276°
Posted 20 hours ago

2021 Anti-Planner Planner A Planner for people who hate planners and the people who love them

£3.765£7.53Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Few figures polarize the planning profession like Randal O’Toole, a senior fellow at the libertarian Cato Institute. As far as I know, O’Toole has never attempted to steal Christmas and was nowhere near the grassy knoll, but nevertheless if you’re going to bring up his name at a gathering of transportation planners you’d better have a defibrillator handy. In part, the outrage O’Toole provokes is due to his sometimes colorful mode of self-expression, but basically it comes from the fact that he is one of a handful of planners (or, as he calls them, “antiplanners”) who take issue with the prevailing orthodoxy in the field. airlines Amtrak Austin automobiles bicycles bus-rapid transit bus transit California commuter rail congestion Denver driverless cars energy heavy rail high-speed rail highways Honolulu housing housing affordability infrastructure intercity bus intercity passenger trains intercity rail light-rail transit light rail Los Angeles low-capacity rail New York New York City Portland rail transit reauthorization San Antonio San Francisco San Francisco Bay Area Seattle self-driving cars streetcar streetcars tax-increment financing transit transit-oriented development Twin Cities Washington Washington DC Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including:

Dani’s comics serve not only as a comfort for people with ADHD, but as a way for people without ADHD to get insight into the lives of those who do. Visual communication is a really powerful way to get these messages across. Super excited. Bought one for my partner too and we’re excitedly walking through it together and I think it’ll help with accountability. Thank you for making such a wonderful resource. To help librarians, please edit the title of this thread and mark it "DONE". Thank yo Christine wrote: "Added: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...Authors, if you are a member of the Goodreads Author Program, you can edit information about your own books. Find out how in this guide. Zeihan doesn’t say so but any time advocates of some government subsidize project say, “This project will create lots of jobs,” you should immediately translate that in your mind as saying, “This project is going to make labor shortages even worse.” The jobs argument never was a good argument for doing things that required government subsidies, but now it is one more reason not to do major projects that require government subsidies. paper that is on the inside of the cover is peeling off the corners. I’ll fix it with a strong adhesive.

One of the reasons why RTD had such large cost overruns was that the airport, Longmont, and several other lines were originally planned to be powered by Diesels but, after the 2004 election, RTD switched to electric power despite the higher costs. Photo by Jarrett Stewart. pen band is very stretchy, pen keeps flipping around and tugging on things in my bag. I’ll fix this with some nylon. So why would rail lovers at home be rail detractors at work? O’Toole’s reasoning: “I don’t expect taxpayers to subsidize these preferences any more than if I liked hot-air balloons or midget submarines.” Amusingly enough (or ominously enough, I can’t decide which), I’ve been using the balloon bon mot myself for years. (I hadn’t thought of tossing in the submarine.) The Mineta Institute— named after a San Jose congressman who was Secretary of Transportation in 2001 through 2006 — has a new report claiming that high-speed rail will produce huge economic and environmental benefits. Rather than being based on any careful analyses, it basically repeats old claims that are even less valid today than when they were first made. The 2022 database comes in the form of 29 different spreadsheets. To simplify it, I have collapsed these into a single spreadsheet that contains that data I find most useful for every transit agency and mode of transit. These data include trips, passenger-miles, service (in VRM or vehicle-revenue-miles and VRH or vehicle-revenue-hours), average weekday ridership, fares (including fares paid by riders and fares paid by organizations), operating costs, capital costs (including costs for existing service and costs for expanded service, plus unspecified costs for smaller agencies), number of vehicles, number of seats, amount of standing room, and revenue rail miles. Continue reading → Tagged transitI grew up loving comics like Calvin & Hobbes, because they gave me an outlet of relating to an internal world that others didn’t seem to understand. Now that I’m older, I want to be able to give that same feeling to other people, especially within the mental health community. When I first discovered mental health content online, I would literally start tearing up (even at things that weren’t sad!) because I’d never felt so heard, seen, or understood. A really well put together resource. I was pretty blown away by how many sections apply to me right now at this time in my life. And conveniently she offers good sections to pair together and exercises from other sections that could help with any specific problem! The cover is lovely to touch, the paper is HELLA nice quality, and the explanations and introductions are clear and relatable and nonjudgmental. Today’s guest is Dani Donovan, a creator whose TikTok videos and illustrations help those with ADHD understand themselves and feel validated. Her first infographic in 2019 about ADHD storytelling went viral with over 100 million views. Since then, her content has become more and more popular. She was chosen as the closing speaker for the 2021 International ADHD Conference, and her work has been published in The New York Times, the BBC, PBS and more. Light rail is a “proven technology,” claims Atlanta Beltline engineer Shaun Green, so there is no need to look at alternatives to spending a couple of billion dollars or so building a 22-mile light-rail and streetcar loop around the city. He was responding to some local residents who think that alternatives should be considered because “ rail is the 20th century.” Donations from wonderful humans like you are the reason I was able to leave my job to make ADHD content full-time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment