276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Infographic Bible: Visualising the Drama of God's Word

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That looked like volunteers doing my cleaning, shopping and sometimes cooking for me while my bottom was firmly fixed to my studio seat! But most importantly the project was supported with prayer. (see p218) Karen Sawrey: The Collins English Dictionary has a great explanation already prepared for me: “A graph, diagram, or other visual image designed to present complex information in an easily understandable form.” Somehow, the other guy can tell what the dream means: “This can be nothing other than the sword of Gideon son of Joash, the Israelite. God has given the Midianites and the whole camp into his hands.”

Infographic: You Have More Time for Bible Reading than You Infographic: You Have More Time for Bible Reading than You

This aggravates Joseph’s brothers. Not only is Joseph the favorite son, now he thinks that he’s going to rule over the rest of them? Allow a book designer to review the finished book to ensure that information is clear and readable — this includes both the sizes and the colors used throughout the book. In this this pioneering book Karen Sawrey shows you the bible as you never seen it before, using powerful infographics, with data sourced by experts in their fields, to communicate the key biblical themes and narratives. The Infographic Bible focuses on the meta narrative, the key points of the major stories and themes, to give the reader insight into the bigger story and help you understand the complex or abstract themes in a relevant way. Through revealing the ancient traditions, showing connections between Old and New Testament themes, and profiling important characters, you are left with a deeper and more memorable interpretation of the scriptures. Ancient scriptures from the most popular book of all time, revolutionised to reveal its themes and narratives for a modern generation. Billions of people across the world find solace, meaning and wisdom from reading the Bible. But for some, it can be a difficult book to engage with and understand.

1. Abimelech’s warning

Same king, same problem: a troubling dream that only Daniel can interpret. This time a huge, magnificent tree is cut down to earth, and the stump and roots are left to go mad. Throughout the book follows the unifying theme of God's love, mankind's rebellion, and God's work to reconcile and redeem mankind. Jacob’s twin brother wants to kill him—though to be fair, Jacob did just cheat him out of the family blessing. So Jacob’s on the run. He stops to sleep one night, and dreams of a great stairway stretching from earth to heaven, with divine beings moving up and down. Do you have a spare 5 minutes in your day? Take up and read the book of Jude or maybe even Obadiah. Do you have 15 minutes? Read Ruth or Philippians. Do you have an hour? Immerse yourself in Nehemiah or Romans. It takes about 10 hours total to read all four Gospels and the book of Acts. If you spend 20 minutes per day, you could read all 5 books in just 1 month. It takes about 15 hours to read all of the Prophets, from Isaiah to Malachi. Spend just 30 minutes a day reading the Prophets, and a month from now you will have finished all 17 prophetic books. What other patterns can you find?

Bible Book Infographics | Bible IQ Bible Book Infographics | Bible IQ

The Bible is one of the key places we encounter God and his heart for a relationship with us, bringing nourishment and wholeness as we interact with it. Loved your dreams infograms. Prior to finding your work, I became intrigued by the dreams in Genesis and elsewhere as I was studying the book. I took a little different approach than “all” dreams to only the ones where something verbal was communicated. (example of non-verbal dream – Pharaoh’s dream of 7’s). My observation was language oriented in dreams to see how many different languages were communicated in dreams. No surprise that the God who created language(s) would be able to “speak” them all even in dreams. There are multiple dreams in Hebrew probably but here is a list of probable languages. I had been designing & illustrating for HarperCollins for 9 years when they invited me to pitch for this project in 2013. HarperCollins had already published successful Infographic books like ‘Information is Beautiful’ by David McCandless and were considered industry leaders in this genre, their next step was to produce a Bible in this format! This was an unbelievable moment for me to be invited to pitch because usually, the author pursues the publisher, not the other way round. Karen Sawrey: It’s such a tough choice. Please can I have two? John 10:10, where Jesus declares he’s come that we may have life and life to the full, and Luke 1:37 (NKJV), that says with God nothing is impossible. The cupbearer dreams of a grape vine with three branches, which he harvests and presses into Pharaoh’s cup. The three branches represent three days between the dream and the cupbearer’s restoration to Pharaoh’s court. 8. The baker’s basketsSuppose the Creator of the universe came to you in a dream one night and said, “You know what? Ask me for anything—anything you want. I’ll give it to you.” What would you ask for? Many books on systematic theology use the method of dividing God into two parts: God’s transcendent nature and God’s character. This chart type is used to visualize part-to-whole data; it works well here to show the categories and sub-categories of those parts used in the Bible to describe God. Oh and learning Excel! I moved from refusing to work with it, to thinking ‘I guess its ok’, to ‘ach I LOVE Excel!’ Without learning that skill, to create and analyse data, nothing could be designed!

Infographics - Anne Witton 8 sites for Christian Infographics - Anne Witton

Long before the nation of Israel settled between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River, their ancestor Abraham sojourned throughout the territory with his wife Sarah. Abraham was a rich guy (and therefore a pretty big deal), so it’s not like he and Sarah just stopped at a Holiday Inn late at night before leaving at first light the next day. When Abraham moved to a new city, the leadership of that city took note. The night before Gideon storms the Midianite camp, Gideon overhears two Midianites discussing a dream one of them had: a loaf of barley rolls into camp and overturns a tent. Bible Gateway interviewed Karen Sawrey ( @karensawrey) about The Infographic Bible: Visualising the Drama of God’s Word (Zondervan, 2018), the 2019 Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards bronze award winner in the category of Arts, Entertainment, and Culture.

The Infographic Bible

I’ve had so many powerful moments with him, things I knew in my head but when I see the results from the data being analysed there was a deeper and profound revelation. One of those moments was seeing the totals of Jesus declaring himself being equally Son of God and Son of Man! WOW!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment