276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sky Hawk

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would choose some children to be the main characters in the book and then get the rest of the class to ask them questions so that they can understand the characters emotions and actions more clearly. so I’m not going to say much about the plot, but I will say that it’s about two children in a Scottish village and two rare birds, about real death and imagined death, about secrets and community, and about another child in another village. Lewis’ ‘Sky Hawk’ is a story of friendship, perseverance, hope and mystery set in the countryside of Scotland. I am really not a fan of books they bore me a it but it was completely different in Sky Hawk I could hardly set the book down!

This story’s wings spread all the way from Scotland to Africa, just like the osprey’s annual migration. I happen to know a beautiful, genuinely good, healthy young college graduate who died suddenly overnight after falling asleep with a fever as Iona did, and there is no foreshadowing possible.

This chapter could be reworked to benefit -- more realism and shades of grey while preserving the insight about how a community of individuals often only recognizes their own complicity and expresses any regrets in social isolation, prejudice, and poverty in hindsight. I definitely became more engaged in the text as I got to know the characters and the setting of the text because I wanted to find out more. We would come up with own examples of ellipsis to display on the board and then we would have a go at writing suspenseful paragraphs in Lewis’ style.

It started quite slowly, with kids poaching fish in a Scottish burn, lambs being fed on a farm, and friends bickering over the things which seem important when you’re ten.

This is just the beginning of a story about all kinds of friendships that spans continents and made me cry a bajillion tears. A funny, touching and thought-provoking adventure story examining loss, grief, self-discovery and acceptance. Below the picture of the bird there is a scenery of mountains and grassland and the reader may understand that the book may be based in the countryside or highlands.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment