276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Queen of Myth and Monsters (Adrian X Isolde, 2)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I completely agree with you. I felt like there were some weird choices made when it came to Isolde. I really hope the next one is better, as I hate to leave a series in the middle of it. But if it keeps falling flat then I just might. I am of the House of Lara, daughter of Elvira of Nailani, sister of witches, and I have come to reclaim my crown." And it wasn't even new fights. But reworded iterations the same fights. And after awhile I was just annoyed. Rather than push through and give this a low rating, when I know I won't be continuing with the series anyways, I just decided to put it down.

BOMBASTIC side eye🫣 this felt nothing like king of battle and blood. nobody talk to me, i am mourning. Things I already love about this book even though I’ve only read the first three chapters because Net Galley rules, and it’s available in the Read Now section so… I’m not saying run to get them, but I sure did. The corners of Adrian’s lips curled, and he learned closer, his breath on my lips as he spoke. “If that is your wish, I shall build it myself.”

That’s just to name a few without giving too much away about who the traitors are and what their motivations were. One, I feel bad for them because they were just trying to put a stop to what was becoming a growing problem. They had stabbed Isolde, but they were distraught over it. I have no sympathy for the other. Given that they are responsible for nearly everything that goes wrong in the series. I understand being angry about past injustices, but I believe the things they did at this point are even worse, especially given that the people responsible are long dead. Things I like? I always love Isolde and her murder-y ways and vibes. She's an antiheroine who is very confused by her new life and is trying to find a way to adapt but stuff keep happening. I always want heroines like her where they're not afraid to dirty their hands and love doing it. They gradually began to clash. Their choices are made independently of one another, but eventually, for reasons of power and vengeance, they will be forced to work together. Is it possible that love will triumph over their darkness, or are they destined to simply learn to live with it?

Isolde: “Perhaps if I had been raised by my mother, I would be more inclined to forgive you for it, but I was raised by my father, and like him, I am only interested in punishing those who slight me.”The fact that three chapters have done nothing apart from making me want to re-read the entire first book (again) and devour this one the second it’s out! My fate is bonded to two princes– one born of blood, the other of power— but my trust lies in neither. The Content Warning in the very beginning of the book, which includes several phone numbers to reach to if you need them. Absolutely love that idea, and I think more authors should implement it - especially in books dealing with TWs as severe as these ones.

This story twists so much that it blurs the line between good and evil, you're not quite sure which side anyone is on. The betrayals are surprising and I actually liked this book even more than the first. It is still a lot of spice but there was a much more captivating plot and it kept me hooked throughout.Adrian, on the other hand, had gotten worse because he loves Isolde so much that he lets her walk all over him. You see slimmers of anger but never times where he defends himself. He’s been the king for 200 years and has done fairly well hence the 200 years. Isolde thinks she knows better than him. Might I add, she’s gotten more people killed in the past 1.5 books than probably he ruled in those 200 years. International and USA Today Best Selling author Scarlett St. Clair is a citizen of the Muscogee Nation and the author of the HADES X PERSEPHONE SAGA, the HADES SAGA, KING OF BATTLE & BLOOD, and WHEN STARS COME OUT. Enter the brutal and elite world of a war college for dragon riders from USA Today bestselling author Rebecca Yarros

This chapter of Queen of Myth and Monsters was written from Adrian’s point of view. Like Isolde, he was constantly yearning for a brutal battle that would endanger the kingdom. He was currently on the witch’s territory, but their spells couldn’t touch him because he had been trained to kill. In the end, he was successful, and as he turned to go after casting one last glance, a grin appeared on his lips.You do not have to have lived a hundred years, or even twenty. If your soul is tired, you will be tired.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment