276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Christmas Workshop Folding Willow Christmas Tree Skirts/Folds Flat for Optimum Storage / 60cm Bottom Diameter / 50cm Top Diameter / 27cm High / 2 Colours (Brown Willow)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To make a scalloped edge skirt, trace the bottom half of a round item (like a ribbon spool) all the way around the edge of the skirt once you cut your large circle. This year, I thought I’d jump on the tree skirt train and start with three easy no-sew options for my first year. Cut the ribbon into six pieces that measure 10″ long. Stitch the ribbon to both sides of the line that you cut to the right side of the main outer fabric 6″ apart. Add the ribbon Step 5: Add the Lining You may see a tree skirt described as a basket, blanket, tree ring or collar, but they all do the same job. A tree skirt is great for covering up the unattractive 'legs', trunk or stand of a tree, plus any unsightly lighting wires, giving your festive decorating theme a cohesive, uncluttered look. It will also protect your floors and carpets from any fallen pine needles too, if you prefer a real tree. Here’s a detailed breakdown of how much fabric you’ll need to make this Christmas tree quilt pattern.

After cutting the white scallops, I used fabric glue (although the hot glue gun would work, too) to secure the snow tips onto the grey. Step 3: Leave the fabric folded and cut the fold open on just one of the sides. This opening will allow you to place your skirt over the base of the tree.

Discover more Christmas sewing projects with Gathered

I love Christmas and I love sewing for Christmas. With this in mind I decided stitch up my own reversible Christmas tree skirt. No pattern is necessary for this project. It is all in how you fold the fabric that makes this project simple and easy. You don’t need to make this reversible if you don’t want to but I thought it would be a nice touch. I added some trim to make my fabric stand out a bit more along with some ribbon for ties. You really don’t need the ties but I thought they were cute.

Stitch the pom pom trim to the right side of the main outer fabric facing toward the inside of the skirt. Add the pom pom trim Step 4: Add the Ribbon Your fabric will come folded wrong sides together. Unfold it and fold it half the other way. This is what worked best for me because I used 44″ fabric. Step 2: Measure and Cut your FabricI used the folding method (in step 1) to mark my cutting path, but I didn’t cut all the layers at once like I did with the felt. If you wish to make your tree skirt smaller or larger, simply omit or add one more ‘round’ of sixteen (16) 2½in strips and cornerstones. When deciding on the size of your Christmas tree skirt, you should find one that's at least 15cm bigger than the full width of your tree. The style of Christmas tree skirt will depend on the kind of aesthetic you want to achieve with your Christmas decorations. You can browse our Christmas decorating ideas on our blog. For the pom pom skirt, all you have to do is follow the basic directions and then hot glue pom pom trim around the edge of the skirt. I love jumbo pom poms, so I bought the biggest trim I could find at the local craft store.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment