276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lessons in Chemistry: The multi-million-copy bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Strikingly relevant…Darkly funny and poignant… Lessons in Chemistry’s excellent experiment [is] quirky and heartwarming. Piglet is the searing, unforgettable and original debut which is set to take readers by storm in 2024. Lessons in Chemistry will make you wonder about all the real-life women born ahead of their time - women who were sidelined, ignored and worse because they weren't as resourceful, determined and lucky as Elizabeth Zott. My friend recommended this book to me and I understand why, I cannot put it down, a really great read. The most delightful novel I read this year—fresh and surprising—was Lessons in Chemistry: a fish-out-of-water story about a feminist hero who never stops pushing for what’s right.

Like a woman-centric “Mad Men”…A witty and sharp dramedy about resilience and found families…Readers won’t be able to get enough of Elizabeth and her makeshift family. With over 6 million of the world’s best eBooks to choose from, Kobo offers you a whole world of reading.It is hard not to read “Lessons in Chemistry” and wonder if Zott’s creator has achieved something similarly subversive, offering readers more substance than some, at least, expected — and changing their lives in the process. Elizabeth’s unusual approach to cooking (“combine one tablespoon acetic acid with a pinch of sodium chloride”) proves revolutionary. Between the outrageous sexism and the bitter misfortune that thwart our heroine at every turn, this may not sound like a comic novel, but it is.

Forced to leave her job at the institute, she soon finds herself the reluctant star of America’s most beloved cooking show, Supper at Six. The story goes back to 1950s America, when opportunities to advance career wise, especially in the sciences were non-existent.

A charming story, whilst fictitious in so many ways, it also has some meaningful and important messages. Which is why a few years later, Elizabeth Zott finds herself not only a single mother, but the reluctant star of America's most beloved cooking show, Supper at Six . Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. The investor reveals that she is Evans's mother and found them due to Madeline's having sent a letter to her foundation thanking her for funding the orphanage.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment