276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SABO Deadlift Shoes - Grey/Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

SABO weightlifting shoes are built on Russian whole sizes (size 34 - 47). The table below shows the conversion of Russian to US mens's sizes. RUS We want the tread pattern and outsole material to offer good traction. This is especially true for wide-stance lifts like the sumo deadlift. Pulling off a successful deadlift depends mainly on two points in your foot. These points are the ankle and the middle part of your foot.

Although they aren’t a favorite for everyone because they don’t have enough cushioning, this is exactly why they’re great for deadlifting! Also, the non-slipping nature of deadlift shoes sole protects you from slipping. In the sumo deadlift, having your feet slip is common, especially when you’re lifting on a wooden deadlift platform, which can lead to adductor strains or, worse, dropping the plates on your feet. Maintains a Good Posture and Improves ResultsThe material that goes into making the outsole is among the most important things to care about, as it impacts many of the following aspects. However, they run narrow, so they aren’t the best deadlifting shoes for lifters with wide feet. The high ankle collar can also limit your ankle dorsiflexion when squatting, so they aren’t the best shoes for squats and deadlifts. If you have squats and deadlifts in the same workout, be prepared to change your shoes for each lift. Improved grip is another significant advantage of powerlifting shoes. To avoid slipping and keep correct form when lifting heavy weights, it's critical to have a firm grip on the lifting surface. The sole materials and construction of powerlifting shoes are intended to provide maximum traction. These frayed edges may have been there when I got them — I’m not sure. I just know that I noticed it in the first couple of weeks of training, and they never got any worse even after several months. It hasn’t affected the strap’s functionality at all, so I consider this a predominately aesthetic flaw. I actually think it may just be extra thread leftover from a sloppy but functionally adequate sewing job in the factory.

I said above that 5 mm is very thin, but not too thin. Let me explain what I mean — 5 mm is pretty much the bare minimum you can get before you run into issues with: Weightlifting shoes also have hard soles, but they are somewhat flat. They can have a raised heel that adds 0.5 – 1” height. The added height makes it easier for lifters to get into a deeper position for squats, snatches, and cleans, but it is not ideal for deadlifts. If you’re looking for shoes for deadlifting and squats, consider an all-purpose shoe like the NOBULL Trainer+. Any other shoe with a flat sole and minimal cushioning is also good for squats and deadlifts. Deadlift Shoes vs Regular Sneakers: Which Are Better for Deadlifts?Like other hi-top shoes, these aren’t the best shoes for squats and deadlifts because the hi-top can limit your ankle’s movement during squats. They work best as deadlifting shoes, but you can also wear them on your upper body training days. The high top powerlifting shoes design is one of their distinguishing features, as it offers additional ankle support. The high top design stretches above the ankle, ensuring a secure fit and avoiding unwanted movement or rolling during the lift. This can help to reduce the chance of ankle injuries during heavy lifting.

The shoe’s body is made of canvas, which is a double-edged weapon. On the one hand, it’s great for flexibility, and the raised ankle collar provides ankle support if you lace it tightly. On the other hand, it doesn’t provide as much support as other shoes with straps. New non-marking outsole is made of high density material with a special design for traction. Soles are ultra thin: 2mm-5mm.

The Best – SABO Deadlift Shoes

To solve this problem, modern deadlift shoes (especially those made for flat feet) provide slight arch support in a smart design that adds no padding to your feet. In that case, the metatarsal strap will stabilize your feet and prevent the arch support from putting you off balance. What makes the Otomix Stingray special is that it has a relatively thinner and flatter sole than most boxing shoes. The rubber also gives it durability against heavy compression. This is exactly what you want when doing sumo deadlifts (or wide stance squats). The wide foot stance necessarily requires pushing outward through your feet as you pull the weight up. Below is a very thorough and technical video on the subject of deadlifting in Olympic shoes versus flat shoes.

As strength sports and more specifically powerlifting continues to grow, so does the popularity of SABO Deadlift Shoes. There are handfuls of powerlifters that regard SABO Deadlift Shoes as the best deadlift shoe in the game. Regularly competing in powerlifting myself, I was curious, are the SABO Deadlift Shoes really as great as many say? Overall, the SABO Deadlift Shoes are top-notch deadlift-specific shoes. Yes, they have a couple flaws that I went over earlier, but they’re very minor ones.

My Top Picks for Deadlift Shoes

The soles are made of rubber, which has minimal compression. You might not even notice the difference unless you’re lifting super-heavy weights. SABO PowerLift feature classical construction for the purists out there. They are specifically designed to let you hold and fixate your feet, and a flexible toe box with a solid insert provides superior heel support. They feature two multidirectional straps made from natural leather, and synthetic breathable mesh keeps you comfortable and helps to control odors.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment