276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mens Fashion Shirt Cheap Men T Shirt UFC Nate Diaz Stockton 209 Repeat Black T Shirt Men Casual Shirt

£5.315£10.63Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Diaz vs. Chimaev is a polarizing matchup that analysts and even other UFC fighters have blasted. Chimaev is 28 years old and one of the hottest rising stars in the UFC, a dominant wrestler from Chechnya via Sweden with a 5-0 UFC record and four finishes. He is very likely on the cusp of a title shot. Diaz, meanwhile, is nine years older, has 14 more years of pro-MMA wear and tear, and has lost three of four. I would like it to be MMA," Diaz said. "I'm a fighter. But I also would like to be able to participate in whatever I want. The coolest thing is a motherf---er who can do whatever the f--- he wants." In Diaz's mind, Edwards followed what had become a pattern. For three of Diaz's past four opponents, their next fight was for a title: McGregor, Masvidal and Edwards. Diaz believes the UFC is setting Chimaev up for that very thing -- a chance at the belt -- if he can beat Diaz.

Early in this camp, Diaz and company traveled to Belgrade, Montana, to train with Brazilian jiu-jitsu royalty Kron Gracie. About three weeks from the fight, Diaz, his brother and his teammates competed in a triathlon in Lake Tahoe. Sometimes, they all go downstate to Los Angeles to train with coach Ernie Reyes Jr., a lifelong martial artist with a bevy of Hollywood acting credits. Editor's note: Khamzat Chimaev missed weight and Nate Diaz fought Tony Ferguson in the main event of UFC 279. He submitted Ferguson in the fourth round. ( Watch on ESPN+) Before he accepted the Chimaev bout, Diaz told the UFC he wanted to fight heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou or middleweight champion Israel Adesanya because they're "cool." That "cool" factor will be something that informs Diaz's decision about a UFC return in the future.White will be cageside Saturday night, watching one of the stars of his company perhaps make the final walk. He understands what a Diaz departure might mean for the UFC.

Butcher did well initially but had trouble with Diaz's pace and body shots as the rounds wore on, a situation not foreign to past Diaz opponents. ESPN Daily podcast If I fight Jake Paul, he ain't paying me, I'm paying him," Diaz says. "I don't want or need to fight Jake Paul. He needs and wants to fight me." That's enough for me," Diaz said, referring to his fight with Edwards. "If you get your ass whipped, you're the loser; I'm the winner. The only thing that happened in that fight with me and him was [the big fifth-round punch]. For his next fight after Chimaev, Diaz would like to compete in mixed martial arts, not boxing, under his promotional banner. But, Diaz said, if history is any indication, everything changes for him after every fight. So, nothing can be made definite until after Saturday. None of this is lost on Diaz, who referred to the fight as something of a "punishment." Diaz initially turned down the Chimaev fight last winter, causing the UFC to extend his contract. But after Chimaev beat Gilbert Burns at UFC 273 in April, Diaz's team told the UFC that Diaz was willing to fight anyone to fulfill the final fight on his deal. The UFC again offered Chimaev, and Diaz accepted.

Nate Diaz's UFC career by the numbers

Monday through Friday, host Pablo Torre brings you an inside look at the most interesting stories at ESPN, as told by the top reporters and insiders on the planet. Listen Diaz returned in August 2019, beating Anthony Pettis, which set up the mythical "BMF title" fight with Masvidal at New York's Madison Square Garden. The massive UFC event, attended by then-President Donald Trump, was the first time a sitting U.S. president had ever attended an MMA fight.

The list of actors whom Diaz would let beat up his character in a movie is short but headlined, he said, by Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro. With his knowledge of Hollywood and marketability, Reyes sees a bright future for Diaz in whatever he does next.The second half is gonna be bigger than anything I've ever done and bigger than anything that's expected," Diaz said. "I have endless ideas." I don't care how the fight was going. This is war. We're fighting for f----ing cities and families and b------. Your city, family and b------ are all mine. I just killed you. And that's the champ." I've been waiting to do it for a long time, because I know he could do it," Perez says. "I'm for it all the way. He'll do really good. He'll be in the top two [in his division], I bet you. He could win a belt. When he's training just in boxing, he's tremendous. People talk about him all the time. We go to professional boxing gyms ... [and] he whips guys' butts."

On Saturday, Diaz will fight up-and-coming star Khamzat Chimaev in the main event of UFC 279 in Las Vegas ( 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+ PPV). It will be the final fight on Diaz's UFC contract, as he is poised to do something that has never been done before in MMA: depart the UFC voluntarily at the height of his fame. Perez, who has coached Diaz for nearly 20 years, is excited about the idea that his pupil could step into a boxing ring in the future. I saw the market," Diaz said. "You're a G, I'm a G. I can make a gangster fight out of that. I'll do it off the Pettis fight. Follow the blueprint, motherf---er. It's right here." Any of [the body shots], if he would have put more on it, would have dropped me, I would imagine. A couple of the head shots wobbled me, too."When there's a cool guy who comes in and beats all these fools up and he becomes champion, that's when I want to fight in the UFC because he's actually a cool guy," Diaz said. "And he's not there now. But when he does [get there], you'll know it. Because I'm gonna say, 'What's up now, motherf---er?'

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment