276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cinderella Is Dead

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She's so annoying, and just because she is not brave enough to run away doesn't mean she has to pull Sophia down with her! You can sum up this book in one sentence: a YA retelling of Cinderella where queer black girls overthrow the patriarchy. The girls are chosen for completely superficial reasons, so it's important to look your best; to be seen, but not heard. Sophia is outspoken, daring, and compassionate—a true role model and you immediately want her to find her happily ever after that she wants on her own terms.

He retaliated by slowly sucking out her life force and keeping her prisoner in the palace until she died, completely drained and alone. However, Morris also puts a claim on Sophia, voiding Luke’s claim and resulting in his imprisonment. I loved this twisty version of story with great, thought provoking criticism of patriarchy and Sophia is well crafted, relatable, powerful character we may truly support and chant for! She is in love with Erin (even though Erin refuses to rebel) and on the night of the first ball, Sophia makes a run for it. However, she has no interest in having a relationship with a man; she wants to be with Erin, her childhood sweetheart.It’s definitely a book that gets you thinking about things, especially fairy tales and what we’ve been told from a young age.

Their villain-status in the Cinderella-tale is revealed to be the doing of the royal family's revisionism. I think sometimes we make the mistake of thinking monsters are abhorrent aberrations, lurking in the darkest recesses, when the truth is far more disturbing. The magic of CINDERELLA IS DEAD lies not with pumpkin carriages or fairy godmothers, but with girls taking control of their own fairy tale endings, overthrowing toxic patriarchies, and learning to walk like they bear crowns. Luke Langley, the son of her father’s friend, drives the carriage for her because it’s considered inappropriate for women to drive.However, it certainly raises many issues for discussion and I am sure that it will be popular with teenagers.

To do this they must destroy him, but how can two 16 year old girls do this and where do they start? In the face of adversity, she just keeps on fighting and fighting, she is probably one of the best main characters I have ever read and this made the book so much more brilliant. At the ball, Sophia makes the desperate decision to flee, and finds herself hiding in Cinderella’s mausoleum.Sophia's feelings towards Constance's and Constance's immediate reciprocation and constant flirting (see what I did there? Incompatible Orientation: Sophia resents the royal ball for all the obvious reasons, but also because she knows she isn't attracted to men and could never have a happy love life no matter who would choose her. He preys upon young girls who become forfeits to his whims if they are not chosen by others after being paraded at three grand balls.

I also really enjoyed and appreciated how well the dystopian tone blended with the fantastical backdrop. Sophia not only prefers women but senses that the palace-approved fairy tale of Cinderella and her fairy godmother, who grants her everything she wants, is a myth and sets out to prove it. When the potion wore off, and he realized she would never love him of her own volition, he slowly drained her as a way of punishing her.To tylko świadczy o poziomie dojrzałości autorki i jej kompletnym braku zrozumienia, co się właściwie dzieje na świecie. After Cinderella dies, Prince Charming angrily decides that women will stop having any rights because Cinderella did not love him as he saw fit, men will control them, and he gets his pick of the lot whenever he wants. I considered giving it two stars for the representation, which is the only good thing about this book, but I decided that would be condescending instead of supportive - which doesn't mean I don't understand why people gave it two stars instead of one for this reason.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment