276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor 27GL63T-B, 27 inch, 1080p, 144Hz, 1ms MBR, IPS Display, HDR 10, AMD FreeSync, Nvidia G-Sync, Energy Saving, DisplayPort, HDMI, Anti Glare, Adjustable Stand

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This monitor features G-Sync and AMD’s FreeSync premium variable refresh rate as well, ridding users of any annoying screen artifacts like screen-tear. An anti-glare coating has been used for this monitor as well, providing good daylight viewing conditions. A 16:9 aspect ratio also completes this monitor’s design. DELL’s impressive Alienware ultrawide monitor looks absolutely fantastic, announced at CES 2022 and one of the first gaming monitors to feature QD-OLED panel technology. If you’re playing a fast-paced FPS game on a monitor that has a high response time, you will experience screen ghosting or motion blurring. That’s when the image has changed faster than the pixel can. We were pretty impressed when we used this thing for gaming, delivering a smooth visual experience thanks to the fast 144Hz refresh rate and low 1ms response time. We didn’t experience any visual artifacts like screen tear and motion blur as the monitor came with pretty effective FreeSync support (G-Sync compatible). We also found the color recreation to be similiar to that of the Swift – we can thank the IPS panel for that. All is not, however, entirely picture perfect with the LG UltraGear 27GN950. For starters, there’s no avoiding the fact that IPS panels, even really good ones like this, still suffer from a little of that characteristic glow. It’s not an issue most of the time, but it’s definitely visible at the screen extremities when you’re deep underground in darker scenes of games like Metro Exodus.

That said, with a ton of premium features, I’m surprised this monitor isn’t more expensive. It offers a stunning 27inch VA panel equipped with a crisp 1440p QHD resolution. With high-dynamic-range ( HDR) support, a wide color gamut, and some great gaming specs, this thing pretty much does it all. While the color recreation is good, it’s nothing to write home about. More importantly, however, is the gaming-tailored specifications that pair together for a smooth, immersive gaming experience. For instance, you may want to connect your gaming PC to it via Displayport, which you’ll more often than not find with practically every monitor. But if you’re planning on connecting multiple devices to your display, you’ll want multiple ports. Finding a display with multiple HDMI ports, especially HDMI 2.1 if you’re playing on console, is important if you don’t want to keep messing around with your cables when switching between devices. The average PC gamer might want to consider a 165Hz monitor over a 144Hz one, at least at 1440p. The difference isn’t particularly noticeable but you’ll have much more choice, because many manufacturers are opting for 165Hz these days.

I Swapped the CEO's Assistant For a Day!

Not only does the 240Hz refresh rate put the Odyssey Neo G8 on a higher plane than its counterparts, but Samsung has infused the monitor with a 32-inch 1000R VA panel and Mini-LED lighting with 1,196 dimming zones. As a result, we measured contrast at 25,000:1 versus the 3,000:1 typical of VA panels. The superlatives didn’t end there; we were floored by the accuracy of the monitor fresh from the factory and image quality in both SDR and HDR modes were superb. LG has equipped the 48GQ900-B with a 120Hz refresh rateand HDMI 2.1 support, allowing the display to take full advantage of next-gen console performance. Both the Xbox Series X and PS5will be able to run 4K gameplay @ 120Hz on this monitor. VRR technology is on offer here as well, great news considering Sony’s latest announcement regarding PlayStation 5 and VRR. It even has AMD FreeSync built in and is G-Sync compatible for use with your gaming PC as well. Why? Because there are hundreds of 144Hz monitors to choose from and the difference in price can be exponential – as you’ll see shortly.

Less Screen Tearing: Screen tearing is caused by a difference in refresh rate and frame rate. Your PCs graphics card dictates the frame rate. When this exceeds the monitor's refresh rate, screen tearing can occur. This is when half frames appear on the same screen momentarily. Even though they last less than a second, it is a huge distraction, especially for gamers.Looks aside, the LG 27GR95QE-B really impresses when it comes to performance. Alongside the features and benefits that come with OLED panel technology, this monitor also offers a 240Hz refresh rate as well. When paired with the 0.3ms response time of the OLED display, the LG 27GR95QE-B really does offer one of the best gaming experiences out there. The panel is excellent. It’s remarkably colour-accurate and produces a wide gamut for vivid colours both in and out of HDR. Speaking of which: this monitor has an HDR 600 certification with 16-zone edge-lit local dimming, which means you can expect a slightly higher standard of HDR performance from the 279M1RV than most gaming monitors. This is a vibrant monitor capable of detailed shadows and responsive, fluid gameplay – and believe it or not, it’s usually pretty decent value, too (although the price has shot up recently for reasons unknown). Ultrawide monitors come in all manner of resolutions but often refresh at 144Hz, so it’s worth keeping them in mind if you value screen real estate. These are typically more expensive and demanding on your hardware than their 16:9 equivalents.

Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144) For gamers, we have solid gaming PC range that’ll take your experience to the next level. These PCs are built with top-notch motherboards, processors and graphic cards. Plus, they've got those cool LED lights and sleek edges. To get the most out of your gaming sessions, complement it with a good mouse. Whether it's for gaming or daily tasks, we have a mouse for everyone. Earlier this year I've built a new PC and some months later, I've decided to finally bite the bullet and buy a 1440p/165Hz monitor to replace my trusty 10 year old 1080p 60 Hz, TN panel.It also covers the more mundane stuff, with a versatile stand and two USB-A ports for peripherals. But we all know that’s not why you’re eyeing up this beast of a display.

Again, I haven't received my new laptop yet so I can't speak to the AMD FreeSync capabilities on this monitor or how the response time feels when PC gaming. This is another sensationally vibrant monitor that produces 94% of the DCI-P3 colour gamut with great accuracy. It’s responsive and bright, with the hallmarks of an IPS panel visible in its good viewing angles (made even better by the curvature) and great motion handling. Sure, the contrast could be better, but when there’s so much else going for this monitor it’s hard to complain too much – especially as there’s no HDR certification here. I've been a PC gamer for nearly 20 years, but I've never been too much into accessories and peripherals; i don't play many competitive games neither do I care much about precision, so a gaming mouse/keyboard always seemed unnecessary.Me parece una pantalla bastante decente para las personas que no son exigentes y que pasan mas tiempo viendo paginas en internet, trabajando en ofimatica o personas que tienen problema para leer en pantallas pequeñas. Si es para jugar lo recomiendo para quien le gusta hacerlo esporadicamente, que no sea exigente con la imagen y los colores en los juegos. Si tienes un PS5 o Xbox mejor conectalo a la "TV" grande de tu casa porque la calidad es parecida a una Smart TV.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment