276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Osprey Tempest 30 Women's Hiking Pack

£63.65£127.30Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A sternum strap (complete with emergency whistle) can be adjusted up and down with a bit of effort but it doesn’t slip and this makes the strap much more useable for women who can sometimes find the boob-squashing position of fixed straps uncomfortable. Osprey is dedicated to creating innovative, high-performance, sustainable gear that reflects the brand’s love of adventure, devotion to the outdoors and steadfast resolve to leave the world better than they found it. They'll help keep the bag from shifting around on your back, but they don't transfer any of the load off of your shoulders. I’ve used it many times from multi-day hikes to short camping trips and 6 month long backpacking stints in Asia.

Its oversized hip belt has space for some of the largest pockets we've seen on a daypack hip belt — or even on most full-sized backpacks. Your torso length can be found by measuring from your C7 vertebra (the bony protrusion at the back of your neck when looking down) to the height of your iliac crest (top of your hip bones, where you put your hands on your hips).Remember that your hips carry most of the weight of the pack, so this should be firm but comfortable. These packs also feature reinforced seams, thick adjustable straps, heavy-duty plastic pieces, and minimal or thickly reinforced mesh. Before you start fitting the pack, loosen off all the straps as this will make it easier to get the correct tension later. I learned this the hard way last time I was there by having to kind of drag a tantrumming toddler across half a mile of polished floor to get to the next gate.

So not only can you easily refill your reservoir on the move, you can reduce the chance of a lovely pack shaped sweat panel on your back when you take it off. Changing between these two modes is fiddly and as I tend to use the pockets for small items I keep the compression on the outside and it works fine. The shoulder harness features a sternum strap mounted whistle and you also get the unique “Stow-on-the-go” trekking pole attachment system. Two ice-axe loops with elastic ties two thirds of the way up the sack provide adequate storage for both axes or trekking poles. Handy pockets on the waist belt, mean that you don’t need to take it off to access a bit of money, your passport or your phone, and the mesh pocket on the front is ideal for books and and an extra layer that can be easily accessed on your journey without you having to open the pack and delve through your clothing.Founded in California in 1974, Osprey packs are worn on the highest mountains to the remotest islands and everywhere in between. Drawstring tops can be easy too, but generally have a smaller opening — making it much harder to load the pack through the smaller opening and greatly increasing the likelihood that you'll have to pull things out to find anything hiding near the bottom. We expect the updated version to perform very similarly to the model we tested, and we're linking to it in our review.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment