276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO 75299 Star Wars TM Trouble on Tatooine

£89.995£179.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

LEGO® components meet the highest industry standards to ensure they are consistent and compatible for a simple, strong connection every time – it’s been that way since 1958. I hope that you can see very clearly what a fan I am of this set. While there are a few areas where LEGO could’ve done this set better, overall this is a great set for the price. The Minifigs are amazingly detailed and two of the three included are new to 2021. The three separate builds not only make for great playtime, but they’re also interesting and fun to put together as well. This is an article breaking down this smaller, but super cool set by LEGO. Let’s talk more about why it’s cool, where it stands to improve, and whether or not it’s worth your time and money. Bottom Line Up Front Following his acquisition of the mysterious Child, The Mandalorian dons magnificent Beskar armour which provides tremendous protection. This minifigure has been hotly anticipated and looks absolutely spectacular, featuring metallic silver decoration across both sides of the torso and the legs. I appreciate the consistency between these designs and those on the previous minifigure depicting Din Djarin.

This time around, Mando has an all-new ensemble here with exclusive printing and a new helmet. LEGO’s execution here is pretty spot on, with plenty of details added. Aside from the new chrome finish on his armor, an easy highlight is the Mudhorn signet on Mando’s right shoulder pauldron. Sure it’s a tiny print, but the inclusion speaks to the overall attention to detail on the figure. So even though we had to wait nearly two years, the payoff was certainly worth it. Children will love teaming up with The Mandalorian and a Tusken Raider for desert missions with this LEGO® Star Wars™ Trouble on Tatooine set (75299). It features The Mandalorian’s speeder bike with a LEGO minifigure seat and saddlebag for the Child to sit in, plus a buildable Tusken hut and a new-for-January-2021, missile-shooting ballista for the Tusken Raider. Since 1999, the LEGO Group has been recreating iconic starships, vehicles, locations and characters from the Star Wars universe. LEGO Star Wars has become its most successful theme with a huge variety of sets to excite fans of all ages. The Child has appeared twice previously at minifigure scale and looks appropriately adorable. The head component is made from rubber and features two enormous ears alongside similarly large eyes. I think a unique element could approximate the Child's heavy robe more closely but the existing baby component works quite well, especially with some decoration on the front.

The eponymous Mandalorian has appeared in several sets since the series was launched and that minifigure was excellent. However, 75299 Trouble on Tatooine yields another impressive minifigure, including printed arms and superb Beskar armour. LEGO Mandalorian and Baby Yoda!” he screamed upon seeing it, almost unable to comprehend that such a thing could exist and unaware that the latter’s “official” name is the Child (now Grogu). There are LEGO® Star Wars™ sets to thrill fans of all ages, whether they want to recreate famous scenes, roleplay their own stories or just build and display the authentic construction models. Moving away from retired products, let’s talk about Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder. This is a great option for Star Wars fans looking to beef up their Tatooine collection and unlike the two sets above, it isn’t retired. Speeder bikes of varying design appear throughout the LEGO Star Wars range. This example measures nearly 13cm in length and takes inspiration from the Zephyr-J speeder bike which is featured on Tatooine during both seasons of The Mandalorian. The model includes remarkable detail, particularly towards the rear where fuel conduits and other mechanical structures remain exposed.

A really cool collection of Minifigs are included in this one (two Jawas, a Tusken Raider, and an astromech droid). For one, the set is a great deal more appealing now that I know that the additional build is a ballista. I had only taken a glance at the promotional pics, but for some reason I came to the conclusion that it was some sort of lame Tusken flying device dreamt up by Disney, possibly taking design inspiration from a dragonfly or biplane? Where on earth did I get that from, I really must pay more attention!! " The Making of (TV) · Sketchbook · Blueprints · Album · Portfolio · The Art of · The Making of the Movie (1980) Thinking of buying this 277-piece set for a newcomer to LEGO® building? No worries. It comes with easy-to-follow illustrated instructions so they can build with confidence. The Tusken Raider tent could be redone. I don’t like the spaces between the panels and how they don’t connect. This isn’t a great representation of the show, where the tents are completely encased.Kids can recreate scenes from Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2 and play out their own speeder-bike-riding, missile-shooting battle stories with this Trouble on Tatooine (75299) building toy. And speaking of Minifigs, this set includes fan-favorite Han Solo, a Sandtrooper, Greedo the bounty hunter, and Wuher. The Mos Eisley Cantina has cute mugs for beverages, a booth, a bar, and even a sliding door. Pros: The Minifigs included in this set are all great, but The Mandalorian and The Child are new to this set and the Tusken Raider is just plain awesome. With all of the appearances of Tatooine in the Star Wars sagas, LEGO really had their work cut out for them as to what scene to recreate. They could’ve chosen from several movies and two different shows! They chose The Mandalorian, which I believe was a great choice. It’s hard to escape the cuteness of The Child aka Grogu or ‘Baby Yoda’ as the internet began calling him (incorrectly, he is not Yoda as a baby, he’s just a child of the same species as Yoda). And don’t worry, Grogu is included. But I’m getting ahead of myself! Includes The Mandalorian and Tusken Raider LEGO® minifigures, each with weapons for roleplay battles, plus a LEGO figure of the Child (the popular character affectionately known as Baby Yoda).

The speeder bike is equally as intricate but is a smaller build than the ballista. The design is spot on compared to the source material and leverages plenty of interesting techniques to pull off all of the incorporated details. There are spots for Mando to store his included blasters, but more importantly, there’s a little place to nestle Baby Yoda into place. The only downside of the speeder bike is that the design doesn’t exactly allow for Mando to fit right in, but it’s a small compromise here. Beskar Mando finally makes a debut Tatooine’s place in Star Wars history begins at the beginning with Luke Skywalker. This is where Luke worked on the farm and lived with his aunt and uncle, it’s the planet he left behind to fight The Empire. This is also where Obi-Wan Kenobi was hiding out away from Darth Vadar. The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight · In Pictures: The Original Trilogy · Movie Theater Storybook · The Original Trilogy StoriesLastly, you’ll find a slightly tweaked version of the Tusken Raider, which shares a nearly identical design to previous versions. All in all, the figure selection is pretty on point for the episode it’s based on, although it would have been phenomenal to see a Cobb Vanth minifigure make the cut. Should you buy the LEGO Trouble on Tatooine set? Nevertheless, the interior does include reasonable detail. I like the simple fire which can be disconnected from the hut very easily and the Technic pillar at the centre of the model looks nice, despite only actually supporting a reddish brown 2x2 round plate with four vertical bars which is intended to resemble the uppermost tips of the internal frame. Included alongside the three minifigures here are a trio of builds from the deserts of Tatooine and specifically Chapter 9 of The Mandalorian. The largest of these creations assembles part of a Tusken Raider encampment, marking the very first time we’ve seen one of these huts in the nearly 22 years of LEGO Star Wars builds. Unfortunately, the pearl silver helmet does contrast with the metallic silver printing so seems slightly odd and I think the shaping of the visor could also have been improved. Nevertheless, the dark bluish grey cape matches the onscreen character and his most remarkable feature is probably the printed arms! These rarely appear within the Star Wars theme but were definitely appropriate here. This awesome kids’ building toy includes The Mandalorian and Tusken Raider LEGO minifigures, a LEGO figure of the Child (affectionately known as Baby Yoda), plus cool weapons to inspire hours of role-play fun. A great gift idea for young Star Wars: The Mandalorian fans, it comes with clear instructions so even LEGO first-timers can enjoy the building experience.

The Child is in fact a smaller figure than The Mandalorian and the Tusken Raider. Not to be confused with a Microfig, he is more just shrunken in proportion to the other Minifigs included. His legs do not move because he’s so small and his clothes are the shape of that sort of baggy, brown paper bag look he has going on in the show. He has an adorable, giant, rubber head with huge ears. He is really too cute for his own good, whether he’s in LEGO or CGI form, I can’t get enough of this guy! A lot of the LEGO designers are adults who are big kids at heart,” LEGO Star Wars senior designer Jan Neergaard Olesen tells StarWars.com. “And I think we, in that sense, automatically try to design the sets with the mindset of both a child and an adult. We, as adults, also really appreciate the small details, functionality, and great building experiences of the models, and we put our heart and soul in every model we make. We often listen to both younger consumers and adults, and as much as possible try to compress everything into the design of each model.”So not that you have a little window into why Tatooine is iconic, let’s talk about this LEGO set! The Trouble on Tatooine LEGO Set Journal: Captive to Evil · Journal: Hero for Hire · Journal: The Fight for Justice · R2-D2 and Friends

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment