276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Open Barrel Crimping Tool, Professional 22-10 AWG Terminal Harness Crimp Plier Wiring Crimper Crimping Tool

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The tool is made entirely of metal and feels good quality. The only plastic parts are the handle grips, which are made of hard plastic. But there is an ergonomic rubber overmold on them that provides a comfortable grip and prevents the tool from slipping during use. The crimping range is AWG 22-16, equivalent to 0.5-1.5mm². The tool is neither light nor too heavy. It weighs just like my other Preciva crimper for insulated terminals (above 1 lb though). Open barrel connectors are pretty common in automotive wiring, especially on the pins of most automotive electrical connectors. The entire kit comes in a case that makes it easy to transport and prevents the loss of terminals. In addition, the terminals are securely placed in a plastic box with compartments. To maintain a good function and long life: Axles and other movable parts should be regularly lubricated

Due to the large number of different plug connections, crimping pliers in many different versions are required. As a rule, these pliers are operated with one hand - but there are also models for particularly large conductor cross-sections that facilitate two-hand operation thanks to their favorable design. I particularly like the ratcheting mechanism on these crimping pliers. It is nice and smooth and offers optimum force transmission to the jaws for fatigue-reduced operation. Just in case you are wondering, you cannot use terminal crimping pliers for insulated terminals to crimp non-insulated open barrel connectors. These two tools have different types of crimping jaws.It is a perfect tool for a beginner. But as I mentioned, it’s a good idea to practice a few times until you get comfortable. This tool kit is such a game changer and it is fairly priced! Knipex 97 52 14 Crimping Pliers – Best Professional Crimper And innovative support. For example, universally adjustable positioning aids or electronic displays for wear and the necessary calibration for crimping pliers for very sensitive crimp connections. The crimper is factory-adjusted to apply sufficient clamping pressure to the jaws right of the box. However, if it tightens too much or not enough, you can adjust it using the adjusting screw on the left side of the tool.

It is really easy to use the tool. Once you get the hang of placing the terminals on the jaws, the crimping process is super fast and easy. The Wirefy crimping tool set is probably the most versatile pliers kit. It comes with 6 different die sets to cater to the different crimping needs in any wiring project.

Back in stock alert

Not only is the crimper exceptional at crimping heat shrink connectors but also crimps open barrel terminals very professionally. The open barrel crimping die set (#C) offers a crimping range of 20 to 10 AWG. Nonetheless, this tool is ideal for small connectors. No wonder the largest wire it can crimp is 14AWG (2.5mm2).

Lubrication* is recommended at least every 10,000 cycles whenever tool is exposed to dirt or other contaminants The IWS-1424A has a crimping capacity of 24 – 14 AWG. However, because of quality control issues, you might notice mislabeling on the dies. But this does not change the functionality of the tool. However, for professional projects such as the car wiring repairs I do for customers in my garage, I use the right crimping tool. And because I work with insulated terminals most of the time, you often find either the Klein 3005CR or Preciva PR-30J wire crimper in my automotive pliers kit. So far, this tool has been working properly, and I haven’t encountered any problems so far. What I don’t like:You can use it to crimp heat shrink, insulated nylon, non-insulated, ferrule, flag, and open barrel terminals. Key Features Overall, the Preciva SN-48B crimper performs its function effectively. It puts on those open barrel connectors onto wires neatly and professionally every time. I haven’t had any operational issues. This is the perfect tool for professionals. You can use it to crimp connectors on wires of sizes 27AWG to 16 AWG.

It is also worth noting that this open barrel crimper does not have a ratcheting action. This means it will not hold the connector in the jaws without you squeezing the handles constantly. It comes with everything you need for your first task. The kit contains the crimper, along with 300 open barrel terminals of different diameters (2.8 mm, 4.8 mm, and 6.3 mm), which are suitable for cable diameters between 0.5 mm and 1.5 mm. Versatility is also demonstrated by models that, in addition to crimping, are also suitable for stripping and cutting cables. There is nothing significant to highlight, except that the instructions are not clear. Also, the weight of the tool can be quite overwhelming if you are using the tool continuously for a long time. But I guess that is the trade-off for the quality and sturdiness you get. ConclusionCrimping pliers for wire ferrules exert pressure on both ferrule and wire from all sides via four crimping parts. In this way, when choosing the right crimping profile or using an automatic crimping tool due to plastic deformation, a mechanically firm and electrically secure connection is achieved. Remember I once said that you will often be judged on the tools you carry. And most of the time, the brand of tools you bring to a job can impact the level of confidence others have in you. Either build it up or tear it down. Unlike the Preciva, this Knipex crimper is not heavy on the hands. You can use it all day on a project without feeling fatigued. Furthermore, the 20 degrees bend on the head increases its versatility.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment