276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Turn Left at Orion: Hundreds of Night Sky Objects to See in a Home Telescope – and How to Find Them

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Davis is a professor of geophysics in the Department of Earth and Space Sciences at Stony Brook University, New York.

I closed this book out with some beautiful viewing this morning around 4am, where the chilly 24 degree F temps made for a crystal clear sky.AA1 - A 2nd edition reprint hardcover book SIGNED and inscribed by Guy Consolmagno to previous owner on the title page in very good condition in very good dust jacket that is mylar protected. With a star map nearby, bend a paper-clip into a circle that encompasses the stars you see in your telescope. It also includes a discussion of Dobsonian telescopes, with hints on using personal computers and the internet as aids for planning an observing session. really like this idea, and I borrowed the book from the library, 1/15, but I realized I cant see stars from my apt in the city and I will have to wait to get to know this book until some later point in life. Guy Consolmagno and Dan Davis’ book “ Turn Left at Orion: Hundreds of Night Sky Objects to See in a Home Telescope – and How to Find Them” was written to be a solution to these problems.

There are plenty of maps to get you located, and the large format drawings accurately depict what you can expect to see. Revised and updated, this new edition contains a chapter describing spectacular deep sky objects visible from the southern hemisphere, and tips on observing the upcoming transits of Venus. Jupiter occulted by the Moon, visible in North America around 13H GMT, but it’s daytime and only 26° from the Sun). Our tables are a good place to start your list; you can download them at Tables – what, where, and when to observe. It's primarily meant to be a field guide - to help you plan an observing session, or to read about the objects by dim red light while at the telescope.The many Dobsonian-friendly images and small telescope views have been revised to account for changes in modern telescope technology, such as larger field of view eyepieces. Currently in amateur astronomy, there is a divide that is getting larger with every new computer-driven scope that comes on the market. Along with updated star names and astronomical information, this new edition provides links to a dedicated webpage with up-to-date tables and images, and an improved planets chapter. After delving into how to use a telescope, the book teaches how to locate specific objects in the night sky, and how to use a telescope to see the Moon, planets, star clusters, nebulae and galaxies.

The Moon, planets and nearly a hundred deep sky objects, visible in the Northern hemisphere, are shown exactly as they appear in a small telescope (50-75 mm, or 2-3 inches aperture).The remainder of the book has very practical astronomical targets--organized by season so you are looking for objects high in the sky--along with very practical approaches on how to actually see them through your eyepiece. Revised and updated, this new edition contains a chapter with ten new spreads describing spectacular deep sky objects visible from the southern hemisphere, and tips on observing the upcoming transits of Venus.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment