276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dragon In The Library

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The author’s writing style is impeccable. There’s so much to say about the description of the events and the development of the characters, as well as the dialogues included. The story is richly imaginative with well-developed characters that readers will love. I liked the idea of having a heroine because I believe there should be more books like this that have a strong female protagonist. When a tyrannical, fire-breathing dragon named Miss Lotta Scales becomes the new school librarian, story hour ceases, and the children are forbidden to touch the books. Eventually, a small child saves the day. The farcical text and colorful, clean-edged artwork are loaded with tedious dragon humor. dragon, in the mythologies, legends, and folktales of various cultures, a large lizard- or serpent-like creature, conceived in some traditions as evil and in others as beneficent. In medieval Europe, dragons were usually depicted with wings and a barbed tail and as breathing fire. In Greece the word drakōn, from which the English word was derived, was used originally for any large serpent ( see sea serpent), and the dragon of mythology, whatever shape it later assumed, remained essentially a snake. A dragon is usually represented as a huge, bat-winged, fire-breathing, scaly lizard or snake with a barbed tail. The belief in these creatures apparently arose without the slightest knowledge on the part of the ancients of dinosaurs, which have some remblance to dragons.

Although this book is set in a library, Kit, unlike her friends, is definitely not a fan of books, and feels completely out of place in Chatsworth Library. She can think of nothing worse than having to read aloud. Sage advice is given by the librarian, Faith:

This is the third book in the Dragon Keepers series by Kate Klimo and John Shroades. We discovered this series by chance during a library visit and my oldest is enthralled. She read the first two book almost nonstop until she finished them. Now that we're almost done with the four-book series, we really hope that more will be published soon! I would use the quote "Dragon Slayer Extraordinaire" with my students. I would use it after reading the story to them. I would ask them what they would feel like if they had that title after their name. Is it good to be a Dragon Slayer? I would let the students lead the discussion after the first few questions are asked. Dapo Adeola, Tracy Darnton, Joseph Coelho and Chitra Soundar are among the 19 authors and illustrators longlisted for the Inclusive Books for Child... The magical system in this story is truly wonderful, and very clever. I loved wandering and exploring with Kit and her friends. Of course, as the title suggests, there is a dragon – and an adorable dogon - in the library.

Kit is a bit of a tomboy, enjoying the great outdoors, getting muddy and climbing trees, so it is not surprising that she wants to explore outside – even if it is a cemetery - with her best friends, Josh and Alita, on the first day of their summer holidays rather than accompany them to their local library.

Become a Member

Isle of Dragons: The Hidden Library is the second book in the series by author L. A. Thompson. This middle length book got me reading for hours, it is a very good sequel to the first part. I liked the division of chapters the book has; they are not very long but each of the chapters end in a way that demands readers to keep on reading. It was difficult to put the book down once I started. Author L. A. Thompson's narrative is descriptive; reading her dialogues and the way she explained to the reader the emotions the characters had while speaking was like watching a movie. It was easy to empathize with the characters, especially with Jade whose character was so well developed and described that seemed to be a person close to us. I liked that the author mentioned her parents because it was a good way to understand her. There are several main characters, making it difficult to discuss them all. What I can say is that they are different from each other. They each have their own personalities and patterns, and no two are the same as each other.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment