276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Guitar Hero World Tour - Stand Alone Drums - Nintendo Wii

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We were greeted by a very friendly staff, given some basic instructions and went through a quick warm-up. The Guitar Hero 3 Les Paul and the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar work with Rock Band and Rock Band 2. If you've read this morning's Guitar Hero World Tour review, then you already know how much we like the new RedOctane drums - but with the game now on sale across the pond, a few early adopters are reporting problems. I tested the newly minted solder joints and noted a vast improvement but still not quite what I was expecting.

However, it's worth pointing out that these incidents are pretty common after the launch of new gaming hardware, and may end up being a lot of fuss about nothing. Star Power is gained the same as the guitars, by hitting all the star power notes in a star power sequence. I get shouted at by the wife when I'm using it with headphones as hitting the pads still makes a lot of noise.Expert+ (also written as "Expert +") has the same standard notes as regular Expert but includes double bass. The pads and cymbals in the Band Hero drum kit already have piezo triggers and work fine for my needs. If you pull gently on the wires while watching the sealant carefully you can tell which wires definitely need repaired. But all my fears proved completely groundless, and I had an amazing experience when visiting Beatorbit with my friends.

I was able to remap my standard kit pads to different empty MIDI notes on my TD-6 and then have Addictive Drums 2 learn those inputs so that my standard kit would play the expected snare, tom, kick etc and I would have 6 free additional pads to play with from the Guitar Hero set. The result of this pseudo-one-piece design is an incredibly top-heavy kit, which unfortunately is paired with an inordinately unstable stand. But physical imperfections aside, the core aspects of the Guitar Hero kit's design and the design of its competitors ultimately come down to a matter of preference, which is almost always exclusively aligned one way or another.The Drummer is a non-playable character that appears in Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, with a cameo in the Guitar Hero World Tour intro sequence. The RB2 bass pedal is metal plated to prevent breaking like the RB drumset owners experienced numerous times. Seriously, if you must have drums for Guitar Hero, get some coffee cans and pots from under the kitchen cabinets and bang on them. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

Now that I want to use it, I hold the home button down and it flashes really quickly, like it does when the batteries are dead, but will do no more. But it's perfectly fine to stick with the Rock Band 2 drums, it's the best one on the market from Harmonix.If your red drum head is non-functional, or maybe your orange cymbal, or really any problem that the Activision support page doesn't address, this is the place to be. I know that I'm not going to get Roland quality performance out of these "toys," but I've seen some pretty decent youtubes of people playing around with their Rockband kits in Garageband. And all the time you play together but also compete with your friends (hit accuracy is tracked), which makes it a real team experience.

I considered the performance of my yellow cymbal to be ideal: easily registered both hard and soft hits in the center and readily picked up hits to the far edges as light hits. After that we headed to a hexagonal room, or better stay a fancy music studio, with six drum stations and the fun begun. Great tutorial to start off and then the songs went through different genres and difficulties, from 'ok, this isn't too bad' to 'how the hell am I supposed to do this! Afterall, I will not be carrying the kit around to different locations on stage during a performance so it's not absolutely necessary, but nice to not have to deal with the extra cables.

Not only are the materials used for the stand rickety, but the extension clamps can barely support the weight of the base, and the slightest amount of pressure could feasibly cause the drums to come crashing down onto your kneecaps. It could be fixed readily at the manufacturing level, I think, but that begs the question of units already produced. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. We've previously done escape rooms, crazy golf, bowling, etc but this was by far the most entertaining, fun, original and enjoyable activity we have done. We've had ample time with the Rock Band kit, but now we're taking a look at Guitar Hero's take on drums; does it live up to its hype?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment