276°
Posted 20 hours ago

God Schooling: How God Intended Children to Learn

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In America, the demographic circumstances of a child’s birth substantially shape academic success. Sociologists have spent decades studying how factors beyond students’ control – including the race, wealth and ZIP code of their parents – affect their educational opportunities and achievement. But one often overlooked demographic factor is religion. The U.S. is the most devout wealthy Western democracy. Does a religious upbringing influence teens’ academic outcomes?

Colossians 1:28 “We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ.”Over the past 30 years, sociologists and economists have conducted several studies that consistently show a positive relationship between religiosity and academic success. These studies show that more religious students earn better grades and complete more schooling than less religious peers. But researchers debate what these findings really mean, and whether the seeming effect of religiosity on students’ performance is really about religion, or a result of other underlying factors. Parents are very much involved and looking at how the child is using their time and making sure that the skills development happens. This was our ‘summer of books’ so I was delighted to add God Schooling: How God Intended Children to Learn by Julie Polanco to my list when the review opportunity arose. As I share my thoughts on this book, it is important to note that I do not believe that education is one size fits all. There are many educational philosophies and different styles work for different families and sometimes even different children with-in those families. That’s one of the beautiful things about homeschooling!

Traits like cooperation can play an important role in students’ success. Will & Deni McIntyre/Corbis Documentary via Getty Images Post-graduation plans A third, critically important mechanism of schooling as a white good is the ability to control mobility, a process I have called hobbling. Footnote 94Julie makes valid points that we all need to consider as moms and teachers. My favorite question she asks us to prayerfully ponder is “What is God’s will for this family?” instead of, “What curriculum should we be using”? Daniel 1:5 “The king appointed for them a daily ration from the king’s choice food and from the wine which he drank, and appointed that they should be educated three years, at the end of which they were to enter the king’s personal service.” Proverbs 18:15 “The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.”

She also encourages reading great literature while discussing the plot, conflict as well as any emotions the characters faced. Other advice includes getting a newspaper subscription and have the kids read it. Teach the kids how to use the library and go on field trips. Let the kids use their imaginations and encourage them to build things, solve problems and learn life skills. Julie has always had an affinity for nature and plants. She has learned that many plants have medical qualities, and some are derived into essential oils. After battling an illness in her twenties Julie turned to natural remedies to return to wellness. (More on the audio.)Based on a 2019 Pew survey and other studies, I estimate that about one-quarter of American teenagers are intensely religious. This number also accounts for people’s tendency to say they attend religious services more than they actually do. The abider advantage

Schooling in the United States is a nearly ideal example of a white good. Historically, the maintenance of white advantage has been a primary political goal of schooling, and until the 1970s, an overt one. Footnote 45 This was not accidental. Common schools developed in the nineteenth century were not for a public that happened to be white. White Americans designed common schools during a time when the United States was a diverse society that allocated different civic statuses to different people depending on the myth of race. When white-controlled governments regulated the education of other groups, they did so with the understanding that these regulations would reinforce the system that white people built for themselves. As a homeschool mom, I have read several books over the years pertaining to homeschooling. I did not expect to glean such wisdom in God Schooling: How God Intended Children to Learn written by Julie Polanco. This God Schooling review will reveal a different approach to learning and one very similar to my beliefs! Corinthians 1:30 “It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God – that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption.” ( Jesus Bible verses)Proverbs 1:7 “Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” Colossians 3:17 “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” The argument was scandalously naive in its bipolar account of private individuals and public society. “I assume no mystical collective mind that enjoys collective consumption goods,” Samuelson wrote. “Instead I assume each individual has a set of ordinal preferences with respect to his consumption of all goods (collective as well as private).” Footnote 11 Of course, whiteness was, and is, just such a “collective mind,” influenced by the collective utility of white goods to any white person. Whiteness ran through local, state, and federal law, social custom, residential and employment patterns, so-called public and so-called private activity alike at the very time that Samuelson wrote those words. Footnote 12 Resistance to whiteness and the collective identities formed by minoritized people were also neither public nor private. The mysticism was in Samuelson's theory.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment