276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tilly and the Time Machine

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When Tilly enters the time machine, she meets lots of historical characters such as, Admiral Nelson, Hans (the famous football payer) in 1966 and Queen Victoria.

Teaching Resources Made Easy Literacy Shed Plus - Teaching Resources Made Easy

Not a bit," said the Time Traveller, and, to the Psychologist: "You think. You can explain that. It's presentation below the threshold, you know, diluted presentation."Children’s publishing is awash with books written by celebrities. In the space of a few weeks this spring, Cara Delevingne, Dermot O’Leary, Alesha Dixon and George Galloway announced debut kids’ books. Meanwhile non-multi-tasking, professional authors complain about celebs cannibalising their marketing budgets and swallowing huge advances. Upon that machine," said the Time Traveller, holding the lamp aloft, "I intend to explore time. Is that plain? I was never more serious in my life." This book was easy to read and full of interesting history. An amusing book that made me laugh out loud, a great read! Tilly's dad is an inventor and slightly bonkers, Tilly is seven and reminded me of Kevin from The Home Alone movies, shes full of impossible schemes and has absolutely no fear. Tilly's mother passed away when she was six and this is covered with sincerity, in a poignant and thoughtful way. Tilly's dad gets lost in time testing his latest invention, Tilly must be brave and rescue him. This is an utterly charming story that young readers will absolutely adore. Following him through time, Tilly ends up at key moments in world history (Trafalgar, the 1966 World Cup final) and an important moment of her own personal family history...

Tilly and the Time Machine - OnFife Tilly and the Time Machine - OnFife

Eventually the time machine adventures begin. She is following in her dad's footsteps to help him. From battles at sea to the Queen of England. I loved reading Tilly's adventures. Tilly and the Time Machine Chapter Eight Year 3 and Year 4 Whole Class Guided Reading Comprehension I loved the book. I loved how the author described the different places she went to. The characters that were in the book were described very well especially Tilly's mum and Tilly herself. I think that the history was realistic. The time machine of course isn't real, but if someone younger was reading it then it would be appropriate and would expand their imagination. This made me want to find more about the author and the history in the book. I loved how Tilly was on a mission as well as it being this being about history. This is a clever technique for learning history while reading a book. So well done to the author.

Tilly and the Time Machine Chapter Twelve Year 3 and Year 4 Whole Class Guided Reading Comprehension

Tilly and the Time Machine - Historical Association Tilly and the Time Machine - Historical Association

What would you choose for tea with Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth 11, or for your own birthday party? Write a menu. Make a trivia gameStart by writing down some facts you know then try to find a few more try them out on your friends or family. Adrian Edmondson has invented a smile-happy little children’s book for the ‘average height’ seven-and-a-half year-old. Learning about history was fun in this book - Tilly went on lots of using her Dad's time machine. I liked it when Tilly was in the Victorian era and met the Queen! I felt sad that Tilly's Mum had died and thought she managed on her own really well. I would recommend this book to my friends Penguin presents the audiobook edition of Tilly and the Time Machine written and read by Adrian Edmondson.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment