Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Ultimo Theme or 1050 pound development of custom code

A forum for web designers working with the Magento system.

Ultimo Theme or 1050 pound development of custom code

Postby scottsman » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi guys
I have designed my site (not professionally) and am looking to get someone to tramsform my design into a website. Have come across this agency: Flick Media Ltd
They offer a 1050 pound build of a site with custom code.
I have also been offered to have my design implemented into Ultimo Theme for 200-250 pounds by a guy I have found in people pr hour.
Both seem very cheap.
What would you guys do, go with implementation for 200-250 pounds in the Ultimo theme or go for a custom code site which seems to be very cheap with an agency. Also are the prices for both things just too low, a scam, or could they be the real deal?

Thanks in advance for your help
scottsman

Re: Ultimo Theme or 1050 pound development of custom code

Postby MageCloud » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:53 pm

The problem with the first option is that for the custom code it is likely that you'll depend on this company for future projects/updates. Since this is going to be a custom job, there's no way of knowing if they've actually made it understandable and usable for outside developers. I would be very cautious with these companies. Check for their reviews or maybe ask them to link to their PPH/Upwork profile (they most likely have one) - this way you can find some credible feedback about their work.

As for the second option - the price seems to be OK, but it depends on specifics of the integration and the level of customization the final thing will require. I'd go with the theme for a simple reason - it's a product that has a user base and a support team that can always assist you. The 'custom project' guys might always be asking for more money - for support and/or for any future updates to the site.
MageCloud

Return to Magento Designers