but I've noticed a bit of "analocity" coming from many of the forums not only on airgun forums but also on powder gun forums relating to high accuracy and how to achieve it.

Sizers, as represented by the wxSizer class and its descendants in the wxWidgets class hierarchy, have become the method of choice to define the layout of controls in dialogs in wxWidgets because of their ability to create visually appealing dialogs independent of the platform, taking into account the differences in size and style of the individual controls. I would rather be shooting than get all worked up over a few thou difference in group size that in all probability is not repeatable anyway. It is the unique feature of a box sizer, that it can grow in both directions (height and width) but can distribute its growth in the main direction (horizontal for a row) unevenly among its children. In our example case, the vertical sizer is supposed to propagate all its height changes to only the text area, not to the button area. This is determined by the proportion parameter when adding a window (or another sizer) to a sizer. It is interpreted as a weight factor, i.e. it can be zero, indicating that the window may not be resized at all, or above zero. If several windows have a value above zero, the value is interpreted relative to the sum of all weight factors of the sizer, so when adding two windows with a value of 1, they will both get resized equally much and each half as much as the sizer owning them. Then what do we do when a column sizer changes its width? This behaviour is controlled by flags (the second parameter of the Add() function): Zero or no flag indicates that the window will preserve it is original size, wxGROW flag (same as wxEXPAND) forces the window to grow with the sizer, and wxSHAPED flag tells the window to change it is size proportionally, preserving original aspect ratio. When wxGROW flag is not used, the item can be aligned within available space. wxALIGN_LEFT, wxALIGN_TOP, wxALIGN_RIGHT, wxALIGN_BOTTOM, wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL and wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL do what they say. wxALIGN_CENTRE (same as wxALIGN_CENTER) is defined as (wxALIGN_CENTER_HORIZONTAL | wxALIGN_CENTER_VERTICAL). Default alignment is wxALIGN_LEFT | wxALIGN_TOP. The next section describes and shows what can be done with sizers. The following sections briefly describe how to program with individual sizer classes. wxFlexGridSizer is a sizer which lays out its children in a two-dimensional table with all table fields in one row having the same height and all fields in one column having the same width, but all rows or all columns are not necessarily the same height or width as in the wxGridSizer.

These are JSB Exacts, the two on the left were fired, the two on the right just pushed through the bore.... The exact shape of the skirt after firing depends on many factors, including the pressure, bore fit, pellet alloy, presence of a choke or not, etc.etc…. That is one reason why the BC of any pellet can vary from gun to gun.... I don't agree with Alan."the fact that skirt is likely to be of a smaller diameter than the barrel as the pellet sits after loading, due to the chamfer of the leade in" makes no sense. The pellet skirt is flared precisely for this reason, to be wider than the barrel and to seal into the chamfer to allow air pressure to expand it to groove depth."and the skirt is always far larger than the head" seems to be in direct contradiction to the above statement but does seem to be desired. The skirt starts out larger than the head to center the pellet and allow the skirt to seal to the groove diameter when fired. We’d also advise against the “string method” – measuring your finger with a piece of string, marking the string and then laying this against a tape measure. This comparison is always inaccurate because string is soft and stretchy, while a real ring is hard and keeps its shape. I'm new to PCP...have a 25 cal Daystate Air Wolf coming my way and a rebuilt 22 cal Gauntlet coming from the factory both of which should be here by next Thurs...so I'm crawling the PCP net and banging away with my 177 Octane and 17-22 cal powder rifles fillling/killing time.

It is very important to find out the correct ring size whether the ring is for you or another person. This measurement enables us to provide you with a perfectly fitting ring. A ring that is so small you cannot get it on – or so big it falls off – can really ruin a big moment! 1) OUR RING SIZER APP For information about the wxWidgets resource system, which can describe sizer-based dialogs, see the XML Based Resource System (XRC). See also wxSizer, wxBoxSizer, wxStaticBoxSizer, wxGridSizer, wxFlexGridSizer, wxGridBagSizer wxGridBagSizer is a rather special kind of sizer which, unlike the other classes, allows to directly put the elements at the given position in the sizer. Please see its documentation for more details. You can reduce variability only so much and then weather or environmental factors take over...or you just flub the shot. Pellet skirts are designed to be significantly large than the head of the pellet, and should exceed the groove diameter of the barrel, so that they are compressed slightly (sized) by the chamber on loading.... This insures a perfect seal.... The hollow base and thin skirt of our pellets changes shape drastically on firing, like this....All I can say is, try it and see.... If you get the perfect combination of sizing, head and skirt, for your gun and pellets.... then the consistency that allows can't be worse.... and should eliminate those annoying "flyers"....

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment