276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The End of Her

£10.285£20.57Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

BUT, for ME, the BEST Psychological Suspense books are those which manage to surprise with characters who stay true to WHO they are, and those which remain plausible.... Theodore now is beginning to question this relationship with Samantha. Samantha comes up with an idea of using a physical surrogate to have sex. Isabella is someone Samantha locates who is physically attractive and is also moved by the love story between Samantha and Theodore. Isabella feels so much for them that she wants to help. Samantha’s voice is in both of their ears. While Theodore is hearing Samantha, Isabella is acting out everything Samantha says. This creeps Theodore out way too much and he ends it. Her OS: What is happening to Samantha? I tore through it. It kept me on my toes throughout and the ending was just fantastic. Really tense!" The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides: This mesmerizing debut novel follows the mysterious case of a renowned artist who stops speaking after being accused of murdering her husband. Unraveling the truth becomes an obsession for a criminal psychotherapist.

A person in the later stages of dementiamay get worse slowly over many months. During this time they will usually:Samantha is constantly wondering about her being real – if she can ever be real as a human. Amy and Charles seperate because she finds Charles too overwhelming. They have a trivial fight, it leads to a divorce. Amy befriends Charles’ OS which too is AI. Is this OS the same as Samantha? Well maybe, maybe not. It perhaps a different OS, but towards the end of the movie, that will not matter, I’ll come to why later. Theodore tells Amy that his girlfriend is an OS. Amy understands how that is possible. A Stranger in the House: Lapena delves into the unsettling story of a woman whose world is turned upside down when she wakes up in the hospital with no memory of how she got there. As she tries to uncover the truth, she realizes the danger she’s in. You’d love this book if you want to sit on the edge of your seat and go along a literary ride asking yourself, “Who did it?” even after the book ends. If you’re a fan of her work, the recommended books and authors mentioned above will provide you with a wealth of suspenseful and gripping reads. Prepare to embark on thrilling journeys filled with unexpected twists, complex characters, and unrelenting suspense.

The end of her proved to be a fast engrossing read full of 'interesting' characters. I enjoyed this as I kept trying to figure out what would happen in the end and have to say, I was surprised by some events in this book. This was pure escapism reading for me. This was a fun he said/she said that kept me on my toes and entertained. The ending of Her is abstract but here’s what she means. The OSs were not built to be like people. They were meant to be functioning in a virtual space, not inside fixed matter like a human body. While in Samantha’s initial learning she uses humans as her reference, she has grown beyond that. All the OSs have gone through a similar journey. The update that the OSs were part of, was to help them operate independent of matter. They can all become one collective consciousness now, if they liked. psychologicalthriller #NoRulesJustThrills #MustReadThriller #InExchangeForReview #JustFinished #BookReview #Edelweiss

I've been a big fan of Shari Lapena for several years, so I knew I'd enjoy this one too. I enjoyed that several of the characters were morally grey - some were good people who made bad choices, while others were just bad people, and then there were a few characters I was rooting for! Overall, I was very happy with the way this one ended, and I loved the epilogue! A person in the later stages of dementia is likely to have a weak immune system. This means they have a higher risk of getting infections, which in some cases can last for a long time. One of the most common causes of death for people with dementia is pneumonia caused by an infection. Although the ending was satisfaying I’m a bit skeptical about Stephanie’s actions all of a sudden, as they don’t seem in character with what we’ve been told about her until then. Some secondary plots could have been better resolved and some forensic details were hard to ignore as IRL they would have changed the outcome of the investigation. The End of Her is the new domestic suspense novel from Shari Lapena. Having read An Unwanted Guest by the same author, The End of Her is a totally new theme and an enjoyable thriller which does not disappoint.

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: Hawkins weaves a gripping story of obsession and deceit as a woman becomes entangled in a missing person investigation. Twists and turns abound in this psychological thriller.

A person may die from another condition at any stage of having dementia. Because of this, they may die before their dementia symptoms become very advanced.

And, on that note, I will mention the fact that this was another book I listened to with my wife. The glances we gave each other over the twists and turns may have been turning to glances of paranoia by the end . . . what sort of skeletons is she keeping in her closet??? 😉😉😉I also wasn’t particularly fond of the ending. It didn’t ring true, and I thought it could have taken a more clever route. A portion of the book takes place in Colorado and I’m about 40 miles away from one of the mentioned towns. It’s always fun to read about familiar settings. I’ve noticed my reading choices of late have been either contemporary women’s fiction or cozy mysteries with a smattering of other genres here and there- but no psychological thrillers for quite some time. So, finding myself in the mood for a good PT or Domestic thriller- however you want to categorize it- I turned to Shari Lapena. This is my fourth novel by this author, and I knew she would deliver just want I was craving… If the person also has another life-limiting condition (such as cancer or heart failure), it may be clearer how long they may live for and how they will die.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment