276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Train to Impossible Places (Train to Impossible Places #1) (Train to Impossible Places Adventures)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

i loved that we had a science interest girl as a main character that tried to figure out what was going on with her understanding of physics. The activities included focus in particular on letter writing. They use a series of ‘Top Tips’ from Postmaster and resident letter-writing expert, Wilmot Grunt, to encourage readers to interrogate the components of a successful letter. The activities also include reading comprehension questions to support and elevate understanding of the text and to improve reading inference, retrieval and predictive skills, as well as providing opportunities for your group to immerse themselves in P. G. Bell’s magical world, where impossible becomes possible… P.G. Bell is a native of south Wales, where he was raised on a diet of Greek mythology, ghost stories, and Doctor Who. He's had all sorts of jobs over the years, from lifeguard to roller coaster operator, but has always wanted to write stories. He lives in Wales with his wife Anna, and their two children. The Strangeworlds Travel Agency meets Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow with a splash of Polar Express

Born on Eventide, Morrigan Crow is a 'cursed child', blamed for every misfortune and destined to die on her eleventh birthday. But just before midnight strikes, the mysterious Jupiter North appears, offering Morrigan another choice: journey with him to Nevermore. In this magical world, she moves into Jupiter's awesome, ever-changing hotel and enters the tria… Wonderfully inventive: Think a Middle Grade Hitchhikers Guide rolled up with more than a splash of Narnia. Throw some pretty sophisticated political...It's not everyday a train passes through the downstairs of your house with little creatures working as all different kind of things. Suzy is a normal, hardworking school girl who realizes that something isn't right, she hears something downstairs in the middle of the night and finds something unusual. This book is very imaginative and there are so many unexpected surprises. Join Suzy aboard the train that will take her on so many magical adventures, where the journey will never, ever take you where you expect it to... Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives.

This book was so much fun to read. Extremely fast paced and full of adventure with places that are odd and fun. I love the characters so much. The bear was funny, the conductor was great and the postal worker I fell in love with and poor Fletch. You'll have to read to find out about Fletch and what happens to him. Even though it was fun to read, I have to admit that there were some scenes that made me sad. P.G. Bell is out there reminding me that instant messaging is not always a good thing; people who work in Postal Delivery would probably lose their job and income. If I look at children’s eyes, I think P.G Bell was trying to tell his younger audiences that there were times where we relied on letters to send a word to someone. And that’s a good thing! I listened to the audiobook and I think I will continue listening to them (yes I will be continuing with the series).

ISBN

One star prize winner will scoop a signed copy of the book, and a LEGO Creator train set! Five runners up will also receive a signed copy of the book. When Wilmot (a lone troll postie) discovers Suzy aboard the Postal express, he inducts her as member of the postal service. Suzy's first delivery is to the Lady Crepuscula (a formidable woman whose reputation proceeds her) doesn't quite go to plan and Suzy ends up not only carrying great responsibility but a huge secret; the fate of the impossible place rests on Suzy's shoulders. As Suzy tries to fulfil her new responsibilities as a postie, making deliveries all over the union, she also finds herself wrestling with her conscious to do the right thing. Author Guy Bass introduces SCRAP, about one robot who tried to protect the humans on his planet against an army of robots. Now the humans need his... An exciting, imaginative, wild ride of a story that never lets up for a moment. The Impossible Places are wonderful new worlds and I loved everything about this debut - the characters, the ideas and the twists in the tale. Bravo! (8+)

I finished this yesterday. It was the the bonus book for the Adventures Through Wonderland readathon. I loved it! It was such a fun adventure to go on w/Suzy & everyone! Wilmot had my whole heart!! Oh my goodness, he was such a great character. I loved him the most. All the trolls were so amazing, & what all they could do. They had so much heart! I loved Trollville!! My favorite place by far! I adored Ursel, Stonker, & Fletch. Every character was just so amazing & well written-even the villains. Of course Suzy was such a great main character! Love strong female characters! There was a twist that I loved. Lady Crepuscula was so creepy! Also-loved all the names in the book! This just gave me all the warm cozy feels, & just happiness. Makes you always remember to believe in the impossible, & how important it is not to just depend on facts, etc. you have to have a little bit of imagination, faith, & magic.💜I highly recommend this! Loving the 2nd book so far as well!💜💜 Sure signs that the creative wells are running dry at last, the Captain’s ninth, overstuffed outing both recycles a villain (see Book 4) and offers trendy anti-bullying wish fulfillment. As a class novel or guided reading book, I feel this text has a lot of breadth for discussion and linked cross-curricular work. I know my pupils are immersed in the world of the Impossible Place and are already talking about creating their own ideas and adding to the places their postal express could visit next.

P. G. Bell Press Reviews

This is not a book for just any reader. I feel like, if I would bring this book to a Primary School, I would mention that it's for kids that love reading harder and bigger books. I'd probably give this 3 and a half stars if Goodreads would let me...but I have to settle for a 3 cuz it won't. Also, if I hadn't already read Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow and Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow this year, I probably would have enjoyed this one a bit more. I feel like Nevermoor & Wundersmith spoiled me because I loved them so much....like Harry Potter levels of love...and that's pretty tough competition for a book like The Train to Impossible Places. Night Mayor Franklefink has vanished from the Transylvanian Express - and it's up to you to solve the case! Part of the Solve Your Own Mystery seri... i think that this book would have been enough as an adventure story with alle the fun places the train can travel too and have that be the book. Author Luke Palmer introduces his new book, Play (Firefly Press) about four boys growing up together, the challenges, the friendships, and what hap...

Before I say anything else, I have to just say I love The Train to Impossible Places, as do my year 3/4 class. This is a fantastically written fantasy, adventure story. But when this impossible train comes roaring through Suzy’s living room, her world turns upside down. After sneaking on board, Suzy suddenly finds herself Deputy Post Master aboard the train, and faced with her first delivery―to the evil Lady Crepuscula.

LoveReading4Kids Says

Robot Roz undertakes an unusual ocean journey to save her adopted island home in this third series entry.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment