276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cogheart Adventures Series (Vol 1-4) 4 Books Collection Set by Peter Bunzl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Angelique has been fitted with mechanical wings so she can fly, while Luca the Lobster Boy has been I would probably take it on a voyage across the Atlantic. On one of the routes that real historical airships used to take: from Europe to America.

A: It's an action adventure with heart. You've got airships and battles and dangers, alongside characters who learn who they really area as the adventure develops.A: Again, it is a subject that really interest me. The pigeon-holing of people according to their sex, race, sexuality, gender, temperament, character and abilities. The way society will try and iron out any quirks uniqueness in you and flatten you down to one thing - what they think you should be so you fit in. And that is no good because, the truth is, the things that make you an individual - the things that make you you - are the things that make you special. A: That would be Mould and Roach, the henchmen. I was reading a lot of Neil Gaiman who has fabulous villains and I saw these two in my head and one of them had these awful silver mirror eyes - perfect! Cogheart Adventures is a literary series by Londoner Peter Bunzl (1975—). A former TV producer who has had freelance animator stints, Bunzl attended Alleyn’s School for his basic education. He pursued filmmaking and animation in various institutions, including the University of Surrey; and is an alumnus of National Film and Television School, wherein he has a master’s degree in animation.

Q: There is a mystery at the heart of the novel, the box that Lily discovers and which the villains want. Why do you make this the driver of the story? A: I love revisiting the world, yes, because it means I can find out more about it and the characters. As long as there are new places to take them and new mysteries to solve it will always be interesting. A: Mrs Rust, the mechanical cook and housekeeper, is my favourite mechanical in the story. I love writing her little sayings like: 'cogs and chronometers!' and I think she would be great to have at home to look after you and to cook tea and give good advice. In May 2018, Bunzl was the Awesome Book Award winner for his book Cogheart that had won the early 2017 Dudley Teen Book Award too. Both Branford Boase Award and SCBWI Crystal Award have also shortlisted Cogheart whose other nominations include the 2017 editions of the Carnegie Medal, Waterstones Book Prize, and Kate Greenaway Award.Q: This is your third Cogheart book, do you enjoy revisiting the world? How do you go about thinking of new adventures for your lead characters, Lily, Robert and Malkin, or did you have these planned out when you began the Cogheart series? A: We went to France to visit Les Machines de L'ile in Nantes, France, to see some modern automatons; you might remember the Great Elephant automaton that they brought to London a few years ago? You can see that moving about in the park, it is enormous, but they also have mechanical insects and a tree you can climb inside. A: Probably that specific ability: to be able to fly. I think it's something everyone dreams of as a kid. It's why superheroes are so popular. So I would be like Angelique in the story and have mechanical wings, or else I'd be like Deedee and have superhuman legs that would help me balance and wire-walk up in the giddy heights of the circus tent.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment