276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is a story about life and death and one of the most important human rights: the right to be different. In parallel, we get stories from The Land of Almost Awake, a fantasy creation of Elsa's grandmother to draw her away from her tough life and keep her entertained. I really enjoyed this book which is told from the point of view of a 7 year old (almost 8 as she says) girl named Elsa who is unusually clever for her age but in so many ways still very much a child. However if I ignore that I did enjoy the story and found it to be a light, entertaining read, not quite as interesting as Ove, but still okay. o que para muita gente pode ser uma leitura "cheia de coisa", pra mim foi como revisitar muitos dos melhores anos da minha vida, porque neles eu volto a passar tardes e noites na casa da minha vózinha, sem saber quando um assunto começava e outro terminava, rindo de qualquer coisa e criando um mundo nosso muito melhor do que aquele que já tínhamos.

A normal story can either be funny or sad or exciting or scary or dramatic or sentimental, but a Christmas tale has to be all those things. As Christmas draws near, even the best superhero grandmothers may have one or two things they’d like to apologise for.But at some point I understood better who these characters were and just went with the flow because what is divulged about Granny's past will make you love her in spite of everything . Encourage them to ask questions about your personal life, so that they too can be future storytellers and keep memories alive.

I am not going to say anything else about the plot or the characters as this one is best going in cold if at all possible.There was a story to be told but with too many distractions; too many things to NOT like along the way. When Granny dies (which I guess is kind of a spoiler, but c’mon, clearly you saw that coming) Elsa slowly learns more about the life she lived before they became friends. Odată bunica a dus-o pe nepoțica sa în Spania, povestește Fredrik Backman, și au stat acolo la un hotel all inclusive, dar Elsa n-a fost deloc impresionată. This book, with a quirky, lovable, eccentric, unique cast of characters; its cheeky sense of humor; social commentary and tongue in cheek approach to the absurdities of 'Society', combined with fairy tales in the Harry Potter zeitgeist, kept me cemented to the plot and pathos of an extraordinary as well as entertaining story, written by a highly talented author. And in the end, after all, Backman forced me to ask myself what is wrong with shameless sentimentality when it's this well done?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment