276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Injury Reserve

£16.4£32.80Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

d]"Footwork in a Forest Fire" contains excerpts from " Sailor's Tale", written and performed by King Crimson. Kent, Sara-Aisha (July 1, 2020). "Jordan Groggs' cause of death a mystery as rapper dies suddenly". mirror . Retrieved September 16, 2021. Aquarius (feat.Injury Reserve)" by Dos Monos, Injury Reserve on Spotify, July 24, 2020 , retrieved February 9, 2023 Taconelli, Jesse (September 24, 2021). "Sonemic Interview: Injury Reserve". Rate Your Music/Sonemic. Archived from the original on September 24, 2021 . Retrieved October 2, 2021. Jordan Darville (September 15, 2021). "Injury Reserve share new album By the Time I Get to Phoenix". The Fader . Retrieved September 22, 2021.

Injury Reserve are a three-piece hip hop group who were formed in Arizona in 2011. Their self-titled debut album follows several acclaimed releases such as their second mixtape ‘Floss’. On September 29, 2017, the group released an EP titled Drive It Like It's Stolen, preceded by the singles, "North Pole" (featuring Austin Feinstein), "See You Sweat", and "Boom (X3)". All of the singles were released with accompanying music videos. They joined Ho99o9 and The Underachievers on separate tours in 2017. In 2018, the group embarked on their first headlining tour, accompanied by Indiana artist Freddie Gibbs for its second half, and were featured on the Aminé single "Campfire". I recorded all my stuff alone in a dark room, but this created a truth. I was trying to rap in new voices so I could get out of my head." [8]

In July 2023, the decision was made to officially disband. Going forward, the surviving members would reform a new project under the name By Storm, and the Injury Reserve name would stay behind with Groggs. However, one final release would come out in 2023: an Injury Reserve box set, containing all of their previous records. h]"Bye Storm" contains excerpts from " Here Come the Warm Jets", written and performed by Brian Eno.

a b Chris Deville (September 14, 2021). "Album Of The Week: Injury Reserve By The Time I Get To Phoenix". Stereogum . Retrieved September 22, 2021. Talkin' Greezy - Remix" by Cakes da Killa, Injury Reserve on Spotify, March 2, 2018 , retrieved February 9, 2023 Live From The Dentist Office". livefromthe.dentist. Archived from the original on March 12, 2016 . Retrieved March 11, 2016.Stephen Kearse. "Injury Reserve: By the Time I Get to Phoenix Album Review". Pitchfork . Retrieved September 22, 2021. Injury Reserve was an alternative hip hop trio hailing from Tempe, Arizona. It was comprised of producer Parker Corey and rappers Ritchie with a T and the late Stepa J. Groggs.

In 2015, the group self-released their second mixtape, Live From the Dentist Office, aptly named due to the fact it was recorded in the dental office of producer Corey Parker’s grandfather. The project has been praised by music critics for Groggs and Ritchie’s honest and charismatic rapping style, as well as for Parker’s innovative approach to jazz rap and alternative hip-hop, characteristics that are well-reflected by songs such as “Yo,” “Whatever Dude,” “Washed Up” and “Ttktv.” Ghost (Injury Reserve Remix)" by Body Meat, Injury Reserve on Spotify, September 28, 2022 , retrieved February 9, 2023 my realization album i'm sure everybody had a "realization album;" an album that made someone realize exactly what music was, is, and can be. this is that album for me. Zarker, Karen (December 21, 2021). "The 75 Best Albums of 2021". PopMatters . Retrieved January 1, 2022.

Contributions

Arnone, Joey. "By the Time I Get to Phoenix". Under The Radar. Archived from the original on September 16, 2021 . Retrieved September 23, 2021. Cooler Colors was mostly us trying to replicate our favorite artists, and we found that really corny. When me and Parker critique people, we’ll say “Oh that guy sounds like this guy” and then we were realized we’re total hypocrites. Live from the Dentist was us finding our own sound, and that’s why we call that the first actual Injury Reserve project, because the music’s original and it gets at our personalities. Injury Reserve was an American hip hop group formed in 2013 in Tempe, Arizona. The group consisted of rappers Stepa J. Groggs (Jordan Groggs), Ritchie with a T (Nathaniel Ritchie), and producer Parker Corey. [3] As their fan-base gradually widened, in 2017 Injury Reserve continued to strike the iron while it was hot with the EP Drive It Like It’s Stolen, previewed by three singles: “North Pole” (featuring Austin Anderson), “See You Sweat” and “Boom (X3).” Seibert, Brian (November 3, 2021). "A New Kind of Native American Dance Troupe". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331 . Retrieved November 15, 2021.

This last choice allowed Injury Reserve to work with a bigger budget on their self-titled debut album, that eventually was released on May 17th, 2019 and featured many more guest artists (the previously mentioned JPEGMAFIA, Aminé and Cakes da Killa, but also Rico Nasty, Freddie Gibbs and DRAM, among others), as well as more extravagant and forward-thinking choices in the production, as shown in the singles “Jawbreaker,” “Jailbreak the Tesla” and “Koruna & Lime.”

Notes

Stechnij, Tanner (March 30, 2018). "The Rise of Injury Reserve". Phoenix New Times . Retrieved October 2, 2021. By the Time I Get to Phoenix | Bandcamp". Bandcamp. September 16, 2021 . Retrieved September 16, 2021. On September 15, 2021, the group self-released their second studio album, By the Time I Get to Phoenix, led by the singles, "Knees", and "Superman That". The album features Bruiser Brigade rapper ZelooperZ, and was engineered by Zeroh. [16] Shortly following the release, the group embarked on a worldwide tour, alongside Slauson Malone and Colloboh on the US leg. Initially, Zeroh was the supporting act alongside Slauson Malone, but was replaced with Colloboh due to unforeseen circumstances. [17]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment