276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Creality Official Ender 5 Pro 3D Printer with Silent Mainboard Pre-installed,Capricorn Tube, Metal Exruder,220 * 220 * 300mm Build Volume, Removable Platform, Dual Y-Axis, Modular Design

£279.995£559.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There’s a 32-bit mainboard (below 50 dB according to Creality, a built-in toolbox, print resume function, belt tensioners, and a new UI with a print preview function. Looks wise, the Ender 3 Neo benefits from a facelift, borrowing the same sharp, full-metal gantry design found on the Ender 3 S1. Ender 3 S1 Creality earned its fame by having fully open-source hardware and firmware, even making their full specs available to anyone who wants them. Both official and non-official upgrades and modifications are all over the internet for both models. I noticed no significant issues in our test prints. A couple of small objects showed some spurious, thin filament "hairs" extending between portions of the prints; this is a common issue with FFF printers, and fortunately these strands are easy enough to clip and sand away.

The filling density, or the infill, determines how much material is inside the 3D print. This allows you to adjust the stability to your purposes. These settings do not depend on the 3D printer you use, only on your components. The mats offer very poor visibility of the printer, making monitoring those tense first few layers impossible.

Be the First to Share

Convenience aside, the Official Creality Enclosure does a fantastic job of maintaining stable temperatures around the printer. As you’ve probably guessed, it’s very much a hands-on project that involves custom measurements, troubleshooting, and some planning, but as DIY projects go, it’s one of the easiest. After the cube has finished printing, measure each dimension. For each axis, repeat the computation you did for the extruder, D = 10*A / (B – C), but replace the variables as follows: The other significant change is the inclusion of automatic bed leveling, courtesy of a BLTouch probe. A major improvement that takes much of the hassle out of those initial hours with the Ender 5 and Pro. Creality has also thrown in a few choice quality-of-life tweaks, including a filament runout sensor, a 4.3-inch touchscreen, and a tempered glass plate.

These also allow you to open up the front and top panels for printer access. The tent-style design also means easy storage with the enclosure folding down flat. As the Ender 5 Pro has a slightly larger build volume, the bed takes slightly longer to heat than on the Ender 3 V2. It’s also worth noting that if you go for the latest Ender 3 model, the Ender S1, you’ll get identical nozzle and bed temperatures as the Ender 5.

Creality Ender 5 Pro 3D Printer upgraded features:

I am new at 3D printing. I new nothing about this when I decided to buy a printer. I searched the internet, I read about the different brands and then I found that the most popular printers are Creality and Prusa. Not knowing anything, I was inclined to choose the Prusa. A friend who already owns both printers, told me I would not regret buying a Creality. And boy was he right. Petsfang– A go-to design for many tinkerers looking for an Ender 3 and Ender 5 cooling fan upgrade. For most amateur printing projects, 50 to 80 mm/s is widely considered the optimal range to balance out print speed and print quality. For sheer value allied to solid print quality, it’s hard to beat the Ender 5 as an affordable yet reliable printer. Should you have a bit more cash to throw around, the Ender 5 Pro’s choice upgrades are worth every penny, although you could potentially retrofit these yourself.

Generally speaking, neither the Ender 3 nor 5 falter in print quality, but given the Ender 5’s improved movement, upgraded design so parts don’t bump together, and more reliable safety protocols, it wins overall for more consistently successful prints. Ender 3 vs Ender 5 Price Print speed is yet another area where the Ender 3 and Ender 5 are on a level playing field. The 200 mm/s represents a theoretically maximum and it’s highly unlikely you’ll bump up the print speed that high unless you’re comfortable with a print with poor finish and shoddy overall quality. The Ender 5 Pro has a metal-extruder, which helps iron some of the more common Bowden issues such as filament jams and clogs. The Ender 3 V2 instead uses a plastic alternative, but this is easily upgraded.

Testing the Ender-5 Pro: Above-Par Print Quality

But not only the distance of the retraction is important, but also the retraction speed has a big effect on your print result. Like other settings, the retraction distance and retraction speed is highly dependent on the printer and filament used. As with most Creality printers, the Ender 3 V2 and Ender 5 Pro are both upgrade-friendly devices with open designs that facilitate modification and add-ons. It’s something the Ender community has embraced, and you’ll find a huge wealth of options out there from 3D printed parts to third-party parts to improve your printer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment