276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Family Remains: the gripping Sunday Times No. 1 bestseller (The Family Upstairs, 2)

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I will also have author interviews and author related pieces to enrich the reading experience of that particular author's works. It also was an issue that when one narrator had to do the voice of another’s character, there was no similarity. All signs point to an intruder, and the French police need her to come urgently to answer questions about Michael and his past that she very much doesn’t want to answer. It was such a great book written with different timelines so you go back and forth in time quite a lot to different characters.

I also liked how we got to see more of Henry’s true personality, and discover how obsessive he really is. The Family Remains is a big, globetrotting book with a huge cast of characters and back stories and police investigations and so much going on. He tells no one else and leaves in the middle of the night so Lucy, who is temporarily living with her two young children at Henry’s flat, won’t find out he is chasing after Phin.Lisa Jewell's THE FAMILY REMAINS is the sequel to The Family Upstairs, my favorite novel that I've read from the author. Whereas Bolton can masterfully craft some quirky characters (think of the gypsy fam from Dead Woman Walking) and slanted dialogue, Jewell is the Olympic diver who belly flops into the pool.

The bones are those of a young woman who had suffered blunt force trauma, DCI Samuel Owusu investigates as forensic evidence leads him to a Chelsea mansion in Cheyne Walk where 3 decades ago, three dead bodies were found in the kitchen. But I was also worried that I would miss the joy of bringing new characters to life on the page, so once Rachel Rimmer and Samuel Owusu arrived on the scene, that’s when the book really came alive for me.The whole impetus for the sequel was to show him finding Phin who was very much in Botswana at the end of the first book. Struck by her utter ordinariness, Alix decides to see if she might make an interesting podcast out of what looks like a very small and uninteresting life. Surviving the house of horrors of their youth to become functioning, if scarred, adults and Lucy meeting her twenty-five-year-old daughter Libby was really only the beginning of how things turned out for the four. All the sinister and creepy details about The Family Upstairs came flooding back to me with Lisa Jewell’s help as she referenced many of the details throughout the sequel. Lucy is living with her brother, and seeking safety, stability and security after experiencing a challenging set of circumstances and periods of homelessness.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment