276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Proven Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Its focus is on how to train the brain to calm itself down and get back to a place where the logical side of the brain takes over from the emotional one.

Siegel has the unique ability to convey complicated scientific concepts in a concise and comprehensible way that all readers can enjoy. However, when one part of your brain starts to take control, then you lose mental and emotional equilibrium. Although it was interesting to read and gave a few examples of how to implement the practices with children, I find that there is still a disconnect in how to apply it daily. We're the experts on our kids, yet we generally know very little about how their brains work and, more importantly, how we can support their developing brains.Are you a frazzled parent, juggling demands, fighting over unfinished homework, and refereeing sibling fights?

With Katie, her dad helped her to tell the story of what happened the day she was sick at school, and then he helped her to realize that school was enjoyable, her teacher cared, and that he was always there to fetch her, and that she could learn to love school again. Frustrated parents often ask me why the disciplinary techniques they are using with their children aren't working, or are even making things worse. One of the key strengths of The Whole-Brain Child is that it shows that a child’s brain is constantly changing, and that parents can play a role in ensuring that their children maintain a positive emotional state. I'm looking forward to using these strategies with my own children especially after learning how I could be handling arguments and emotions in a better way. He has written several acclaimed books including Parenting from the Inside Out, The Mindful Brain, Mindsight and The Developing Mind.

Name It to Tame It: Corral raging right-brain behavior through left-brain storytelling, appealing to the left brain's affinity for words and reasoning to calm emotional storms and bodily tension. These challenging moments are pivotal opportunities to promote your child’s psychological development. If they can access a sense of stillness and calm, they can learn to separate from and manage the storms that brew around them. We can help our children to build the imaginary staircase between the two levels of the brain, reminding ourselves that a child's brain is always a work in progress. The Whole-Brain Child helps parents understand how a child’s mind functions and why children act in the way they do.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment