276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glucose Revolution: The life-changing power of balancing your blood sugar

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One hundred calories of fructose, glucose, protein or fat might release the same amount of heat when burnt (this is how calories are calculated), but have different effects on the body.

If YOU answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions, there’s every chance you are among the 88 per cent of adults who have dysregulated glucose levels, and suffer the consequences every day without knowing it. Your blood sugars can be a powerful tool to help you make better choices about what and when to eat. Protein earlier in the day keeps people full, and many people see their blood sugars fall rather than rise a few hours later.

The fructose in your food has a much smaller impact on your blood sugar and insulin than carbohydrates because it is converted to fat in the liver. Simply eating to stabilise your CGM trace can lead people to consume foods and meals that worsen their metabolic health. Like this doctor, I once chased higher ketones by upping my dietary fat intake when I got on the keto bandwagon.

If your pancreas is not used to pumping out as much glucose it can be sort of ‘surprised’ by a sudden massive bolus of carbs. You can get your A1C and fasting glucose checked with a simple blood test, and you should be getting it checked yearly anyhow, if you aren’t diabetic. Uncontrollable cravings always correlated with a glucose rollercoaster — spikes and dips in quick succession.The screenshot below shows her blood glucose and the basal insulin that her closed-loop pump system is constantly adjusting to keep her blood sugars in a normal healthy range.

Apple and Samsung are in an arms race to bring that technology into wearable devices,"​ says Claerhout. Choose your breakfast well, and you will feel better throughout the day — with more energy, curbed cravings, a better mood and clearer skin.

While I do love the idea of helping people keep their glucose levels stable and at appropriate levels, there’s something about telling people to micromanage their bodily functions. Studies show that two meals consisting of the same foods (and therefore the same nutrients and calories) can have vastly different impacts on our body, depending on how their components are eaten. Her credibility in my eyes takes a major hit every time she aligns herself with a quack doctor and/or makes ridiculous, fear mongering claims that aren’t scientific in the least.

But to attribute the resolution of your mental health issues, PCOS, and fatty liver disease to fewer glucose spikes is reaching. Another thing that frustrates me is the explosion of people using CGMs to find their ‘unique’ biochemical response to food. Once you give in to your overwhelmingly intense hunger and inevitably gorge on less-than-optimal foods, your blood sugars skyrocket back up, and the process repeats. See this chart from the article above for details (blue line shows fat+carb combo, the brown line is fibre) – https://optimisingnutrition. You have mentioned before (as per the graphs above), that your Optimisers spontaneously eat the least calories when their non-fibre carbs are 15%, and their dietary fat is 35%.

We encourage people to not try as hard – just follow the guidance of their premeal BG to validate their hunger and make better meal choices. My key point is that it’s your glucose level before you eat that you need to focus on lower if you want to continue to progress by addressing the address the root cause rather than just managing the symptom. Because of their fibre content, they are more filling, and your body takes longer to break them down and does not access the energy they provide so easily.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment