276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LECHUZA PON Peat-Free Houseplant Potting Mix for Indoor Plants, Cacti and Succulents Soil Potting Compost 18L

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Since getting a puppy, I have been putting off plant care and repotting for a while. Now that my shiba, Yuki, can finally chill, I got some repotting done! In this blog post, I will explain what Lechuza Pon is, discuss its pros and cons, and how I convert my plants to pon. I will water the plant using the shower method in its existing media to start. Step 1: Clean the roots!

Jane: So let's talk about specifics here, of different plants that you can grow in Pon. Is there anything that you really can't grow in Pon, that really just won't be happy, that you wouldn't recommend trying to convert to a Pon system?

Jakie rośliny można trzymać w Lechuzie?

Once this bit was done I start placing some pon in the planter so that the roots rest on it. And then start adding more until the roots are covered and the plant is secured. Pretty easy and straightforward.

Har din plante brug for støtte, skal du sikre dig at du kun bruger plantestøtter, som er lavet i et uorganisk materiale som fx plastic eller metal, da de ellers vil mugne. Ik gebruik Pon ook om in te stekken. Dit doe ik hetzelfde als wanneer je gewone potgrond zou gebruiken. Mijn Hoya’s en Kaapse Viooltjes wortelen er heel goed in. Alleen de Hoya deykeae lijkt het niet fijn te vinden om in Pon gestekt te worden.

Du vil måske opleve at din plante i starten smider et blad eller to, men der er ingen grund til panik. Giv blot din plante lidt tid (og kærlighed) til at vænne sig til pon. Gødning This will not be 100% the same asLechuza Pon Soil as theLechuza Granulate also contains fertilizer. Boon Bonsai Soil Mix consists of pumice, lava, charcoal, and Akadama which is a clay-like substance. Spider Mites don't seem to care either way what the substrate is as their entire lifecycle can be completed on foliage. Thrips don't seem to care much either, however are much easier to treat with Pon or Leca. Whatever pest you have though, treatment is much easier for plants in Pon or Leca vs plants in organic mixes like soil or potting mix, as repeated drenches and showering don't have the same high risk of over-watering and root rot as plants in soil or potting mix. It is important to talk about how to correctly use Lechuza Pon as I used it wrong in the beginning.

Lechuza heeft eigen sierpotten en binnenpotten met watermeters. In tegenstelling tot hydrocultuur is het niet nodig om de kluit van je plant te verwijderen. Je pot dus de plant met kluit op in een grotere binnenpot en gebruikt hiervoor de pon om de pot op te vullen. Wanneer je de binnenpot in de buitenpot zet, blijft er onderin een reservoir voor water vrij. Dit reservoir kun je via een speciale schacht vullen tot de watermeter op ‘max’ staat. Wanneer je een plant met kluit in Pon zet, is het belangrijk om de eerste 3 maanden van bovenaf op de Pon water te geven. Dus niet via de waterschacht. De wortels van je plant moeten eerst in de Pon groeien voordat het systeem goed werkt. Na deze zogenaamde bijgietfase, geef je water wanneer de indicator op ‘min’ staat. Afhankelijk van de waterbehoefte van je plant, wacht je langer met bijvullen. Lechuza noemt dit de ‘droge fase’ die 2 tot 10 dagen duurt, afhankelijk van je plant Watering is a breeze. You fill up the water reservoir and your plants are sufficiently watered for weeks (2-3 weeks)

Czym jest Lechuza?

Further recommendation: Water your plant initially only from above on the granules and at short intervals. Water little so that no water accumulates in the reservoir - this cannot absorb your plant yet. Daarnaast is het ook erg fijn dat ik minder vaak water hoef te geven. Ideaal als je bijvoorbeeld op vakantie gaat. Maar ook heb ik minder rouwvliegjes en een stuk minder last van wortelrot. Tot nu toe heeft iedere plant die ik op Pon heb gezet het erg goed gedaan. Ik denk dat ik ondertussen wel 100 planten heb verpot, tot nu toe is er nooit een plant dood gegaan na de transitie. Dus wees niet bang voor Pon, probeer het eens uit! Waar kan ik Pon kopen?

The multiple filtering in production reduces the fine particles in the substrate to a minimum. This prevents a silting up in the root area and sustains a long-lasting capillarity.The third method is a complete repot into 100% Pon. That involves removing all organic matter like soil and potting mix, rinsing the roots, then planting fully in Pon. This is also popular for avoiding pests (mainly fungus gnats, but more about pests coming up). 100% Pon also helps avoid irritants for sensitive or allergy sufferers such as fungus spores. Do I have to root a cutting in pon or can I just transfer a plant from soil? Both can be done, depends on your comfort level. I have rooted cuttings and transferred full plants from moss and soil to pon. The most important thing to ensure a smooth conversion to pon is to once again, abide by Step 4: Do not water for 2 weeks after repotting! This means do not fill the reservoir with water, do not get the pon wet. This allows the roots to acclimate to the new media. The 25% method is when people use Pon for drainage only, usually in vessels without drainage holes like terrariums, adding a layer of Pon to the bottom quarter or so of the pot, and the rest on top being your usual potting mix.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment