276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NO EXIT a gripping thriller full of heart-stopping twists

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The uneasy suspense builds page after page until all the characters have gone off the deep end and completely off course. It's quite a motley crew to pass the time with, especially when there's no real entertainment save endless card games. If the author is writing an investigative type or a crime thriller, he should be careful not to include the luck factor and divine interventions favoring the protagonist (investigative officer), more than once. Ripe pickings for the big screen, I’d be surprised if a production company hasn't snatched this up already. If you're a Librarian and want to process requests, please refer to our Librarian Manual to ensure edits are performed in line with Goodreads policies.

Some of these pieces have never been seen; others have been read by millions of people around the world. Desperate to get some information about her mother, Darby tries in vein to get a phone signal, maybe if she was a little higher, or if she was further out, so she goes for a little walk to see if she can get anything, her phone is almost out of juice, and she is starting to panic as her mother has an operation scheduled. So often I read books in the genre that seem to solely revolve around squeezing in as many ‘WTF’ twists as possible regardless of the effects they have on the narrative. I want to start by saying I don't think I've ever disliked a character in a book more than Ashley Garver.That’s when she makes a horrifying discovery: through the window of one of the strangers’ vans, she spots a little girl, bound and gagged inside a dog crate. If anything, I'm sad to hear the progress on the film deal for this one seems to have stalled, because a story like this is absolutely ideal for the screen! Despite the perfect plot the author totally lost the opportunity in writing a convincing gripping thriller. If you haven’t read the book, No Exit kicks off with pint-sized, reformed party girl Darby Thorne driving through a treacherous blizzard in the remote mountain roads of Colorado on her way home from art school to see her dying mother. It’s a race to outsmart the dirtbag responsible while keeping the little girl safe and surviving until sun up—a feat that at times feels hopeless.

Darby's car in ill suited for the long drive, a blizzard is brewing, she has forgotten her phone charger, and the roads become impassable. The culprit is revealed very early on the novel and it mostly becomes a story about Darby trying to stay alive through the night. Only a predictable twist and moments when Jay’s maturity feels beyond her years mar this otherwise satisfying page-turner. The prowess of how each twist and element of the story unfolds is half the fun of reading this, so I recommend going in as blind as you can in terms of plotting beyond the summary above.Darby sets out from Denver, in hopes of making it to Utah to see her estranged mother before she heads into surgery. She can't get a cell phone signal to see how her mother is or let anyone know she's delayed, and she left her phone charger in her dorm room. This bold volume outlines the laws of power in their unvarnished essence, synthesizing the philosophies of Machiavelli, Sun Tzu, Carl von Clausewitz, and other infamous strategists.

Jay, the little girl trapped in the van, escapes and reveals herself to Ed and Sandi all on her own before fainting. I felt like a failure professionally—and with Scarlet having problems at school, as a parent as well. Trapped in an increasingly dangerous situation, with a child’s life and her own on the line, Darby must find a way to break the girl out of the van and escape. When Darby sees this little girl locked in a cage in a van in the middle of a snow storm she knows she has no choice but to act.

surprising and complicated plot as its smart and gutsy protagonist fights to outwit a psychopath, rescue a girl, and make it home alive.

Now Darby has to figure out how to free the girl, keep her safe and get them both through the night. NO EXIT brings a fresh perspective to a genre rife with domestic noir, unreliable narrators, and off-the-wall twists delivered in the name of trickery. The big baddie was mediocrely vicious, but it still unnerved me, because you don’t need to be all that clever to be a bad guy capable of horrific violence.There is no cell phone reception, no telephone, no way out because of the snow, and she doesn’t know which one of the other travelers is the kidnapper. On June 29, 2021, Danny Ramirez, Dennis Haysbert, Havana Rose Liu, David Rysdahl, Dale Dickey, and Mila Harris were confirmed to star and it was announced that production had wrapped in New Zealand. I’ve had this ARC sitting on my shelf for like 86 months now and I just kept passing it over for other reads for some reason. Let's share our Action packed gripping, exciting and tense thrillers, mysteries, that's what we like reading. A]n intense, brutal, no-holds-barred thriller dripping with adrenaline; a heart-pounding story of courage and sacrifice featuring a heroine unlike any you've ever seen.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment