276°
Posted 20 hours ago

David Lammy on the Run - A Political Comedy Adventure: 1 (The David Lammy 'I Have a Dream' book series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Does Britain’s relationship with the USA prevent independent decision making? What does conservatism mean to Jordan Peterson? How do you disagree agreeably about politics with your partner? Refocusing Britain’s foreign policy to focus on prosperity, economic diplomacy, sustainable growth and accelerating our transition into a clean-energy superpower will not be easy.

David Lammy To Lead Labour Exclusive: Yvette Cooper And David Lammy To Lead Labour

Alastair is joined by Rahima Mahmut, an Uyghur artist, activist, and the chair of 'Stop Uyghur Genocide' to explore the harrowing topic in detail. To mark the 25th anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement, Alastair and Rory are joined by former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair to answer all these questions and more. Andy Burnham, Labour Mayor of Greater Manchester, and Andy Street, Conservative Mayor of the West Midlands, meet with Rory and Alastair to discuss their two cities, their contrasting politics, and working towards their shared goal of further devolved powers for city regions.

Last night, as Starmer used a speech at the meeting hosted by the Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau to say Labour would rebuild “the smouldering cinders of the bridges the Tories have burnt” in relations with other countries, Lammy said closer links with the EU were the number one goal. Rory and Alastair are joined by Arnold Schwarzenegger to discuss his childhood in Austria, coming to the US, marrying into the Kennedy family, and how he feels about politics today. The pamphlet will be published by the Fabian Society, which last year also printed an essay of the same length by Sir Keir Starmer. Mr Lammy underlined that he felt it was time the UK regained its place as a key player in world affairs.

The Rest Is Politics on Apple Podcasts ‎The Rest Is Politics on Apple Podcasts

Well, the Conservative government have got themselves into a real mess on migration with the extraordinarily high figures when they went into successive elections saying that they would bring those figures down. And we challenged them on that, as we rightly should. You cannot cut our aid budget and then spend what’s left in the UK and not face up to supporting people to stay in-country because of issues of climate and conflict at this time, particularly in the Horn of Africa. When I speak to partner countries like France, I was in Portugal a few weeks ago. They’re raising real concerns in the Sahel and asking how can the UK play a bigger role with us in dealing with these issues in-country? Alastair and Rory are joined by Michel Barnier, the EU's chief Brexit negotiator, three years on from Britain's exit from the European Union. He now takes the pragmatist’s view that elections aren’t won in north London, but in places such as Peterborough, where he attended a state boarding school on a choral scholarship and still has good friends. All this is a roundabout way of saying that he nominated (but didn’t vote for) Corbyn, not expecting him to win, but because part of him “believed in the underdog, in having a diverse race. I didn’t want just candidates that had done PPE at Oxbridge. I’m afraid what then happened I do regret.” Lammy draws his politics from his patch, and perhaps this was never more true than in the summer of 2011, in the febrile days after the fatal shooting by police in Tottenham of Mark Duggan. With riots erupting across British cities, he offered confident leadership and authority in what felt like a political vacuum. The incumbent Tory prime minister, David Cameron, subsequently asked him to lead a review of racial disparities in the justice system, which exposed what he calls a “liberal conceit” about equality by showing how the same offence has different consequences for different offenders. A teenager caught smoking cannabis on an inner-city estate will probably get a criminal record, he argues, but not “a 15-year-old who looks more like a young Boris Johnson, doing the same thing in his parents’ gated estate”.In a section seen by The Telegraph, he will say: “You might wonder what economic growth and economic justice in Britain have to do with foreign policy. This is an audio transcript of the Rachman Review podcast episode: ‘David Lammy on Britain’s place in the world’ Labour’s Shadow Foreign Secretary David Lammy will embark on a three-day visit to the Middle East this week for talks with his counterparts about the Israel-Hamas conflict, as the UK’s biggest opposition party faces internal splits over its response. The new trading bloc here, particularly in the Indo-Pacific, that I think will be important both to UK interests and indeed, hearing from partners in the region, their interests here in south-east Asia. So systemically, given that this represents 50 per cent of growth by 2030, this is important. The other area of importance, of course, is Aukus and our historic relationship with Australia and the US and I think that is also important for regional stability in the area. Rory and Alastair are joined by Jonathan Powell to discuss the New Labour years, the Northern Ireland peace process, how he negotiates with terrorists, and more.

The Rest Is Politics - Podcasts-Online.org The Rest Is Politics - Podcasts-Online.org

What do the Murdochs think of Succession? Should the SNP change its name? Why do some actors swear by method acting while others find it such an alien approach? How do we fix the polarisation in the US? What made him move from Hollywood movies to the world of politics? Does he still identify as a Republican? Why did David Miliband leave British politics? How did he get involved in the New Labour project? And what does he spend his time doing now?I haven’t been, in this role. Look, I think that engagement is important, and therefore, I thought it was good that our defence secretary, Ben Wallace, met with him. I saw that the deputy prime minister of Australia also met with China’s defence minister. That is important, notwithstanding the problems that exist with the United States. The acceptable face of Conservatism? Campaigning in Highgate while running for mayor of London in 2020. Photograph: Tolga Akmen/AFP/Getty Images Britain’s foreign policy must make it richer, David Lammy will argue this week in a 14,000-word pamphlet setting out the party’s stall on global affairs. The Rest Is Politics recently hosted Starmer. “I was disappointed,” says Stewart. “There’s so much that I admired from a distance about him. I like the idea of him. What disappointed me was that he didn’t seem radical enough. I didn’t get what the big picture was. I got the impression of a likable, thoughtful, moderate guy, but I didn’t feel the radical ambition.” In general, he thinks that politicians, even former politicians, are too guarded to be interesting interviewees.

‎Leading on Apple Podcasts

Global perceptions of Israel-Gaza, Labour-Lib Dem bad blood, and Chinese economic crisis 24 Oct · The Rest Is Politics Plus I’ve met some of these individuals and am frankly staggered some are still in the party,” the Tottenham MP said. Tune in to today's episode of Leading to hear Alastair and Rory's conversation with the former Chancellor of the Exchequer. What makes homo sapiens unique from other living creatures? What will happen to society if artificial intelligence dictates culture? Why have conservative parties the world over “committed suicide”?His decade off the frontbench, he says, helped him to find his authentic political voice: “Whether it was the riots, Windrush, Grenfell Tower, Brexit – I just had a freedom to speak.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment