276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Meta Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A short cable runs along the left side of the Elite Battery Strap which plugs into the side of Quest 2 to feed it power. The underside of the battery portion has its own USB-C charging port, allowing you to plug in your Quest 2 to charge both the extra battery and the headset at the same time. Roblox Developer Conference Attendees Receive Free Quest Pros Ahead of Quest 3 Launch Carrying Cases

Play for longer with a built-in second battery that delivers up to double the play time* between charges Having used the default Quest 2 strap for far too long, I can safely say the Elite Strap with Battery runs laps around the original in comfort and fit. That strap barely holds the headset in place unless you uncomfortably tighten the top strap, usually catching stray hairs in the process. The headset weight shifts sideways if you tilt your head and otherwise presses down on your nose by default.This isn’t a major issue by any means, but it just doesn’t look great on what is a premium first-party accessory. I have tried various options to manage the cable, but I haven’t found a solution that I’m completely happy with yet. Not really. All you need is a proprietary snap-on mechanism that can be protected, claiming intellectual property. King C. Gillette invented the double-edged safety razor blade around 1900, when looking for a disposable product that customers would have to buy over and over again, and of course patented it. The Elite Strap with Battery also has a button on the bottom of the battery that serves as a charging indicator. If you press the button, a flashing orange light indicates low charge, orange indicates medium charge, and green indicates that the battery is fully charged. You will see similar indicator lights when the battery strap is plugged into the charger. And for anyone wondering if you can use the Elite Battery Strap to charge the headset while using Oculus Link, unfortunately the answer is no. The USB cable that runs from the battery to the headset appears to be for power only, which means no data is passed through the cable if you plug your Oculus Link cable into the battery’s USB port. You’ll need to unplug the Elite Battery Strap’s side cable to use the Quest’s own USB port for the Oculus Link cable. Basically, with the Elite Strap and Elite Battery Strap for Quest 2, if you aren’t wearing if right, you’re going to feel that it’s in the wrong spot. Once you do find that sweet spot around the occipital bone, it’ll be really clear that’s where it’s supposed to rest. And that makes a big difference because the strap is designed to grip in such a way that it distributes much more of the headset’s front weight to the top of your head instead of simply tightening the strap like a vice against your face. Photo by Road to VR

In addition to this article, I’ve also made a video to share my thoughts about the Meta Quest 3 Elite Strap with Battery. I cover all the pros and cons and discuss my experience of using it since Quest 3 was released. I also discuss whether you would be better off opting for a third-party head strap in preference to the official strap, and why I went for the official battery strap. Quest 3 Elite Strap With Battery Specifications The increase in battery life provided by the Elite Battery Strap with Battery feels about right. I’m usually ready for a break after four hours of using my headset, and I think the tradeoff between adding additional weight for a bigger battery, and impact on the battery life is pretty good. I highly recommend you to try it with a similar power bank (65W output is not needed, though): It's much cheaper, the effort is only slightly higher (putting on the belt, connecting the cable), and you can also use the power bank for other purposes. In addition to monitoring the colour of the LED on your Meta Quest 2, you can also see battery levels in VR:Note: to play PC VR games via Link, you’ll need a VR-ready PC. Official Quest Link Cable | Image courtesy Oculus Meta Quest: *Parents:* Important guidance and safety warnings for children's use here. Meta accounts for ages 10+ on Meta Quest 2 and 3; all other Meta Quest headsets for ages 13+. Certain apps, games and experiences may be suitable for a more mature audience. Meta quest features, functionality and content notice: Features, functionality and content are subject to change or withdrawal at any time, may not be available in all areas or languages or may be restricted; may require enabled software or service activation, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. But for my taste, I’m not buying a case for fashion’s sake—it serves its purpose perfectly well as a tote for the Quest 2, controllers, and charger.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment