276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blue Lizard SENSITIVE Mineral Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide, SPF 50+, Water Resistant, UVA/UVB Protection with Smart Cap Technology - Fragrance Free, 3 oz. Tube

£9.55£19.10Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the past, many mineral sunscreens were dry, spread like paste, and might’ve left you looking like Casper on your beach day. These days, they have more blendable formulas—many of which claim to leave minimal or no white cast at all. Before we get into our favorites, we tapped a handful of dermatologists to give you the low-down on mineral SPF. What’s the difference between mineral and chemical sunscreen?

At Select, we work with experts who have specialized knowledge and authority based on relevant training and/or experience. We also take steps to ensure all expert advice and recommendations are made independently and without undisclosed financial conflicts of interest. Ingredients: In addition to the active ingredients,you should scan the ingredients list for other factors that may cause irritation, including fragrances and botanical extracts. “When it comes to sensitive skin, the simpler the formula, the less likely for irritation,” says Dr. Joshua Zeichner, board-certified dermatologist and director of cosmetic and clinical research at Mount Sinai Hospital. Mili Godio is an editor at Select who has covered a wide range of skin-care topics, including under-eye circles treatments, sunscreens for oily skin and rosacea treatments. For this article, Godio spoke to eight dermatologists to narrow down the best sunscreens for sensitive skin, and highlighted their recommendations for the best ingredients and products to consider. For face sunscreens specifically, ingredients like soothing niacinamide or hydrating hyaluronic acid are nice, but they’re not imperative—especially if you already apply a serum and face moisturizer in the morning. If you have rosacea, eczema, or another chronic skin condition, Dr. Kim encourages using mineral SPF formulas instead of chemical ones, as they tend to be less irritating for people with sensitive complexions. (These folks should also consider avoiding products that contain dyes, parabens, and fragrances.)

Overall, our favorite reef-safe sunscreen is the Pipette Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50. It’s lightweight, fast-absorbing, fragrance-free, water-resistant, and doesn’t create a white cast, all while remaining affordable. But if you have sensitive or reactive skin, we highly recommend the California Baby Super Sensitive Broad-Spectrum SPF 30+ Sunscreen for you. But I have talked to a few people with a lot of chemical sunscreen sensitivities who’ve said that Asian chemical sunscreens have worked better for their skin than mineral sunscreens, so I think that’s an option worth considering if you haven’t gone down that road before. There is also a common misconception that higher SPF sunscreens allow you to stay in the sun longer without After drying, the colour darkened slightly and went a little more orange (though not as orange as Supergoop Glow Screen), so I recommend you test it out carefully on your skin before you commit. It can be tough to craft a good skin care routine if you have sensitive skin, especially if you have certain skin concerns like rosacea or eczema. It can be hard to protect sensitive skin from the sun, too. Many sunscreens you’ll find on the market are considered chemical sunscreens, meaning they use active ingredients like avobenzone or octinoxate, which are more likely to cause stinging, redness and irritation — to avoid this, experts agree to look for mineral sunscreens, which contain more gentle ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, instead.

reapplying, but this just isn’t true. Every sunscreen, regardless of SPF, should be reapplied at least every 2 Browsing sunscreens online is hard enough, but finding the best choice at the store – at any price – can be overwhelming. For those irksome, buzzer-beater corner store trips, EWG has you covered. Water-resistance: Lea d'Auriol recommends opting for SPFs that are water-resistant because this makes them less likely to wash off of your skin into the ocean. Plus, the better your sunscreen remains on your skin, the more protected you are from the harmful effects of the sun. The Blue Lizard Sensitive Mineral Sunscreen 50+ is our favorite water-resistant option. Once it dried, the tint just didn’t budge, so you do need to be careful when applying and make sure any streaks are blended out. It’s very much like a foundation… or perhaps vinyl body paint.

There are three shades available, and I tried the Fair to Light shade which was a pretty good colour match for my skin. I’d imagine you’d need to have a pretty good shade match for a product like this to work for you. Formulation: Lotions and gels are also easier to spread and rub into the skin, which reduces the likelihood of a friction reaction, according to Dr. Corey L. Hartman, a board-certified dermatologist and founder of Skin Wellness Dermatology in Birmingham, Alabama. Plus, they provide more coverage than a spray sunscreen might. To ensure you are protected from harmful sunbeams at all times, choose a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, and then keep these things in mind when you’re specifically looking for a mineral-based formula in the sunscreen aisle.

Other Occasions & Loved Ones Gift Guides All Other Occasions & Loved Ones For Teens For Grandparents For Bridal Shower For New Parents For Any Occasion Oral Care Wellness All Oral Care Electric Toothbrushes Toothpastes Whiteners Floss Mouthwashes Water FlossersThe sensitive lotion was a little bit annoying to remove because it’s waterproof and greasy. It came off reasonably easily when I used a cleansing oil first, but I did have to rub a bit when I was washing with a body wash for the rest of my body. Getting this off my skin afterwards was surprisingly not too bad – again, a cleansing oil followed by cleanser got rid of it (I used Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Light Cleansing Oil). First, there are a few things you'll want to avoid if you have eczema, sensitive skin, or are prone to reactions. You'll want to treat your eczema-prone skin as extremely sensitive. Rebecca Marcus MD, a board-certified dermatologist and founder of Maei MD, says "For those with eczema, choosing a sunscreen that will not irritate already sensitive skin is key. Look for fragrance-free formulas, and when possible, choose mineral-based actives (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) over chemical sunscreens. Hydrating, skin barrier boosting ingredients such as ceramides added to a formula are a plus and will help to repair compromised skin." While we did find in testing that it transfers a little onto clothing, we love that it’s pretty water-resistant and remains well intact after swimming or sweating. If you’re looking for an affordable, reef-safe SPF that’s easy to apply, comfortable on the skin, and doesn’t leave a white cast, we absolutely recommend this one. To help protect the delicate ecosystem of the world's coral reefs, we are free from Oxybenzone and Octinoxate.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment