276°
Posted 20 hours ago

For Her Consideration: An Enchanting and Memorable Love Story (Out in Hollywood)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The love interest, Ari, was very flat. She had potential, but she spends the book having very little personality aside from being attracted to Nina. She's supposedly a famous actress (part of what drew me to this book), but her fame plays absolutely no role whatsoever. She's also obsessed with getting Nina to publish her screenplay, which was a very strange, forced plot point that only served to ruin her character even more. What I did like was that Nina’s issues were not assumed to be magically solved by having a girlfriend, and that she got therapy. That’s actually really refreshing; it always irks me when a girl who thought her whole life she was ugly and stupid believes the first boy who tells her otherwise. With vibrant prose, a setting that is both upscale glam and homey comfort, and a thrumming, pounding, romantic heart, For Her Consideration is pure romance magic." - Christina Lauren Waze had told me to cut through Griffith Park, past the zoo and the Autry Museum, but I knew what a mess those intersections could be. Everyone ignored that right-lane-must-turn sign, instead jamming into the center lane at the last possible second. And even though this was as predictable as another sunny day in Los Angeles, it made me furious. Some would, in fact, would say overly furious. PDF / EPUB File Name: For_Her_Consideration_-_Amy_Spalding.pdf, For_Her_Consideration_-_Amy_Spalding.epub

Perfect for fans of Casey McQuiston and Meryl Wilsner, a funny, heartwarming, and moving novel about bad breakups, found families, and embracing life. I don't know if the sex scenes were good, because there was so little chemistry between the two characters that I couldn't bring myself to read them. For Her Consideration by Amy Spalding is a charming romantic comedy with two winning heroines. I especially enjoyed the strong family bonds, including a truly delightful group of friends. My heart ached at the emotional moments and I giggled aloud at all the funny parts. I loved watching Ari and Nina learn to trust themselves and each other and follow their dreams. Cute and heartfelt, For Her Consideration is a highly recommended read.”— Erica Ridley, New York Times bestselling author of The Perks of Loving a Wallflower Well, I loved the cover and went in cold. It was on offer and I did not read the blurb. This is very different to anything I have read before and the cast is mainly made up with Lesbians with a few using pronouns like “They”.For Her Consideration” was a surprisingly good read for me and I really enjoyed it a lot. I say surprisingly only because I have never read anything by Amy Spalding before and it’s always hit or miss to read a new author. Thankfully, this was a very big hit and now I’ll definitely be on the look out for more sapphic romances from her. Lydia Jones and her younger sister Penny have had it with boy drama. Last year was marred by relationship disasters for both of them, threatening Lydia’s standing with her school’s theater tech club and Penny’s perfect GPA. Penny has, naturally, diagnosed the problem and prescribed a drastic solution: a summer off from boys.

An optimistic, empathetic choice for readers, which highlights queer women pursuing creative careers and showcases a strong emotional growth arc.” – Library JournalI felt really close to Nina in this book! It's very rare for me to feel a connection to a main character when I have almost nothing in common with them but I felt like the author wrote her in such a way that was so so well and I really enjoyed it when it was her POV. I adored her confidence as a fat woman and how she didn't really care that much on the public opinion. Again, I loved how she went after her dream and chose something to make herself happy. For Her Consideration is incredibly funny, queer, sweet, and sexy. Anyone with a toxic ex or a serious celebrity crush will be able to relate! It's about learning to trust yourself and the people in your life, and it's guaranteed to leave you smiling and wanting to hug your chosen family very hard." - Celia Laskey

I liked how Nina got her closure on many things in the book with the help of her family and friends and how she went out of her comfort zone to chase her dreams independently. For Her Consideration by Amy Spalding is a charming romantic comedy with two winning heroines. I especially enjoyed the strong family bonds, including a truly delightful group of friends. My heart ached at the emotional moments and I giggled aloud at all the funny parts. I loved watching Ari and Nina learn to trust themselves and each other and follow their dreams. Cute and heartfelt, For Her Consideration is a highly recommended read.” I loved Ari, she was confident, spontaneous and fun to be around. She also deserved better. Because Nina on the other hand… I loved how joyful, how thoughtful, and how real For Her Consideration was.” —New York Times bestselling author Jasmine Guillory

eBook Details

The other thing that bothered is me the amount of drinking-and-driving on display. This is LA and, while Lyft rides are prominent in the novel, there's a lot of driving that the characters have to do, especially given where Nina lives (on the upper edges of the county). None of it felt responsible. Sure, Spalding tries to explain it away--a walk to sober up before driving, e.g., but I call bullish!t. It just felt a little irresponsible to me and I wasn't into it. Nina works from home and it suits her especially in her current mindset, this has gone on for 3 years.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment