276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Berserk Volume 6

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Guts succeeds, but is emotionally scarred when he killed the noble's young son Adonis to conceal the deed. The band, being the mercenaries that they are, are hired by various princes and lords to fight battles, perform tasks, etc. It was great seeing Rickert and Godo again, especially how they have grown and how they bring back some humanity to Guts. Griffith's rise in status and closeness to Princess Charlotte is ill-received by Midland's noblemen, with the king's brother Julius orchestrating an assassination attempt during the a fall hunt. i love Guts and i really appreciate Puck’s comedic timing— especially with this volume in particular.

Joachim gradually engages until learning that the pagans are cannibals and tries to flee, falling off a cliff. At a couple points in this volume, I figured the story had reached a plateau of depravity, and every time I was wrong. An adult fantasy/horror epic of monumental proportions, Kentaro Miura’s Berserk is now offered at its original published size in handsome deluxe hardcover editions each collecting three volumes of the acclaimed manga series.Though Guts manages to kill Mozgus's disciples, the possessed blood causes the tower to partially collapse.

But, Hell has many faces, and when what appears to be a village proves to be a den of secrets, the horror of a fairy tale perverted by pain may prove to be more than what Guts can handle. In 1988, Miura bounced back with a 48-page manga known as Berserk Prototype, as an introduction to the current Berserk fantasy world. A lot of it was, I believe, to be setting up future players and concepts with the Holy Chain Knights hunting the “Hawk of Darkness”. Only the knights' herald Serpico gives chase, before finding himself surrounded by pursuing spirits.From his days as a mercenary to his time as captain of the Band of the Hawks' Raiders, Guts' life has been defined by his ability to fight and his will to win. The Tower collapses once the ritual ran its course, killing everyone inside it before daybreak as Guts and the others find themselves surrounded by Silat and his Kushans before Zodd drives the Kushans. He's not a sociopathic antihero, he's a man that has no choice but to lie to himself to keep his emotions from crushing his spirit and getting innocent people involved with his deadly affairs.

He finds his Behelit and unintentionally activates it when the Hawks find him as a solar eclipse occurs, taking everyone present to a convergence of the physical and Astral planes. Though forged in a crucible of cruelty and violence, nothing could prepare Guts--the Black Swordsman, a warrior of legendary prowess--for a confrontation with Nosferatu Zodd, a superhuman beast who slaughters Guts' comrades as easily as a scythe cuts wheat. The people see this as a sign that the foretold messiah will soon come to save the world from darkness when really it's just Griffith leading them to believe that.

This volume delves deeper into the intricate world created by Kentaro Miura, showcasing his stunning artwork and intense storytelling. A grimdark epic with compelling protagonists, stomach-churning horror, heartbreaking drama and a lovecraftian sense of metaphysical worldbuilding that's as fascinating as it is terrifying.

Miura’s incredible character writing, exploration of trauma, guilt, hope and purpose is some of the best I’ve ever had the privilege of reading. Though there’s not as much horror in this volume as there was in some previous volumes there is still one good horror scene and lots of gore so we still get a bit of horror.

In Albion, with the surrounding refugee camp in utter disarray from the starved and over-populated masses, Mozgus begins his task in the Tower of Conviction where "sinful" beggars are tortured. He isn't writing a short story here and there for a magazine (which can have its own world of appeal depending on the author! It solidifies his bond with his unlikely companion Puck, explores the lasting effects of trauma inflicted on him by the Eclipse and by Casca's heartbreaking condition and there's a rollercoaster of action, horror and small glimpses of hope in a sea of darkness. To Guts, a man who once had no ties, and was perfectly content with it, now has so much to hold onto, to struggle for, to protect.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment