276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Eraser

£2.03£4.06Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thom's voice. It's a British institution these days isn't it? But he's cranked up the whining a couple of notches to make the record sound meaningful and sad. D'amico, Pier Nicola (8 August 2006). "Thom Yorke: Dancing in the Dark". Paste . Retrieved 4 May 2015. Pareles, Jon (9 January 1992). "Grammy Short List: Many For a Few". The New York Times . Retrieved 30 April 2010. I dont want no future children to make wars for a glass of pure drinking water. Isn't it the same? 1 more litre of petroleum. 1 more piece of land under control. So inhuman. So unimaginably evil. For a short short life. Radiohead were originally called On A Friday. When they signed to the Parlophone label in 1991, they were persuaded to change their name.

Like sleeping on freshly-washed sheets in a night storm, there's something strangely comforting about the sparse, breathy electronics on The Eraser. The layered production typical of producer Nigel Godrich is on full-force here, but there's an added element of silence at play, a sensibility for quiet, a cleanliness clearly audible in the untouched vocals and the muted instrumentation. It's not a record without loud moments, and Godrich doesn't shy away from his signature "woosh" effects as the songs build up, but there's a distinct loneliness in The Eraser. Yorke whispers, menacingly at times, but under his breath. You could easily imagine him playing every instrument, recording every vocal, alone in a room with grey denim walls and stark white furniture. This is a headphone album in the purest sense: a piece of technical precision, where no sound, no beat is taken for granted, and a new element emerges with each repeat listen, like a birthmark you hadn't noticed before. Thom Yorke's No Match For Chamillionaire, Kelly Clarkson In Billboard Race". MTV News . Retrieved 3 May 2015. I thought The Eraser was awesome from the day I bought it (which I think was the day, or at least the week of its first release). Its kind of like Radiohead light. It has a similar mood and atmosphere, but its more of a bitesize collection of electronica songs. The glitches and beeps compliment Thom's vocals and the piano work really well. The lyrics are also excellent. "Harrowdown Hill" has very intruiging lyrics about some PM guy who may have been killed but it looked like suicide or something (I know NOTHING about politics, and I never watch the news lol). But I learnt a little something from this, "did he slip or was he pushed?" questions Thom. "Cymbal Rush" is a freakin awesome closer and the album always makes me think, wow Thom really can sing! His vocal performance MAKES this album!but its so sad in a way. I feel to be a part of this. And I always criticize my behaviour and I feel like I might end up in this song. You know, I really feel sad for whatever thing is making him sad.

Torres, Eric (14 April 2021). "Radiohead unearth Thom Yorke's 2005 From the Basement concert". Pitchfork . Retrieved 13 June 2022. Thom Yorke debuts new song at Latitude Festival – video". NME. 19 July 2009 . Retrieved 25 January 2022. Dombal, Ryan (25 February 2010). "Thom Yorke Names Solo Band, Lines Up American Spring Tour". Pitchfork Media. Archived from the original on 27 February 2010 . Retrieved 2 March 2010.Meacher, Colette (2006). "Got It Covered". Latest Art. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016 . Retrieved 13 December 2007. Plastic Bag” is a song about searching for an escape from personal problems and hoping to find it in the lively atmosphere of a Saturday night party. Ed Sheeran tells the story of his friend and the myriad of troubles he is going through. Unable to find any solutions, this friend seeks a last resort in a party and the vanity that comes with it. Japanese album certifications – Thom Yorke – The Eraser" (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan . Retrieved 22 May 2020. Select 2006年7月 on the drop-down menu

I felt very sad listening to the song but I couldn't give it some solid meaning. eaten by the worms, thank you so much, I realized why it was. Its a love song. I cant believe thom can write love songs still, he's married, not to mention. The Eraser cover art was created by Stanley Donwood, who also creates Radiohead's artwork. The cover, a linocut titled London Views, depicts a figure standing before London destroyed by flood in imitation of King Canute failing to command the ocean. [12] It was inspired by the 2004 Boscastle flood [21] and an article by environmentalist Jonathan Porritt comparing the British government's attitude to climate change to the Canute legend. [12] Walters, Barry (4 July 2006). "The Android You're Looking For". The Village Voice. Archived from the original on 24 April 2014 . Retrieved 4 May 2015. That was a little over seven weeks ago, and you can be sure the window between name and release was purposely kept small so as to mitigate against the weight of expectation. We know this because, for all their No Logo sloganeering, Radiohead have never been afraid to deploy a marketing juggernaut to herald their imminent return. If the message being transmitted here is a modest one, it's because The Eraser is a modest record. Contrary to some of the band's prior releases (and, perhaps, their legacy), it's not an attempt to remake the wheel, but rather, pretty much exactly the kind of thing you'd expect Yorke to make in his bedroom-- glitchy, sour, feminine, brooding, imperfect. It's also strikingly beautiful and thuddingly boring in maddeningly equal measure.a b McLean, Craig (18 June 2006). "Interview with Radiohead's Thom Yorke". The Guardian . Retrieved 3 May 2015. The Eraser comprises electronic music Yorke recorded between his work with Radiohead in 2004 and 2005. The lyrics express his political concerns. " Harrowdown Hill" concerns the death of the British weapons inspector David Kelly, and several songs reference climate change. The cover art, by Radiohead's longtime collaborator Stanley Donwood, was inspired by the legend of King Canute failing to command the ocean, which Yorke likened to government climate policies. a b Plagenhoef, Scott (16 August 2006). "Interview: Thom Yorke". Pitchfork Media . Retrieved 6 April 2007. love is life. I feel so. there's no magic erasers for the errors we make continuously to the environment. Pierre-Louis, Kendra (22 May 2020). "The Climate 'Hot 10 Songs' ". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331 . Retrieved 20 February 2022.

a b Hasty, Katie (15 June 2006), "Donwood Dresses Up Thom Yorke Solo Album", Billboard, Nielsen Business Media, Inc , retrieved 11 April 2012 British album certifications – Thom Yorke – The Eraser". British Phonographic Industry. Select albums in the Format field. Select Gold in the Certification field. Type The Eraser in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter. Offiziellecharts.de – Thom Yorke – The Eraser" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved 23 July 2020.a b Petridis, Alexis (7 July 2006). "Thom Yorke, The Eraser". The Guardian . Retrieved 16 March 2009. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I really wasn't excited about a Thom Yorke solo album. I mean, we've all heard the stories of what Radiohead has been like ever since OK Computer - according to most sources, Thom Yorke has pushed and pulled the band in various directions that other members weren't happy about (at least initially), and only the majority voice from O'Brien, the Greenwoods, and the bald one has kept him in any sort of realm that resembled the Radiohead of yesteryear. There are moments on Kid A and Amnesiac that felt like the solo meanderings of Yorke, and they're frankly the worst songs in Radiohead's catalogue. I Might Be Wrong, for me the most revealing moment in Radiohead's catalogue, gives weight to that theory. Observe how "Like Spinning Plates", a useless, boring doodle, is transformed into a thing of majestic beauty when the other 4 get their hands on it. Thom's habit of not bothering with a discernable high point in the song, preferring to create a mood of overall general generality and generalness. THOM YORKE, And It Rained All Night (Burial Remix)/Skip Divided (Modeselektor Remix)/ Analyse (Various Remix)". Boomkat. 17 December 2007 . Retrieved 12 December 2009. global warming. Thats really a scary&funny thing. A lurking monster. Like we've been lenghtening the human life spam and what for? to live in a radiation-hell landfill?? to destroy ourselves and our race with bombs? We save an embryo ethically to kill hundreds of children without a doubt in wars?? I'd say don't be funny but its far beyond any fun now. Its the final human tragedy. Its called "I dont know what to do" tragedy. we are just watching, while thom's singing, telling.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment