276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Baby Sleep Solution: The stay-and-support method to help your baby sleep through the night

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many families experience sleep challenges, and it is not a reflection on you as a parent or a failing. I absolutely do not believe in bad habits or blame. I entirely feel that there is plenty of scope and opportunity to gently and sensitively encourage better sleeping tendencies from any age that you feel ready. Although you may feel alone, frustrated and vulnerable, please know that sleep issues affect up to 70% of parents at some point in their parenting career. Even if you feel that you have tried everything, my unique approach will encourage a positive response and allow you to start to reach your sleep goals. The American Paediatric Association advises strongly against it because of incidences of infant mortality due to suffocation, yet there are well-regarded parenting books which strongly advocate it as a natural and normal way for babies to sleep," she says. "I believe that it is a parenting choice. I don't advise parents to do it but I do not judge either if this is something that they have decided to do." There were loads of different things we had to implement to get to a good place in terms of sleeping, I don’t think any one thing made a huge difference other than establishing a good routine for naps, eventually the night looks after itself if a baby is well rested. I get asked so many questions about what we did so I hope I have answered it as best I can. I didn’t include our routine because for the first while it was specifically based on her sleep history as prescribed by Lucy Wolfe for Alice and with babies their daily routines change nearly monthly within the first year, like soon Alice will be down to two long naps in the day but it’s 2 or 3 at the moment. And she might wake (or be woken!!) from a nap early so our days are often figured out as we go to make sure she gets about 4 hours sleep during the day. Elizabeth Murray, D.O., F.A.A.P., Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY. Achieving better, more consolidated, restful sleep as your child matures can be done without leaving them to cry alone.

Hiring a sleep consultant has become more socially acceptable in Ireland, observes Kelly Geoghegan of Sleepy Stars, a former maternity nurse and garda, who has worked internationally as a paediatric sleep consultant.Through my books: The Baby Sleep Solution and All About the Baby Sleep Solution; both books, together or separately, can assist parents from birth to 6 years of age-establish positive sleep patterns from early days or improve your child’s current sleep tendency by following all of my approach recommendations set out for you. Buy The Book National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine, Discussion of Extinction-Based Behavioral Sleep Interventions for Young Children and Reasons Why Parents May Find Them Difficult, November 2016. Early Human Development, Asynchrony of Mother-Infant Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis Activity Following Extinction of Infant Crying Responses Induced During the Transition to Sleep, April 2012.

Pay attention to baby’s sleep cues (eye rubbing, yawning, turning away from lights or sound, fussiness). She also says “some naps are better than no naps” – so if child will only sleep in the buggy or car, go with that and you can work on other elements later. If the ceiling light with a high-wattage bulb is on during the bedtime routine, it can be very extreme for a young child to go from a very bright room to complete darkness when the parent leaves the room.”I am the former European Director of the Association of Professional Sleep Consultants; a member of The International Association of Child Sleep Consultants and a (PV) Member of the Irish Association of Relationship Mentors.

Use my unique two fold sleep strategy which combines biological time keeping and parent attended support to develop positive sleeping tendencies Adult sleep recommendations are between seven to nine hours. For children, I rely on the National Sleep Foundation’s (NSF) current guidelines, which are derived from the opinion of 18 international sleep researchers after they reviewed findings from 312 articles. This indicates sleep values between 11 to 12 hours overnight with naps decreasing as the child gets older. kate288 Ho Kate, sorry, as I've not read the book so have no idea what I'm talking about but just read the bit where you said leaving the room may actually be better and it reminded me of my DS when he was a similar age. Limit the use of electronic media and television, obviously, in the last hour before bedtime, but also through the course of the day. As parents, we can often rely more heavily on gadgets than we would like and routinely their use derails sleep - cutting short the amount of deep, restoring sleep they have and alerting the waking part of the brain when we want it to slow down. It can be challenging to alter our device use, but a challenge that can pay dividends in terms of sleep improvements. Little ones who are upset should not be alone at any stage and so, in terms of how long should your baby cry, the answer is minimal,” she adds.

While it may seem harsh, CIO is harder on you than on your little one. With consistency (that’s the key!), your baby should begin falling asleep on her own within three to four nights, give or take. Ferber method From birth you can begin to gently shape your child’s sleep in the first 6 months and implement my effective and caring, percentage of wakefulness approach and from 6 months onwards up to age 6 you can learn all about my stay and support method and sleep guidance that promotes sleeping through the night and napping well by day, when your child is developmentally able to do so. Hopefully she’ll fall asleep fast, but if she cries a lot, take her out of the crib for a set amount of time (say, half an hour) and then try again.

At that point, your baby should be able to fall asleep without you there. This method won’t work for babies who can’t put you out of mind until you’re out of sight, however. You can apply the same nighttime sleep training strategy for naps. If you’re trying cry it out or Ferber, keep in mind that after 30 minutes of crying, a good portion of the nap may be gone. So you may want to set a limit on crying (say, 10 or 15 minutes) before trying another method of getting your baby to sleep. How long does sleep training take? Lucy says: 'Many parents report success with this method and within that then it deserves consideration. I always want parents to make changes and adjustments and use approaches that resonate for them. However, I do find that it may be over-stimulating and confusing for the child. It is suggested that you PU when crying and PD when calm- this could lead to mixed messages and ultimately teach your child to cry, when ultimately we are aiming for your child not to cry and for them to feel supported and accompanied as they learn.' Its great that your DDs sleep is improving, but it is hard to see them be upset. The best thing you can do, in my opinion anyway, is to just continue being consistent so it gives her a chance to learn to settle. She'll get there. And although she is upset you are with her and you know shes safe. Are you following the suggested routine? I am loosely for sleep/wake time and I have found that helps alot.There’s no one way to sleep train, but many parents find that one or a mix of the following sleep training methods works for their families: Cry it out (CIO)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment