276°
Posted 20 hours ago

His Forsaken Bride (Vawdrey Brothers Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Yes,” she answered, her eyes flying to his and he had the oddest feeling she was trying to comprehend his gaze rather than his words. That probably wasn’t something he should encourage. When had she started doing that? I’m also sad that this book didn’t have an epilogue. I’m glad we get glimpses of this couple in future books, but I still want more! Second read: 4.5 stars. I don’t know what I was thinking the first time around, but I definitely appreciated this book more the second time. I absolutely LOVE the hero, he’s fantastic. All his scheming and plotting made him all the more delicious. Also, the sex scenes were 🔥🔥🔥.

His Forsaken Bride (Vawdrey Brothers Book 2) Read online

Fen’s character is less defined (beyond being sweet and kind of naive). I found her likeable if not particularly memorable. The chemistry between this couple was sizzling and while it’s obvious this was an insta story, it was not at all over the top. Secondary characters are amazing in all that they bring to the story. So many characters that I want more from. I’m the last to want a long drawn out series, but I’m wishing/hoping there is more regarding the various individuals who brought so much life and color to this story. This is a long book…very long. But I never once skimmed or became bored. There is little to no repetition and introspection is given in appropriate amounts and times. While I didn’t like Oswald’s story as much as I did Mason’s, I truly enjoyed it! These brothers are proving to be perfect in the possessive alpha hero department. His Forsaken Bride started out rather well. I even didn’t mind that Oswald was a cunning snake, who married (kind-off) Fen for his own gain. He of course seemed nothing like the Oswald in Her Baseborn Bridegroom, but that was okay, because that was Oswald being seen through the eyes of Mason and Linnet, so he was bound to be different.I love how these Vawdrey's brother loose their heads and their emotions go over the top when they mee the right woman! LMAOOO

His Forsaken Bride - Goodreads

The poor woman was so out of her confort in court! She didn't know anything about the court life and intrigue, so she just fell into one bad situation after another! And nothing was her fault because she did everything with the best intentions! Oswald who starts the union with a cool calculation soon finds himself full of possessiveness and lust. Fen who is used to being cast aside and treated like an old shoe, finds new confidence and makes new friends.This second Vawdrey Brothers book was surprisingly good. The hero, Oswald, was far more complex and not as beta as he comes across in the first book. Oswald Vawdrey was a revelation. Fen swallows her pride and rides to the King’s court at Aphrany to beg for Lord Vawdrey’s intercession. But Lord Vawdrey is not the charming boy she remembers, and he has no interest in halting her divorce. Instead, he has quite different plans for his former intended bride. It was sometimes hilarious read and somtimes I wanted to strangle her and yell to her to just put her foot down and stand for herself. Safe om is h’s husband who divorces her before she reunites with H – he does not cause any real drama although she does have to work through the dissoluteness of her marriage, this does not take up a large portion of the story; no ow drama – H has been celibate for ten years Fenella’s eyes widened, but she re-filled his cup. He took it and carried it with him toward the bedroom. He heard her footsteps following him as trusting as a lamb, and prayed for strength. He had promised her, that he would be considerate and give her time. His hard, yearning body did not care one whit for this. It was aching and ready to cleave to her and none other. She shut the bedroom door behind them and he set the wine down by his bedside and unbuttoned the top of his tunic. The wine was already flowing through his veins, making him flushed, though it had not taken the edge yet off his need. He could hear rustling behind him and guessed she was retrieving her new gowns to show to him. Gowns he had absolutely no interest in seeing. He shut his eyes briefly and steeled himself to ignore the steady pulse in his groin. Abstinence had been a way of life for him for so long, that desire was almost a stranger to him. He had honestly thought he could sleep beside a wife and it not mess with equanimity in the slightest. He had been a bloody fool.

His Forsaken Bride by Alice Coldbreath, Anne Flosnik His Forsaken Bride by Alice Coldbreath, Anne Flosnik

Yes,” she breathed and gave a small wriggle which made him groan. “Are you, alright?” she asked uncertainly. Linnet bit her lip. “It will be a lot of work for you Oswald, but perhaps with someone at your side...” She hesitated and looked at her husband expectantly. Oswald smiled at this and took a small sip of wine. “Why? Because Father practically moved in with you, after his grandchildren were born?”

Customer reviews

You’re not going straight to Vawdrey Keep, then?” asked Mason with a heavy frown. “Much work awaits you there too, now you’ve inherited it.” You know, I'm not one for liking books where the hero treats the heroine badly. That's not the best description for this series though. Their words are cutting and they start out selfish, but their actions are protective and they are very jealous and possessive. It's a combination that you wouldn't think mix and yet the author pulls it off.

His Forsaken Bride Quotes by Alice Coldbreath - Goodreads His Forsaken Bride Quotes by Alice Coldbreath - Goodreads

The slow burn romance was quite nice. The circumstances surrounding the MCs reunion was believable enough and the transformation of the austere and slightly grumpy H into a besotted idiot was pretty satisfying. Unfortunately, the deception and the face that the H never intends on revealing the truth of their marriage to the h was a little disappointing. Honest being the best policy and all that. Now Fen is placed in a most precarious position by her current husband's perfidy. She is to be divorced without his even consulting her. She hasn't even seen the bugger in over 2 years! But when she goes to Oswald to seek help stopping the divorce she finds a VERY different outcome... Oh, we know you're terribly successful at court,” Linnet hurried to assure him. “And we're both awfully proud of your achievements in the King's council. Mason said you are Wymer's most trusted adviser these days, and certainly everyone agrees, the most competent.”Few Mus, few differences, some spats happen but the H's will prevails. Vawdrey hs are too sweet and amenable for their own good. Fenella and Oswald were arranged to be married over a decade ago so when her husband wants a divorce to marry another, she turns to Oswald for help. Of course, that is where you’ll be placed as a cast-off wife. You can hardly hold a property unwed.” Mason grunted. “Who'd have thought the old bastard would have it in him?” He gave a grudging smile. “He fairly doted on both the girls.” But I have to say that he didn't remind me of Jarvis as he ahd my firend Ira! *wink* He was too bewildred - Jarvis would never do these things! LOL

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment