276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alex Ferguson: My Autobiography: The autobiography of the legendary Manchester United manager

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So finally managed to read the book on Leading by Sir Alex Ferguson who lead Manchester United to become one of the most successful clubs in the history of the game. Red hardback(gilt lettering to the spine,small nick on the edge of the spine) in fine condition, with Dj(a couple of small nicks,scratches and crease on the edges of the Dj cover) in near fine condition. A Serving of Crime with a Difference - You May Just Discover Something Unique, Different, or Unusual in These 20 Crime Novels. Covering his tough Govan upbringing through to his playing days and onto his shift into management, Managing My Life is told with a fine balance of biting controversy and human sensitivity.

If a final settling of accounts really was required, did it have to be hurried out quite so quickly?It was directly due to his vision, energy and ability that he was able to build teams both on and off the pitch.

Patrick Barclay, then the Chief Football Correspondent of The Times, published this chronicle about the life of his fellow Scotsman and Manchester United Manager Alex Ferguson in 2010. Sir Alex who stepped down at the end of last season, continues on from his previous autobiography Managing My Life: The Autobiography. Að sumu leyti var hún betri en ævisagan frá 2013 þar sem hún fer dýpra ofan í ýmislegt í mikilli einlægni en svo eru langir tæknilegir kaflar hérna um skoska boltann á áttunda og níunda áratugnum sem ég hafði kannski ekki alveg nógu mikla vitneskju um til að hafa gaman af. Covering his tough Govan upbringing through to his playing days and onto his shift into management, Managing My Life is told with the fine balance of biting controversy and human sensitivity which made it such an unprecedented success in hardback. The only time I laughed was when the narrator (who was chosen I assume because he sounds just like Sir Alex) broke into impressions of other people - something you could never imagine Ferguson doing.Rather lazily, although he admits he does not remember saying it, Ferguson repeats his famous bon mot about "knocking Liverpool off their f… perch" and places it in the late 80s, when United still languished in the Merseyside club's shadow.

His Bob Lee Swagger series took the world by storm in the 90s, and he has a new collection of novellas this month featuring Bob Lee, Earl and Charles. Sir Alex created a purposeful, but welcoming, and much envied culture at the club which has lasted the test of time. A break from my usual reading fayre, reading the first autobiography of the most successful manager of the modern football era, which was fascinating in many ways, if a little too drawn up by the last 100 pages or so. This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees.Maybe there would be some interesting childhood tales etc, turns out a football manager played alot of football in their younger years. He was the manager of the club from 1986 to 2013 and during this time, he led the football club to more than 30 international and domestic titles. The pattern of encouraging young players and nursing older injured ones will be familiar to many people, and Alex speaks most highly of Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham, the latter two coming up through youth teams. p>Read about how we’ll protect and use your data in our Privacy Notice. They finished 11th, 2nd, 11th, and 13th in the top division in England and this nearly led to Ferguson getting fired.

This book chronicles his rise from a small house alongside the Govan shipbuilding yard to the stairs of Hampden Park as a player, the pitch of Ibrox as a centre forward for his beloved Glasgow Rangers, to behind the counter at his own pub "Fergie's", to Gothenburg where a Scottish side beat the mighty Real Madrid to win the European Cup and finally to the Camp Nou, where Solskjaer won it to make Sir Alex Ferguson a club legend, and to be spoken of in the same line as Sir Matt Busby. Whilst there were interesting issues raised and good observations in the book, it's all just a bit dull and uninteresting in my opinion. I expected a detailed story of Alex Fergusons life, his troubles, and most importantly his experiences that has made him a legendary manager. Each book represents a chapter in the broader narrative, introducing new twists, turns, and perhaps the occasional talking dragon (disclaimer: dragons depend on the genre).First let me state, I am not an Man U fan but I love football and having grown up knowing only Alex Ferguson as the manager of Manchester united I was very much looking forward to this audio book. The books featured on this site are aimed primarily at readers aged 13 or above and therefore you must be 13 years or over to sign up to our newsletter.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment