276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Game of Work

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While Heads Up is designed as a ‘party game’, we’ve found that it’s a great ice breaker game to play between work colleagues. You place the phone on your head, and a word shows up – and whether you’re trying to name celebrities or identify animals, you’ll soon have your colleagues frantically pointing, singing, or putting on silly accents in an attempt to communicate the word that’s sitting on your head. This is probably not the best game for serious business functions, as it’s not particularly pleasant. In fact, the game creators themselves describe this game as “a party game for horrible people”. But if you don’t mind a bit of inappropriate language, then Cards Against Humanity will have you and your colleagues in stitches for your entire lunch break.

Business demands measurable results. Sales, costs, return on investment, and customer service are measured by most companies in excruciating detail. Though there will always be debate about cause and effect, most business experts agree there is a positive correlation between employee engagement and results. I must admit it has been easier and more fun to drive these key business metrics with the help of a turned-on workforce. This book from the oracle from Utah does just that. We’ve seen this played remotely, too, via videolink. However, the game works far better when everybody can get together in the same room. 3 – Spaceteam As I read the book I felt a certain affinity to all that Tim was talking about and I could totally relate to it. I had been ignoring my natural self and maybe thinking too much.

Good, useful read. My favorite idea was that Performance = Potential - Interference. A lot to dig into here including the idea that unlearning interference that's getting in the way of our path can be a greater boon than trying to raise our potential.

In this book, there is some cursory discussion regarding Self 1 vs. Self 2. There is also some discussion about nonjudgmental awareness (in chapters regarding focus of attention and practice of focus), but much of the rest of the root principles of the "inner game" are obfuscated or missing when put in the practice of work. Ping pong, or table tennis, is the classic indoor sport for office spaces. It only needs a small amount of space, and it provides a great workout at the same time. Code Names is a wonderful game for two teams, all about communication and clues. You must attempt to pass clues to your own team, without giving away clues to the opposing team.The central idea in this book is that there is a better way of thinking about working and learning that comes down to giving more priority to our inner capacities and whishes and less to external expectations, norms and instructions. Learning to let go and trust is the greatest gifts that we can give to ourselves and each other. As a graduate student, I have struggled greatly with focus and the "conflict of the two selves", as the book describes: a part of me wants to constantly cycle through my goals for the next six months, a never-ending spiel of encouragement, a bit of wallowing in self-pity, and a bit of hate-stalking people I dislike on social media; the other part of me actually wants to get work done. This book - finally - explicitly talks about it, explains how it's impossible to get anything meaningful done when the mind is so split and, best of all, teaches you ways to calm your mind, ignore the "self 1" and keep on working steadily. Why are so many people uncertain where their field of play is for work- what is in bounds and out of bounds? The guide to making human nature work with you and not against you by increasing job enjoyment and producing extraordinary results. In a game of Human Snakes, you need to split your group into teams of equal size. You can have as many teams as you like, and you could theoretically have teams of any size… but we recommend between 4-6 people per team. You’ll soon see why!

If you want something a little more gentle, which takes up even less space, then a foosball table is a good alternative for sport. While it is not particularly physically active, it is suitable for 2-8 players at a time, and can lend itself well to tournaments and leagues. 24 – Yoga The reason we believe organising a challenge between other businesses works so well, is because it can really encourage that team spirit and make your teams even closer to each other than before. It encourages a healthy mindset of working together to beat a common ‘enemy’ – and anybody who doesn’t want to play will enjoy spectating and cheering their own team on. 21 – Ping Pong The Game of Work is a powerful, yet simple book that can transform any team to work with the same passion with which we play. When people work like they play, the results tend to exceed expectations. It is just human nature!Finally, each player draws legs. Unfold the creations to see what group creativity looks like! 27 – Paper Plane Competition

Gallwey concluded that SELF-1 was a from of interference that led to nothing else than an underutilization of the person's potential. In other words: Performance = Potential - Interference. In still other words: don't let SELF-1 distract you from your task and goal!

Not only does this game encourage you to get creative with the statements you choose, but it also helps you to find out interesting facts about your colleagues. 6 – Who Am I? Thousands have bought for family members and friends! Over one hundred thousand copies sold worldwide!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment