276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO 10316 Icons The Lord of the Rings: Rivendell, Large Middle-earth Valley Model, Set for Adults with 15 Minifigure Characters Incl. Frodo and Sam, Christmas Treat, Gifts for Men, Women, Him or Her

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

pieces filled with film magic ⁠– The set is an immersive project that’s bursting with details and references to The Lord of the Rings™ film trilogy that all fans will recognise I was initially afraid that this would be a very repetitive step, but it was much easier than expected, as in the instructions, you’re told to use a plate to align the tiles neatly.

LEGO® 10316 THE LORD OF THE RINGS: RIVENDELL™ (Ship from 3rd LEGO® 10316 THE LORD OF THE RINGS: RIVENDELL™ (Ship from 3rd

You’re building upwards, you’re building height, you’re building sideways, you’re playing with geometry – it has it all. This is a really special set build-wise and in so many parts, you could really tell that LEGO’s very best design talent worked on this. It felt like they were showing off at times just what incredible things are possible with LEGO. The completed model: 10316 Rivendell Both minifigures wear dark bluish grey robes, with sand green and metallic silver accents. While these designs look great, their colours should differ between them, at the very least. The dress provides some variety though and this torso is cleverly designed, so the dark green belt appears equally natural with or without the ribbons hanging underneath. I can certainly vouch for this, it was quite an experience to have a pint in the Green Dragon! Although I'm not sure the hobbits had Wifi..."This has become one of my favourite LEGO sets of all time, and if you’re a Lord of the Rings fan, or simply want a stunning display model that is sheer unadulterated joy to build, I can heartily recommend 10316 Rivendell. Remarkably, a unique accessory has been developed to represent Elendil's shattered blade and this weapon looks absolutely perfect. The distinctive hilt is instantly identifiable and the uneven break looks realistic too. Hopefully the reforged sword taken up by Aragorn, dubbed Andúril, will appear in any future The Lord of the Rings sets. Official images have demonstrated that the Council of Elrond can be displayed separately from Rivendell, presumably for anyone seeking a smaller The Lord of the Rings display. Options are always welcome and the model does look impressive alone, but I am not convinced this feature was truly necessary. Rivendell appears decidedly peculiar without its focal location, after all. Here’s a look at the instructions for 10316 Lord of the Rings Rivendell, which appear in the new stark white format. There are 3 booklets, and each booklet has these wireframe designs of the set, with the corresponding sections highlighted. Not having a fully re-forged Anduril as well as the hilt shard of Narsil (as cool as it genuinely is!) also feels like a miss in a set this expensive. Admittedly that’s more for the books than the movies at this point in the story but we can only hope that the fully restored version of this sword appears in LotR sets yet to come… and the same for Gandalf’s Glamdring.

10316 Rivendell officially revealed! | Brickset

Across those three sections you’ll find a swathe of Rivendell icons, from the Council Ring (where the Fellowship of the Ring is established) to the gazebo and bridge from where the crew set out on their journey. 10316 The Lord of the Rings: Rivendell comparisons I think much the same can also be said for some of the head prints. The original Legolas face may have been somewhat stylised but it worked and the use of several generic faces in this set feels like a cop-out. I understand that the old prints were out of production and they probably shaved a little off the costs by incorporating some parts already in production but it definitely feels like a missed opportunity. And most importantly, the broken blade Narsil which was used by Isildur to cut the ring of Sauron’s hand. The Tower Detailed decor ⁠– Details include Frodo's bedroom and Elrond's study, and the different sections can be displayed separately: for example, the Council of Elrond™ can be lifted off the main model

Overall

Iconic characters ⁠– The building set features 15 minifigures, including legendary characters such as Frodo™, Sam™, Bilbo Baggins™, Boromir™, Gimli™, Aragorn™, Legolas and Gandalf the Grey™ The council is the hero and focal point of the entire build, and where most of the action takes place in Rivendell. It’s one of the most vivid parts of the Fellowship of the Ring as the council debates the best way to destroy the One Ring. Recreate your favourite scenes ⁠– The set makes it easy to recreate iconic moments including the Council of Elrond™ scene and the moment the Fellowship crosses the bridge at the start of their journey This display case is tailor-made for the LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™ Rivendell™ (10316) set, ensuring a perfect fit for your masterpiece. Whether you're a LEGO enthusiast, a Tolkien fan, or simply love captivating displays, our case provides the ideal way to showcase and protect your creation. The display case fits the entire set, which splits into three sections: the tower, the council ring, and the gazebo with river and bridge. However, my favourite feature of the ground floor is undoubtedly the mural, affixed to the bigger section of the building. This image depicts Celebrimbor forging the Rings of Power, with another minifigure in the foreground. I imagine the second figure represents Annatar, Sauron's fair form which enables him to influence the Elves!

LEGO 10316 The Lord of the Rings: Rivendell visual tour

Just to illustrate how majestic and large Rivendell is compared to its contemporaries, here’s Rivendell right next to 10305 Lion Knight’s Castle, which I consider to be the pinnacle of Castle Design. Of course this is the perfect place to re-create the scene of Boromir being curious, inspecting Narsil, accidentally cutting his hand, and awkwardly dropping one of the most sacred historical artifacts on the ground before Aragorn has to come in and clean up after Boromir. The one notable innovation that really elevates the look of The Hobbits are their new dual-moulded short legs, which really emphasise their bare feet. Oh, and paper capes also make a return, which feels right. Just like it was in 2013. Hobbiton (in Matamata, NZ) has been retained & restored and I highly recommend a visit if you're in the area. After a day visiting all the Hobbit-holes, it was very relaxing to sit in The Green Dragon Inn with a pint of traditional ale.The tree is gorgeous and takes up a dominant spot visually in this section, nicely overlooking the Council of the Ring. The leaves, which combine two shades of green and yellow perfectly mimic the rustic aesthetic of Rivendell. Here’s a look at the second section, which contains a more natural slice of Rivendell, with a stone bridge, wonderfully ornate gazebo and an Elven smith and armoury. Representatives from varied peoples of Middle-earth descend on Rivendell to determine the fate of the One Ring and Gloin, Gimli's father, is among the Dwarven attendees. The beard appears equally detailed in white, but I dislike the plain shirt underneath. Gloin's clothing is never clearly presented onscreen in The Lord of the Rings, so perhaps his attire from The Hobbit could have given inspiration instead. The interiors are dominated by these beautiful new printed tiles, which have a leaf pattern and subtle colours to mark their orientation. Be careful here and make sure you align them correctly. The Nexo shield and 2×2 pointed star combination is also beautiful, and I am so glad that the set makes very generous use of these new tiles. Akin to the Hobbits benefitting from the dual-moulded legs developed after they last appeared in minifigure form, Gandalf the Grey includes a modern dress piece to recreate his robes, greatly improving upon the prior minifigure. The decoration across the torso and dress element matches his original garb and the reverse also displays some creasing, despite usually being covered.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment