276°
Posted 20 hours ago

New Balance Women's 1500v6 Running Shoe

£35.175£70.35Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From the outside, it’s virtually unrecognizable from the past versions. At its core, you get the same speed-friendly ride experience and a non-intrusive medial post. THE NEW BALANCE 1500V6 vs. V5 At the same time, this is nothing like the adidas adios or Reebok Floatride Run Fast, so rein your expectations. Besides, if you have run in the 1500 before, then the V6 is more of the same. No surprises here. The sole of the shoe is intriguing. It has small lugs that have some bite, but you don’t feel them as individual components when running. I have had no issue with slipping on wet pavement or asphalt.

Once again, New Balance claims this shoe can go up to a marathon. I would not go past a half marathon in these. They have ample support, but I could feel my body break down in my longer double digit runs. I was a little disappointed with the blisters I got from the snugger fit of the toe box and it’s what stopped me from giving this shoe a perfect rating. With a new knit upper and a midsole that tones down the medial post, the completely redesigned 1500V6 is a sign of the times. Conversely, a half size larger is appreciated during longer runs; (half-marathon types) the extra space will result in a more comfortable fit experience when running for an hour or longer.They looked great taking them out of the box for the first time. In my hands, the shoe felt unbelievably light, with the upper feeling like almost nothing. The right equipment, such as the right running clothing, is the basis for good performance, and these shoes are certainly part of quality basic equipment. The design is classic as well as the lacing but, it is the sole and the grip on the ground that offers to make the difference compared to other models. New Balance 680v6: Best Price UK This category is home to road racers with a medial post or its equivalent. A ‘mild support racer’ describes this segment – because speed shoes with a stability feature are uncommon.

My first big test of these shoes was racing the ever-important work 5K. I was able to get into a groove right away and open up for office bragging rights. The plastic midfoot shank is also gone. Outsole rubber fills the spot where the shank used to be. As a sum of parts, the 1500V6 is more business-like and feels faster than the V5 due to the increased coverage. The weight goes up by 0.3-ounces due to these tweaks. For example, you could look at the New Balance Fresh Foam Vongo V4 or Saucony Guide 13 as your daily trainer. For long-distance runs and marathons, ultra-cushy models such as the New Balance 1080V10 and the Saucony Triumph 17 add value with their cushioned and responsive midsoles. IS THE NEW BALANCE 1500V6 DURABLE?The upper follows the 890 template and uses knit mesh with nearly no overlays. Though the forefoot fit has just the right proportions, some runners might not prefer the new heel design. The rear upper substitutes the padded heel of the V5 with a knit band and suede lining. The last two digits of the number used to indicate the level of cushioning: a “60” being a stability shoe while a “80” a neutral shoe. This is the actual list: Apparently, my feet splay greatly when running and require some space in the toe-box. I got these as a wide option, and they give just that right amount of snug around the midfoot, but my toes are wild and free!

My local running store says my feet are narrow-based on their measuring. Yet, I feel best in a 2E. Wides are hard to come by, but great news—the 1500’s have a 2E option! White typically does not stay clean, but I have had no issues with these staining or showing their age prematurely. Recent runs have put them through some water and even a tad of mud, so the sparkle is starting to dwindle. Build If you’re going to use the 1500V6 mostly for 5K to 10K runs, then buying true-to-size is the way to do it. Forefoot flexibility is smoother. The previous generations of the 1500 had a forefoot outsole with deep flex grooves. As a result, flexibility was excellent yet confined to the grooves.The insole isn’t the only reason why the V6 is slightly firmer than the 2019 model. The new outsole leaves out most of the flex grooves – this includes the ones on the outer heel and forefoot. The transition groove under the heel is narrower and lower to the ground than the V5. With the heel flex grooves mostly gone, the rearfoot landings feel stiffer. The narrower groove decreases the softness to a certain extent, because it doesn’t splay as well as the V5 when weight-loaded. There are fewer flex grooves in the front and rear. In its place is a larger outsole with tiny perforations that expose the foam under the forefoot. The weight is up by 0.3-ounces or 8 grams due to the greater coverage of outsole rubber. Even with the sweeping updates, the 6 mm drop midsole has a ride that you’ve come to expect from this series. The firm Revlite foam has a consistent underfoot feel that helps when you’re running faster than 7 min/mile or 5 min/km. One doesn’t have to expend energy trying to work through the softness – for the 1500 has very little of it. This comes in as a stability shoe giving that function though the ride does not have an over-pronounced structure. Design

The asymmetrical NB, color combination and the “New Balance Racing” logo with the bird on the insole had me hankering to take these out ASAP. I have landed only a handful of shoes that have treated me as well as these. This is the second pair of this series after retiring the previous version. These are my go-to shoes for the half-marathon without question. As we said at the start of this review, there aren’t many competitors in the stability racer class.The heel is firm but has the right amount of cushion all around as does the rounding of the ankle. The upper is mostly woven with some flex but also some rigidity. If you were dreading a drastic change in the 1500V6’s ride quality, you’ll be relieved to hear that there is no cause to worry. NB calls this a racer, and it performs no doubt. The build, though light, is strong enough to find that happy place for you if “racing flats” are just too minimal for you. I have to say it is just right!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment