276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Scud: The Whole Shebang: The Whole Shebang: Begging, Middle, and End

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: The series is extremely cynical until the very end where it actually becomes a happy and idealistic conclusion. Oswald – A previous Scud model who had his self-destruct module removed. Oswald has been known to help out Scud from time to time. He is modelled after a rabbit, and can use his ears as weapons. Schrab said Oswald was a nod to Jaxxon, the Green Bunny character in the Star Wars Comics of the eighties. In issue 21, he dies trying to break into Voodoo Ben's lair. a b c d e f g Lucas, Victor. "Scud: The Disposable Assassin". The Electric Playground. Archived from the original on March 5, 2001. In the Hey Arnold! episode "Dangerous Lumber", Helga refers to Arnold as "Scud" and later calls him "Arnold the assassin".

Synopsis: In a world where people can somehow pay for robotic assassins to eliminate their target at will and subsequently self-destruct, the title bot decides to preserve his victim and freelance at his will. Scud: TDA's main plot follows Scud's career as a freelance mercenary and assassin, working to pay off Jeff's medical bills.How We Got Here: The video game's first few levels are framed as the computer AM-2 telling Sussudio Scud's origin story, allowing Sussudio to function as an Audience Surrogate for those unfamiliar with the story. Many people have commented on some of the amateurish panels in the book's beginning, but I found myself cherishing them. Rob's tenacity and willingness to just go for something as daunting as making a comic is not only inspiring to me, but makes me feel capable, like I can try at the thing I have dreamed of for years and push forward to be brave enough to make something new. I admire him so much for that. Everything that ever comes out of Jeff's mouth. (Mouths. Both of which are located at her knees.) The end of each issue where she appears lists the movies she quoted in that issue. Suddenly Speaking: Manages to do this despite being a comic in that Drywall becomes capable of speaking English like everyone else during the last four issues, with the first time he does so being just before Oswald's death.

Schrab started making this book as a response to personal heartbreak. I bought the book around the same time I had a personal heartbreak and now the book is colored by that knowledge. Reading it now, I see a more successful and happier Rob and a more successful and happier me, and that definitely makes me tear up just thinking about it. Es ist sinnlos, auch nur zu versuchen mit Worten zu beschreiben, was euch in diesem Tour-de-Force-Ritt von Comic erwartet. Sucht einfach mal bei der Suchmaschine eurer Wahl nach Scud-Bildern, ihr werdet schon was finden...Woah! It's fun to see what young Schrab and Harmon can do as writers together. Though some of the jokes can be a little not-PC for some modern audiences, I for one find myself smiling when I think about how much the two have grown from what I hear in their podcast. Is....is it weird that I am proud of two grown men older than me? Hell, I don't care. Williamson, Colin. "Scud: The Disposable Assassin Review". Allgame. Archived from the original on November 17, 2014 . Retrieved July 22, 2022.

Big Bad: Voo-Doo Ben is the most reoccurring threat in the comic, with his experiments and rituals often interfering with whatever job Scud is on. He plays second fiddle to System and the Seraphim in the last story arc. Scud: The Disposable Assassin is a Sega Saturn video game based on the comic book series of the same name. It was released on March 20, 1997 in North America only, though it is region-free. It is unusual in that it can be played either as a run and gun game, or with a light gun. The main characters and plotline are mostly the same from the comic series, and Scud creator Rob Schrab said that he felt it did justice to his characters. [2] Rogue Drone: Scud was programmed to take down his target and self-destruct, but a glitch in his programming gave him a will to live.Scud getting a human arm that also turns out to be a werewolf arm that ends up making him speak in Elizabethan English

The basic idea is this: In the future, people can hire a Scud robot (from a vending machine, no less) as a hired hitman to kill the person/creature/alien of their choice. After the target is destroyed, the Scud self-destructs...no muss, no fuss. Unless, of course, the Scud finds out about that whole self-destruction thing before it kills its target... Rob Schrab. "Scud: What Happened?". Archived from the original on 2007-02-17 . Retrieved 2007-02-06.

Morality Dial: The Contempt Meter which measures Scud's sadism. Set it at one, get the job done. Set it at ten, never see them again. EB Industry News - Segasoft SCUD". 1997-07-14. Archived from the original on 1997-07-14 . Retrieved 2023-10-04. {{ cite web}}: CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown ( link) Spin-Off: Two of them. El Cosa Nostroid, about the mafiosi Scud meets in the beginning of the store, and Tales From the Vending Machine, charting the stories of various different Scud units. It's an indie comic in a way that many indie comics really aren't. It's genuinely a story that would never pass a mainstream editor. Partly its unwillingness of Schrab to ever really slow down and explain the incredibly elaborate scenarios, and partly the unpleasantness of some of the situations. Seeing the book again, I felt a wave some kind of memory hit, bought the book, and let it sit on my shelf to read later for years.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment