276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Man Who Loved Islands (Disco Days Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Construction details were impressive and fascinating (…..I was going to say riveting – but I thought better of it). The scale of the engineering was overwhelming. For some reason, whenever I am exposed to details of massive engineering projects I get a funny feeling in my tummy, as I couldn’t imagine being responsible for such a project. The size of the boilers was incomprehensible – they used to expunge 100 tons of ash a day (a 100 tons of ash!!!), the ship carried 7000 tons of coal – yikes!! The electrical power generator was the size of plant to power a large town or a city at the time. The company achieved a comparatively low number of occupational injuries during construction - 8 workmen were killed and 28 seriously injured (out of 4,000 workers), this was considered to be a comparatively low number, it still sounds a lot doesn’t it? For children 8 and over, the adult is not required to go in the water butmust remain in the swimming pool environment. Nottingham is a magnificent youthful city located on the bank of the river Trent in Northern Ireland. It is a major cultural destination with a long history as a trading hub. It offers some of the best art galleries and several other iconic locations. It hosts some of the best events and festivals which tourists and locals alike throng to from neighbouring cities. It is called the “Queen of the Midlands” due to its wonderful location and serene beauty. It is also known as the place where the story of Robinhood legend initially originated. Nottingham lies in an area of low hills, surrounded by beautiful greenery. It has a temperate oceanic climate with mild summers and mild winters. Spring months are the best time to visit this magnificent place. Autumn is also a good time to visit this place as it has milder temperatures and longer daytime periods you can spend visiting its many attractions. Airport/ nearby airport: Opportunity to become part of the Leadership Academy allowing you to volunteer in schools, coach in clubs and support the local community to enhance your qualifications The Village’s indoor sporting facilities also feature a climbing wall (ideal for team building activities), a martial arts dojo, a multi-use salle, studio space and a 25m official short course swimming pool. Outside, facilities include a 3G rubber crumb pitch, sand dressed pitch, netball and tennis courts.

There are approximately 165,000 workers employed in shipyards in the U.S. Between 2011 and 2017, there were at least 45 fatal accidents (4.0 per 100,000) among shipyard workers,8 higher than the rate for all U.S. workers. (Ref: CDC https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/programs/cm...)University of Nottingham Sport will be linking with the new BSc Sports and Exercise Science degree to support the delivery of the academic programme. Facilities Ifyou are able to declare upon arrival that you are a experienced climber (i.e. you can put a harness on correctly, tie in, belay, and boulder safely) then you can start climbing with and supervise up to three novices or under 16s. You will have to fill in a separateform upon arrival at the David Ross Sports Village reception. The bathroom sink tap was stiff and water flow was low unless you opened the tub taps first and then opened the sink taps. The door handle to the bathroom needed fixing, as did the flush button on the loo. It appeared clean but I noticed that the loo was not cleaned properly, some some urine stains noticed behind the lid and 1 or 2 hairs found in the tub. We strongly recomend all customers watch the short BMC video below before registering: Climbing Sessions at David Ross Sports Village I highly recommend this, I couldn’t put it down. I would expect the large, hardcover edition would be a masterpiece. The balance of text and graphics is perfect – as is the detail provided, also the details of the people involved.

Please note, the wall will be closed on a Monday evening for exclusive use of the Climbing Club (term time only), and Saturday and Sunday mornings for Childrens Climbing sessions. It was unusually cold, icebergs were breaking off the east coast of North America frequently (do you know little bergs are called ‘grunters’?). Titanic was required to change course (southwards), but it wasn’t enough and they were unfortunate enough to glance one, after trying to take evasive action – there were a number of eyewitness accounts described, as there were of the sinking. This made the even so very personal. The water temperature was a lethal minus 2 degrees celcius, the sea was also very calm - making it difficult to see any icebergs. I also liked the descriptions of the cabins, dining-rooms and facilities of each class. First Class, of course, sounds sumptuous, but the passengers in Third Class enjoyed generous facilities compared with other ships. They had three meals a day in their dining-room with a choice of dishes, and a means for complaining if service was poor. There was also a men's smoking room, and a 'general room', similar to a waiting room in a train station. A programme of active, fun and social activities that may take place on and off campus allowing you to be active, meet new people and build your confidence We have a huge range of facilities, activities and services available for our student, staff, associate and alumni UoN sports and fitness members.Amongst a vast range of exceptional facilities, the Village is home to an ultra-versatile, impressive sports hall the size of 20 badminton courts (88.95m x 44.10m / 3845sq m) which transforms into a flexible conference, exhibition and event arena capable of hosting 3000 delegates. Events held here previously, have included Medical Symposia, Faith Conferences and Award Ceremonies. One of the iconic Nottingham attractions includes the Victoria Center where you will find the best restaurants and cafes. If you are looking for some authentic Thai food restaurant, try the Zaap Restaurant for some amazing culinary delights with peculiar Thai interiors. You can try the best bacon, French fries, and stilton at the Malt Cross in St. James Street. Those readers enthralled by the Titanic disaster ought to read this fascinating, moving and harrowing book. Though I have read many on the topic, there is always more to learn and reflect upon. Nottingham East Midlands Airport is located approximately 13 miles north-east from the city centre. It is well connected to some of the top tourist destinations via popular public transport systems. It has been established as the transit hub for many low-cost airlines that include operators like RyanAir and jet2.com. It handles more than 4 million passengers per year and is registered as one of the busiest airports in the UK.

Please see below for details on what's included in your membership, additional charges and how to book. Activity pricing - Student, Staff, Alumni and Associate Activity / facility Some of the things to do in Nottingham include visits to these iconic tourist destinations. Nottingham Castle is one of the famous tourist attractions. This ancient building has a lot of history and culture that visitors need to explore. The Flying Horse Walk Shopping Center is located at the heart of the city. It is the best place to shop for clothes and designer wears besides offering almost everything that a shopper needs. Take a tour of the famous Nottingham Cathedral which is more than 200 years old. This iconic building is famous for its intricate architectural design hosting a wide array of events. Top food places in Nottingham: Our experienced strength and conditioning staff offer physical performance testing, movement screening and bespoke S&C services either on an individual or group basis. We use the latest technology and research to give athletes a detailed assessment of their current physical status and work with the athlete, coach and other support staff to produce an athlete-centred programme of support. Links with academic courses If you have never climbed before there are various taster sessions available where you can just try climbing for the first time. Our S&C team also work directly with coaching staff to integrate training programmes with the demands of the sport. We currently work alongside a number of professional clubs and organisations, including Notts County Ladies Football Club, Sport981 and oneathlete, who provide performance support for elite disabled athletes such as Olympic gold medallists Richard Whitehead and Ollie Hynd.Nottingham Trent University Sport/Non-Sport members can now activate and book all pool sessions online. NTU Sport members Please note, for indoor and outdoor court and artificial pitch bookings, following the lifting of restrictions from Monday 19 July, all forms of activity will be able to take place without set restrictions. We advise all customers to refer to the relevant National Governing Bodies guidance where relevant, which will be updated for Step 4. How to book (Student, Staff, Alumni & Associate members) I love everything to do with the Titanic, it has fascinated me since I found out about it, and it helps that I was born 70 years to the day it launched! That has intrigued me even more as there are always documentaries or book releases that come out around the time of my birthday. Hotel is located very close to the train station and very convenient. Hotel looked nice and presentable upon entry. The room was of a good size. I booked a double but got a room that had a double and another bed which I believe was a smaller double or a single. It had ample space to walk around without feeling restricted. When people praised the captain of the Titanic for going down with his ship, George Bernard Shaw wrote tartly: 'So did the cat'. The story of this amazing ship has become legendary, and the subject of countless books, novels and films. It is one of endless fascination.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment