276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Logickeyboard PC Designed for Avid Media Composer | 'Classic' Layout | USB Wired | Two Built-in USB2 Hubs | Compatible to Windows 10/11

£83.51£167.02Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thankfully, we’ve found some workarounds you can try that will allow you to further customize your Avid Pro Tools shortcut workflow:

Overall since Resolve uses a similar mode-based way of working as Avid does it might be an easier keyboard adaptation. I’ll have to use it more to make a judgment. So far I could transfer about 90% of my shortcuts from Avid & Premiere, some of the shortcuts I think could also be improved, like the number keys are still unusable in the Source Viewer panel - they still function as timecode input, or when using shortcut to toggle on Inspector or Effect panel, pressing them again wouldn't toggle off those panels, or a bug when using Mark clip then press Ripple Delete (extract) right away would sometimes cause a wrong portion being deleted etc.So far in DR 15.2 update we can now use our number keys to do actions on the timeline, plus the visualisation of how they are mapped! Big kudos to Davinci Resolve team. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary. I end up basically working 60% keyboard, 40% tablet (or mouse) and have pretty much swapped half of the keys around, so it's currently looking a little like this: A shortcut/a new function for searching for clip on the timeline would be nice. Also another shortcut for the search function in the bin & one can start typing to search right away.

It's actually the thing that keeps me from moving from Premiere Pro and Avid to edit in Davinci Resolve. I use the number rows for shortcuts a lot in those two NLEs and since I want to migrate as much of my shortcuts from other NLEs, I can't afford to lose a whole row for just typing timecode to jump to. I'd rather having the number pad on the right for that purpose. You can also create a custom icon for each button to eliminate confusion (and maybe even add a little fun). If you’re looking for the easiest hotkey solution on the market, this is it.But this has never been a thing in the Avid world so I was surprised to see this. It’s also the first time I remember seeing Resolve as a competitor keyboard shortcut option. 🤔 I was curious so I fired up Media Composer to see what these shortcuts looked like as Avid kinda by its very design isn’t really a “tool” based editor. Meaning you often work in different modes and you don’t have a lot of tools like you do in Premiere that get keyboard shortcut. If you want to slip a clip you don’t grab a slip tool and drag but rather you enter Trim Mode and do a slip trim which is a far more effective way to do it anyway since you can play the media and not drag. But I digress. The short answer to that second question is that the Live feels like the top half of the CT. You get the 6 dials, the 12 touch screen buttons. What you don’t get is the extra 12 physical buttons at the bottom and the big, round dial with the touchscreen in the center. You also get 8 ROUND buttons across the bottom but the one on the left is a home button. So that’s more like seven. On the CT the home buttons is a square button. Okay!

This can be a big downside for editors who are used to a certain workflow or just want to change things around because of personal preference (for example, you prefer to use the [fn] key instead of the control key before commands). Also, I couldn't find a way to set the keyboard shortcut for the Auto Align Clips by Waveform on the Timeline. Hope it is included in the next update. I believe it can be. Adjusting audio gain via a dial and not a keyboard combo is very fast considering you often have to implement the key combo multiple times as you change an audio level. A twist of a dial is a very natural way to do this and it beats mousing it with the Audio Mixer by a mile. Whatever the reason, Avid makes it easy to swap and customize your keyboard shortcuts and hot keys. Just follow these simple steps:Step 5: Drag and drop the selected action to whatever key you’d like to assign it to in the Command Pallete keyboard. You’ll want to use “Menu to Button” Reassignment if you want to attach a menu item to a certain key or shortcut, such as control panel windows. In Avid media composer, I can select a clip with some I/O points, and then Lift/Extract/Copy (ALT + z,x,c) into the source monitor so that I can insert/overwrite the clip elsewhere on the timeline. Sorry for bumping an old thread but it seems that some keyboard shortcuts is not functioning as they should. Not sure if they are bugs or not: If you’re doing a lot of editing, these will be the keys with the most wear and tear. Now, let’s get into some more complex shortcut combinations for different uses.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment