276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Asmodee Ghost Stories Board Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To start the board game, each player gets to pick one of six character plates that illustrate the character’s stats. The monsters and the Warlords have a number of resistance icons/colors on their cards that represent their health.

game too hard? Try this. | Ghost Stories: The Guardhouse Base game too hard? Try this. | Ghost Stories: The Guardhouse

The Taoistscan only exorcise this incarnation if the ghost place facing him on the opposite board is not occupied by a Ghost. A ramshackle group star in their own B movie horror to explore a haunted house until one turns traitor!

Small World: Underground is a bit like Risk, but in my opinion, it’s more fun and has a much cooler theme!

Ghost Stories Board Game Review — Gray Cat Games Ghost Stories Board Game Review — Gray Cat Games

Mansions of Madness is a fully cooperative, app-driven board game of horror and mystery for 1-5 players that takes place in the same universe as Eldritch Horror and Elder Sign. At least one medium must identify all three aspects correctly before the end of the seventh hour, or the ghost dissipates, leaving players wondering and the mystery unsolved. I’m surprised they didn’t include at least two or three more Bastion tiles to give the game even more replayability. As you explore you’ll pick up items and abilities that will make your character stronger and better able to defeat the monsters and close gates or defeat the Ancient One!

When it is his turn, a Taoist can move onto a tile to benefit from the action of a villager living on the tile – providing it is not haunted – or even exorcize the ghost which haunts adjacent tiles! There are a few other variables I didn't mention, such as what the tiles do and all the ghost abilities, but I recommend going away and looking at the rule book if you want more info. But as you go along, the number of cards you can draw, the number of cards you can play, and even how you win changes with the draw of a card!

ghost story board games - Polygon The best campfire ghost story board games - Polygon

Bauza went and made the game a bit easier for the players to manage, not necessarily made it easier to win, but easier for the player to do things that will benefit them and gave the players more control. The 1-4 player co-operative game comes from a highly successful designer - Antoine Bauza - who has designed some of my favourite games, and well-known publisher Repos Productions.Also included are some nice sculpted minis of the samurai and the Buddha statues for the players to use. This fantasy tower defense theme just isn’t as interesting to me as the ghost-fighting village defense theme in Ghost Stories. There are a set number of normal Monster cards in the game based on the number of players and the ninth card from the bottom of that deck is placed a random Warlord at the start of the game.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment